smartguy911
01-09-2008, 11:36 AM
the poll is up now. :-)

pcosmar
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I have a Masters in survival.

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 11:41 AM
I want all 8,068 active members to vote in this poll :-)

AlexMerced
01-09-2008, 11:50 AM
Bachelor of Arts

pacelli
01-09-2008, 11:51 AM
Doctorate in clinical psychology.

derdy
01-09-2008, 11:52 AM
Didn't graduate from HS (Good Enough Degree), but I have an AS in Computer Networking

amy31416
I'm all educated and shit, but I find that there's often no connection in education levels with wisdom or intelligence.

EvilNight
I have a couple of associates (comp repair, comp science, literature, psych, all done in 3 years) and almost a bachelor's (in networking and system security) which I'm trying to figure out if I want to bother to finish. I gave up on the ridiculous college system when I found out I could teach myself how to do damn near anything with three days of time and internet access. I could probably pass every computer-related technology certification test cold. I also find employers don't care so much about credentials these days - they want references and experience again. I have enough of those to walk into any six figure IT job tomorrow morning and have them wondering how they lived without me in a month's time.

The cost of education is ridiculous. $4000 per credit hour at a good IT college, for classes I could test out of with a few days of studying. It's such a depressing racket. I don't even think any actual learning or research happens anymore until Masters-PhD level. /sigh

I should go back and get a Math degree and dabble in engineering... I've had several people in math tell me that since everything else is so easy for me I need to hit a rigorous discipline and find out what I am actually made of. :p

amy31416
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Doctorate in clinical psychology.

Can I call upon you if we have another New Hampshire and I start melting down?

mudburn
01-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Ph.D. in Sociology of Education

LibertiORDeth
01-09-2008, 11:55 AM
This isn't fair, I'm only 15.

Bryan
01-09-2008, 11:56 AM
This isn't fair, I'm only 15.

I added two new options. :)

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 12:00 PM
I added two new options. :)

amy31416
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
I have a couple of associates (comp repair, comp science, literature, psych, all done in 3 years) and almost a bachelor's (in networking and system security) which I'm trying to figure out if I want to bother to finish. I gave up on the ridiculous college system when I found out I could teach myself how to do damn near anything with three days of time and internet access. I could probably pass every computer-related technology certification test cold. I also find employers don't care so much about credentials these days - they want references and experience again. I have enough of those to walk into any six figure IT job tomorrow morning and have them wondering how they lived without me in a month's time.

The cost of education is ridiculous. $4000 per credit hour at a good IT college, for classes I could test out of with a few days of studying. It's such a depressing racket. I don't even think any actual learning or research happens anymore until Masters-PhD level. /sigh

I should go back and get a Math degree and dabble in engineering... I've had several people in math tell me that since everything else is so easy for me I need to hit a rigorous discipline and find out what I am actually made of. :p

EvilNight you are spot on. And a consummate autodidact.

I had to leave college because of a giant lack of money and I was mortified because I thought I'd be working in a bookstore for the rest of my life, shut out of ever doing real research because I didn't have the education. So I taught myself how to do everything and became very good at educating myself on almost anything.

By the time I got back to college, it was so easy because I'd already taught myself almost everything I needed to know to get a degree in chemistry and things I didn't know were now easy because I knew how to teach myself. The only truly challenging courses I had in college were chemical engineering and physical chemistry. Both courses were a great mix of various disciplines like physics, calculus, various types of math and chemistry. Good stuff.

Why you do need to pursue the degree: It does open up doors, and an education exposes you to amazing things you might not have otherwise been exposed to. It's worth the challenge.

derdy
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Hey, don't forget GED graduates!! lol

Ogren
01-09-2008, 12:07 PM
We need an option for the middle and elementary school supporters and yeah the drop outs too.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
01-09-2008, 12:15 PM
How do I vote? I have a HS degree, attended college as a economics major for 3 years, switched majors to History for another 2 years, but due to some business oportunities (successful :)) never got my degree. so, in short, HS degree, 5 years of college, but no BA...

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 03:10 PM
bump

smartguy911
01-10-2008, 03:53 AM
bump

GunnyFreedom
01-10-2008, 04:49 AM
Well, I checked "Associates" although that's not really accurate. Maybe "Some College" would have been a better choice had it been available. I am a former Marine enlisted Intelligence analyst, with a boatload of professional military education, a years worth of online secular university coursework, and three years at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary before I ran flat on money and could no longer go. Though -- I am very self educated! ;-)

austin356
01-10-2008, 05:06 AM
I while still working on a management degree have a masters in love making

Abobo
01-10-2008, 05:17 AM
Schooling != Education

Schooling is were the government teaches people to be mindless sheep, listen to those in power, conform and respect those in power. Then when you get to "higher education" they turn you into a mindless employee.

I was homeschooled through high school. I tried a few college classes but was sickened at the complete lack of learning. In our schooling system they waste so much time with tests to prove that you did the work. Screw that, I will use my time LEARNING something not proving that I'm learning to someone else. My desire is knowledge not jumping through hoops and kissing teacher's asses.

TaiwanGuy
01-10-2008, 05:20 AM
BS in Mathematics from National ChungHsing University in Taiwan.

Mike S.
01-10-2008, 05:21 AM
Masters of Science in Applied Mathematics and Statistics
Bachelor Science in Paper Science and Engineering

american empire
01-10-2008, 05:49 AM
same degree as Ron Paul!!!!

Airborn
01-10-2008, 05:50 AM
How do you want everyone on the forum to vote, When you don't have drop-outs or GED? I dropped out of HS and got my GED.

Birdlady
01-10-2008, 06:33 AM
I went to college for 3 semesters before I realized it was full of crap. If I went back now, I wouldn't make it through a full day.

Nowadays, college is considered a destination, rather than a path. Some people really think having that paper means something. Then they try to get a job and end up working at walmart. At least that's how it is where I live. There are no jobs here at all unless you want to wait on tables or be a nurse to all the old people.

kushaze
01-10-2008, 06:40 AM
Bachelors in Finance and Economics. Masters in Economics.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-10-2008, 07:45 AM
I'm all educated and shit, but I find that there's often no connection in education levels with wisdom or intelligence.

exactly. I left college after 3 years because I was with idiots. Like most idiots they were taking lots of my money. Maybe one day I'll have enough money to go to a college that doesn't suck.

Not naming names, but it was a state run university in Texas.

ForLiberty-RonPaul
01-10-2008, 07:49 AM
I while still working on a management degree have a masters in love making

Don't scratch that degree. It'll spread.

bp2519
01-10-2008, 08:56 AM
bachelor mech. engineering

mdmarino
01-10-2008, 09:03 AM
PhD in biomedical science. Area of focus was neuroscience.

WilliamC
01-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Ph.D. in Genetics and still back in school trying to get more mathematics/computer programing courses.

I'd like to eventually teach math at the community college level.

USCLaw2010
01-10-2008, 09:12 AM
Currently in law school. We study the Constitution and stuff.

evandi
01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
The idea of higher education is terrible now.

It draws one away from what one really thinks is important, and forces one to fit into a mold that isn't necessary.

Colleges are obsolete, but are basically forcing people to buy their "services".

If you can read, you can learn from books online.

If you can't read, you will be just fine when and if everything finally gets into audio format.

Information was once stored at colleges, now it is hidden at colleges. If all the information is freely available online, no college ever needs to exist.

Most people may not realize this, but if you listen to your professor then read your assigned book you'll find out something shocking... the professors do almost nothing but read the books in their lectures. Some old professors have some other things they recycle year after year, but its nothing compared to what one would get from all the best textbooks.

Or perhaps if one or two of the best teachers in every field were to be payed to give lectures cheaply as a private service the cost could be so cheap and the quality could be so high since there would be so many people using the service at miniscule additional cost.

Why is no one else talking about this thing that could make everybody smarter, better educated, and save money with infrastracture currently in place (the internet)? Because there are a lot of people with worthless jobs atm: Teachers.

They are all worthless, completely worthless. Colleges are completely worthless. Public schools are completely worthless other than as daycare. But Colleges are making tons of money they don't deserve. And they charge for shitty services like the greediest of sick bastards.

anarchy
01-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I just curious about the education level of Dr. Paul's supporters

Smartguy, I'm a highschool dropout with an iq of 140, and I make a couple million a year.
Schooling is not a reference for intelligence. I was too smart to be educated in bullshit.

daniroyer
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
A couple credits shy of an AA in education with a minor in television production.

shasshas
01-10-2008, 10:08 AM
kindergarden!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no really im a Phd

LibertyLu
01-10-2008, 10:30 AM
BS Electrical Engineering

tekmo
01-10-2008, 10:31 AM
BA in Film and Animation, Minored in Economics

rodent
01-10-2008, 10:34 AM
BS in Electrical Engineering
MA in Statistics

I was self-taught for a lot of things, but I don't think college is a waste of time if you go anywhere worthwhile. The hardcore theoretical stuff is tough to grasp unless you have a good prof busting your balls where the average on an exam is like 35%. I've seen students from low-tier schools and I am not impressed. While there is some grade inflation at the Ivy Leagues, overall I find Ivy League students to generally be more competent. I respect good state schools for specific disciplines too.

I'm not a fan of community colleges or small liberal arts schools that are only recognized locally. They come across as a waste of money to me.

mikeInAZ
01-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Are we supposed to take the poll, or say something cool about ourselves?

amy31416
01-10-2008, 10:58 AM
exactly. I left college after 3 years because I was with idiots. Like most idiots they were taking lots of my money. Maybe one day I'll have enough money to go to a college that doesn't suck.

Not naming names, but it was a state run university in Texas.

Yeah, Universities often don't have good quality levels. Great in football, but not so good in sciences, engineering and I could go on. My undergrad degree in Chemistry is from a small university where I was able to do research on PhD level biochemistry--I got to actually do directed evolution. So then when I went on to a big-name grad school, I was far more prepared than almost anyone else.

My only advice for you ForLiberty, is to take the time you have away from education and educate yourself, as you're probably already doing. Have some discipline in it and devote yourself to it daily. It's never a waste to teach yourself how to write, how to interpret statistics, learning another language, and don't let math get too far away from you either. When you do go back, it'll be so much easier for you and far more rewarding.

Best of luck to you.

amy31416
01-10-2008, 10:59 AM
Are we supposed to take the poll, or say something cool about ourselves?

Looks like both. So what's cool about you, Mike?

DowntownGator
01-10-2008, 11:01 AM
JD May 2000, University of Florida College of Law

ksu_s13
01-10-2008, 11:03 AM
I have a BA in Political Science.

integrity
01-10-2008, 11:07 AM
fascist community indoctrination propaganda program or Public school

ValidusCustodiae
01-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Proud dropout!

Ibtz
01-10-2008, 11:09 AM
Master's Degree

S3eker
01-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I'm mayself am a college graduate but I did notice that the poll is biased. You need to mention those who are supporters who didn't go to school.

mconder
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Only high school here. That hasn't kept me from being highly successful. I have a great lifestyle, live in an upper middle class area, and have plenty of money. Except for a doctorate degree in a few select areas, I'd be hard pressed to go back to school and make $$ any more than I do now.

McDermit
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
You forgot high school dropout.

I'm a HS dropout turned Ivy league grad. lolz.

Matt Collins
01-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Audio engineer with a minor in marketing.

jumpyg1258
01-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Proud to have droped out of college and went into the Air Force instead. If your measuring how bright someone is, this is not the way to do it. A great deal of people with PhD's I have met are some of the dumbest people on this planet.

ddoggphx
01-10-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a B.S. in Communications and an MBA from Arizona State University.

tgannaway89
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
I lernd in tha texas publik skool sistem. Know I am n tha texas unevercity.

pacelli
01-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Can I call upon you if we have another New Hampshire and I start melting down?

:) :D :D :D

jumpyg1258
01-10-2008, 11:41 AM
Interesting stats so far.

58.3% of people responding to this poll have a bachelors or higher college degree.
If you include people with Associate's, you get 68.3%.
Seems most people who support Ron are educated or in the process of getting a degree. (85.8%)

ocattorney1
01-10-2008, 11:42 AM
BA Economics, JD, LLM in Taxation

tgannaway89
01-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Interesting stats so far.

58.3% of people responding to this poll have a bachelors or higher college degree.
If you include people with Associate's, you get 68.3%.
Seems most people who support Ron are educated or in the process of getting a degree. (85.8%)

Or they lie on an online public poll to people that will never really know if they even went to college ;)

Deborah K
01-10-2008, 11:48 AM
Bachelor's degree in behavioral science with a minor in addictive disorders.

fairverona
01-10-2008, 11:50 AM
BA in Philosophy
Minor in Religious Studies

jumpyg1258
01-10-2008, 11:51 AM
Or they lie on an online public poll to people that will never really know if they even went to college ;)

True there is always a margin of error, but there's no real reason why anyone would just lie to lie on this poll. They would not benefit in any way from this.

VRP08
01-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Dental Hygienist...Masters degree

crink
01-21-2008, 04:59 PM
I'm in High School

phree
01-21-2008, 05:02 PM
I lernt enuf in skool to no that threds like this donut help git Dr Paul ellectid.

priest_of_syrinx
01-21-2008, 06:43 PM
I'm a freshman in high school.

JeffSchulman
01-21-2008, 06:52 PM
B.A. in Business Administration (concentration in Computer Information Systems)
M.S. in International Relations (concentration in National Security Policy)

Peregrin
02-15-2008, 03:51 PM
High school grad here; went to college for 3 semesters but didn't graduate.

driller
02-15-2008, 04:00 PM
BS: industrial Management
MDIV: Master of Divinity
D.D.S.: Dentist

10 years of military experience. 10 years of private practice dentistry. Self made multi millionare.