PDA

View Full Version : Are We Encouraging Too Many Sheeple to Go Out and Vote With Our Sign Waving?

michaelwise
01-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Perhaps we are reminding too many sheeple that it is election day with our sign waving on the streets. Perhaps we should stop our sign waving on the streets, since we are the only ones doing it. The voter turnout of the mainstream media's brainwashed sheeple on the day of the election would be much lower, and the informed Ron Paul supporters would get a higher percentage of votes.

The weeks before the election we should concentrate on going door to door only. The day of the election we should concentrate our sign waving to stalk the TV cameras only, not the general idiocracy. Let's try this experiment with the Michigan Meetups. We have nothing to loose by trying this tactic.

What do you think?

greendiseaser
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
i don't think it is US influencing the voters to turn out.

Look.
We have to face the truth of this uphill battle:

Voters are turning out in record numbers because they are sick of the current bullshit.
Unfortunately when record numbers of uninformed firsttime and semi-apathetic voters show up to cast their vote, you get a RECORD NUMBER OF UNINFORMED STUPID VOTES.

Well meaning people, working within the confines of their limited mental structure to vote for the candidate they think is best based on their very limited information supply (the news sucks BIG TIME) and somewhat limited cranial cavity contents.

That and we have to just accept that what is left of the republican base after a decade plus of very piss poor republican values is PRETTY PATHETIC. I mean real a-holes, warmongerers, racists, homophobes, god-dorks who only vote for the biggest god-lover, and basicaly every greedy jerk and conservative-values voter shmuck who doesn't even think about true FISCAL conservatism ... but only which dickbag candidate placates their uber-american ego with praise for their country and macho talk, etc etc etc.
:(

[but i do think we were robbed by vote fraud of at least 1 to 2% ... JUST enough to put us behind Giuliani. Look they had the polls. They knew that we were just strong enough to post 4th and beat Giuliani, and that was UNACCEPTABLE ... if that meant defrauding america by 1 or 2k votes, they were more than willing to get that done to keep paul out of the news, off the piecharts, and basicaly in a "losers" category]

newbitech
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
i had a similar thought but I will say no way stop the sign waving.

my thought was more along the lines of, people are definitely waking up and starting to find out that something important is happening. This is excellent news!

The downside is that as people start waking up and getting interested, they are not be funneled to these forums or the official campaign web site. They are waking up to misinformation and overlooking the truth.

Ernest
01-09-2008, 12:31 PM
I agree that sign waving should not stop however I think you may have a point in that certain people who believe or buy into RP is a "nut", his supporters are nuts, RP blames America for everything etc may in fact be "scared" into voting.

ItsTime
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Sign waving works. But have signs saying "free signs/bumper stickers/whatever you have" It gets supports you did not know about to net work with and get them the items they need to help campaign for Paul.

Have "end the war signs" "End the IRS" signs things like that. Sign waving in combo with a door to door that day WORKS! The numbers in may area prove that.

michaelwise
01-09-2008, 12:37 PM
I'm only talking about stopping it the week before the election. By this time we have raised awareness as much as we can. We need to keep as many uninformed at home as possible.

ItsTime
01-09-2008, 12:38 PM
That is up for debate. Some think to stop the week before, others say push. We had a sign wave before and I do not think it hurt our numbers.

I'm only talking about stopping it the week before the election. By this time we have raised awareness as much as we can. We need to keep as many uninformed at home as possible.

Orgoonian
01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
I had never heard of Dr. Paul until i drove by a sign wave a few times.
Over the course of a few weeks,i noticed that the group was getting bigger,and bigger.I remember thinking to myself"Jeez,these people are like the Borg.There are more of them every week."

I became curious and finally stopped one day,and they gave me a dvd.
Long story short,my Saturdays are now spent with them.I have been assimilated by the Pauls.

michaelwise
01-09-2008, 12:46 PM
bump

newbitech
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM

I really don't think that people who would vote in a primary would consider themselves to be uninformed. If they go in and make a bad decision, they will have to deal with that on their own terms.

I agree that high turnout is killing us, but I'd rather see 10 out of 100 people get tuned in to Ron Paul then lose those 10 votes because people were unaware that something was going on.

Just my opinion. I know we want to win every state and the Repub nod, but I don't agree in cutting off our nose in spite of our face.

michaelwise
01-09-2008, 01:20 PM
I really don't think that people who would vote in a primary would consider themselves to be uninformed. If they go in and make a bad decision, they will have to deal with that on their own terms.

I agree that high turnout is killing us, but I'd rather see 10 out of 100 people get tuned in to Ron Paul then lose those 10 votes because people were unaware that something was going on.

Just my opinion. I know we want to win every state and the Repub nod, but I don't agree in cutting off our nose in spite of our face.In this past November elections, only about 10% of the voters turned out to vote. We replaced 5 of 5 council seets with new people.
The informed voters knew what they were doing.
I believe we are responsible for a large part of the massive voter turnout.
I don't believe we should be encouraging the sheeple just to show up and vote for one of the candidates they see the most on TV, on the day of the election.

Cindy
01-09-2008, 01:21 PM
i had a similar thought but I will say no way stop the sign waving.

my thought was more along the lines of, people are definitely waking up and starting to find out that something important is happening. This is excellent news!

The downside is that as people start waking up and getting interested, they are not be funneled to these forums or the official campaign web site. They are waking up to misinformation and overlooking the truth.

Ditto!

SaratogaForRonPaul
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
No, it would be hugely irresponsible to end sign waving in the unjustified and unproven thought of one person thinking it helps other candidates. It does not. I was in NH, and every candidate had sign wavings just not as much as RP. RP was in force there, and it helped show that he was a real candidate with real support, not a fringe candidate like the MSM was saying.

There was record turnouts for many reasons, everyone is fed up with the system right now, people have been canvassed for longer and in more force than ever before, more money was spent on ads than ever before, and it was almost 60 (normally 30) in NH.

It was the sign wavings (in addition to solid canvassing and phone banking) that brought his numbers to where RP can compete.

Everyone should double the eforts in sign waving ASAP, and then quadriple it in the last week before the elections!