PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: The Most Pro-Life Member of Congress (Read if you're pro-life).

american2
01-09-2008, 11:46 AM
This needs to be emphasized to win the Republican Nomination. Huckabee is stealing all the pro-life votes. I'm pro-life in every circumstance: no exceptions, but I agree with Ron Paul's stance that criminal law is left to the states.

I think it can be argued that Ron Paul is the most pro-life member of congress. He authored HR 1094, which, if it had passed, would have given instance protection to all unborn babies. HR 1094 defined life as beginning at conception, so that all unborn children would receive the full protection of the law.

He has also worked tirelessly for the overturn of Roe vs. Wade to allow states to ban abortion. He has always been well respected among pro-life leaders.

We must emphasize his pro-life credentials in this race. I think many Christian conservatives think of Ron Paul only in terms of his position on legalizing marijuana, or they may have seen all these news reports about Ron Paul's support among strippers and prostitutes.

Ron Paul has received a lot of support among the libertarian/independent minded Republican and that's great, but we need to get Ron Paul's pro-life message out there to win more conservative Republican votes.

(A related Idea: We should have bumper stickers that read "Pro-Life Voter for Ron Paul" or "Conservative Republican for Ron Paul")

american2
01-09-2008, 02:53 PM
No comments?