PDA

View Full Version : The future of this forum *please read!*

Derek
01-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Regardless of how Paul does the rest of the primary, I think we should start to look beyond this election cycle and consider the future of this forum.

I've been mostly a lurker here and rarely post, but I visit here several times a day and have wasted WAY too much time on here over the past several months.
;)

Even if Paul doesn't win the primary, which appears likely, what we have here is something really special. The grassroots efforts that originated here and the dedication and determination of many of the active members here is incredible. 7,000 + of them, to be exact.

We should make an effort to keep this place as active after this election as it is now. We should make this a permament forum where likeminded citizens can continue to pursue grassroots efforts on a local, state and national level in an effort to restore liberty to our country and a return to the Constitution. Why limit this to Ron Paul himself? Paul has inspired a new group of "Ron Paul Republicans" running for office, and I believe these people are also worthy of our support. Our first goal should be making sure Dr. Paul is no longer by himself in Congress, but has other congressmen standing up with him for the Constitution.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Check out Liberty Candidates Sub-Forum. The future of the rEVOLution is to be found there.

Original_Intent
01-09-2008, 12:08 PM
I agree, even if Paul wins the nomination we need to stay organized and work on getting Congressional and Senate seats filled.

We need to continue to build this and encourage each other with any victories.

Every state should choose a congressional district that we can win and focus there efforts on getting at least one representative from each state that is a Ron Paul Republican.

Imagine the effect of even 50 "Dr. No"s!

Young_Apprentice
01-09-2008, 12:24 PM
THE MOVEMENT LIVE ON RPF.

Think about what we have accomplished in these few months. Whether RP loses or not we now have a foothold and we are now unified. The movement can only continue to grow.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Don't give up on Ron yet. He can still win third party.

NYgs23
01-09-2008, 02:22 PM
We need a Freedom Movement Forum.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM

That's where this is heading when the campaign is over.

tamor
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM
Dr. Paul has said over and over that it is not about him, it is about the message. He is passing the torch, in a way, to us. Keeping this forum, with some modifications, will be necessary to do that. Think how powerful this could be when we focus on one issue at a time-- i.e. selling off Fox stock, etc.

scbissler
01-09-2008, 02:26 PM

Definitely.

dshields
01-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Derek,

Indeed! I think this is vital and I am happy to see this has been started based on the replies of this forum..

The Presidency is just one of MANY, MANY more offices to win.

Dave

Bradley in DC
01-09-2008, 02:30 PM
hear, hear!

Jaykzo
01-09-2008, 02:31 PM
I think we could be a force to be reckoned with.

Think how how much power and influence MoveOn.org holds right now. We have much more fundraising strength than they do, and if we could recruit the right people (strategists, media insiders), we too could make a big impact on the daily news.

Obviously, our goal is much different than MoveOn.org's, I'm just using them as an example.

And since this movement will continue to grow, I could easily see a new political party of sorts quickly coming to acension within the next 2 decades.

wsc321
01-09-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm more motivated by a long-term (e.g. 4-year) vision, than working for the '08 race. Imagine what could happen if just a majority of the grassroots worked and donated consistently for the next 4-years... Perhaps we would be found gaining local influence and political positions, improving our training and organization, growing our numbers, and then hitting the ground running in 2012 starting out with more grassroots support than we have now and millions in the war chest?

What we've got, win or lose the '08 race, is a leader in Dr. Paul that can help guide us. That's invaluable. Perhaps ultimate victory will be in seeing Dr. Paul function as Goldwater did to Reagan? Who knows - but if we stay committed, can keep Dr. Paul as the leader, and just work at a steady pace, I think we could accomplish something amazing.

evandi
01-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Don't give up on Ron yet. He can still win third party.

SHUT UP! He can still win the nomination. SHUT UP ABOUT 3RD PARTIES.

mediahasyou
02-25-2008, 05:27 PM
I agree Jaykzo. We could be a huge influence in the media, like a moveon.org or politico.com. But us Liberty fighters need to stay organized. And that is exactly what Libertyforest.com is doing, from the same creators who created ronpaulforums.com. Our power is in a collective group(ironicly).

This whole campaign wasn't about the presidency. It was about making the message aware to others. Restoring the Republic. Surely, If Ron Paul would have not ran, I would have been another victim of the mainstream media influence. You guys have done great stuff here. Thank you all. Thank you Ron Paul Campaign.