PDA

View Full Version : rEVOLution From Sea to Shining Sea

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-22-2007, 12:12 AM
I just got home from my debate society's annual dinner, and of our small gathering, one member told me he has to send me a picture of a Ron Paul rEVOLution banner he sees every day on his trip into the Cities. Another member and his wife told me that on their family vacation to Massachussetts they kept seeing Ron Paul rEVOLution banners here and there on overpasses along the highway.

NO OTHER CANDIDATE has anything like this going on.

Our debate society's dinner is a cozy affair with a toasting session afterwards. These are all politically aware folks, Republicans, mostly lawyers or other highly educated professionals. Although several persisted that Ron Paul could not win, half said if given the choice of Hillary Clinton or Giuliani, they would not vote for either evil, not seeing Giuliani as lessor. These are canary-in-the-coal-mine Republicans! The chief instigator against Ron Paul was the state email campaign director for GW Bush in '04, still a good friend, and he promised to watch any YouTube propoganda I would send his way. Since he's a small tech business owner, I sent him the Google interview.

You self-employed techies, preferably software developers, what's your favorite RP vid? If I can swing this friend, we can swing the entire party.

(3 glasses of pinot noir in me -- sheesh! But the best high is this Ron Paul campaign. RP really didn't know what he was in for when he masterminded this outrageous "Constitution" scheme!) :D

JoshLowry
07-22-2007, 12:16 AM
Good to hear, did you send the Candidates@Google Interview or the Citizentube Interview?

The 65 minute C@G video rocks even though it is an hour long. It's probably one of my favorite videos to date.

ronpaulhawaii
07-22-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow,

Good to hear,

Thanks,

m

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-22-2007, 12:49 AM
I sent C@G. Personally, I loved the MountainView rally. If he responds favorably to this, I may send that one.

This is all one-on-one viral, as we're all doing. But these guys -- this guy in particular -- would be, hmmm, a typhoid Mary? LOL!

orenbus
07-22-2007, 12:57 AM
i'd send him these (during the google
interview they hinted at playing the colbert clip,
techies like colbert and stewart, i'd also send him
the memphis video for motivational. techie or non
the mephis video is very cool. shows the passion
driving this campaign);

colbert:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ErBROBgERs

stewart:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHX39nNlKdA

memphis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFSCXIffv1s

SeanEdwards
07-22-2007, 12:58 AM
One of my uncles in Seattle sent me an email saying he saw about 12 people holding Ron Paul signs along I-5.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-22-2007, 01:33 AM
I sent C@G. Personally, I loved the MountainView rally. If he responds favorably to this, I may send that one.

This is all one-on-one viral, as we're all doing. But these guys -- this guy in particular -- would be, hmmm, a typhoid Mary? LOL!

heh will he be Dr. Paul's "email campaign director" maybe? lol

waverunner
07-22-2007, 01:36 AM
I am helping organize the Seattle meetup (we have done this for 2 weeks) and there is going to be a STANDING MEETING every Thursday to stand on overpasses and POST HUGE BANNERS during rush hour 5-7 PST. Our goal is to cover as many overpasses as possible with HUGE Ron Paul banners.

Our goal is to get the ENTIRE I-5 freeway from CANADA to MEXICO to do this on Thursdays from 5-7 PST. We are organizing it in Seattle and we have the support of those in Vancouver, WA. We are going to be working with the California meetup people to get this done. This will be a great news story when we get it done.

Waverunner

PS Look for BIGGER BANNERS week. Making those on Tuesday.

DXDoug
07-22-2007, 01:38 AM
Good to hear . For a second i thought we werent getting around that much
:p guess i was wrong

waverunner
07-22-2007, 01:42 AM
There is going to be a lot more news out of Seattle. Worked all day on it. We have a large meetup and are mobilizing to get this thing cranking.

Anyone from California that sees this message and wants to take part in the Thursday banner waving on I-5, please e-mail the seattle meetup organizer at ronpaulseattle2008@gmail.com. We want everyone involved ASAP.

Waverunner

Santana28
07-22-2007, 02:08 AM
I'm glad Seattle is on the ball with this one. Its a shame... seems like everyone has already decided Chicago is a foregone Obama conclusion. As far as anti-establishment, liberal-leaning metropolitan areas go... i think we needs some inspiration from you guys :) Good work!

freelance
07-22-2007, 03:04 AM
A little off-topic, but someone has got to do something with that Republican creed from Spartanburg. That is the first time I've heard of it, and it will/should shame a lot of Republicans. There must be some way to juxtapose the creed against current events/failures of the current administration and the positions of the other Republican candidates.

Remember how strong the short debate clip was with everyone else screaming torture, torture, torture. This could be just as hard hitting.

I couldn't believe my eyes when I read that creed. It was like something out of a time capsule, and it illustrated just how far we've strayed. That should get some of the Republican diehards to think instead of react like a trained seal.