PDA

View Full Version : would Carol Paul be a good spokewomen to get women votes??

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:17 AM
We need women votes badly!! Do not underestimate the power of women votes. They come in flock! They vote according to groupies tendencies. We need a strategy to win these women. Carol Paul should start speaking for us? She can also teach them how to make them liberty cookies and these housewives will love her to death. :p

MrKoffee
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
Why not, from what I've heard Carol Paul is a pretty smart and charming woman. People treat elections like a popularity contest and Dr. Paul is a loyal husband married for over 50 years who treats his wife with respect. That'll win some voters.

constituent
01-09-2008, 11:20 AM
abso-freakin-lutely!

luaPnoR
01-09-2008, 11:21 AM
I agree she needs to speak up. I am a housewife and mother of 3. I Love Ron Paul and his ideas. I too don't understand why women are not voting for him. Is it because he's not a hot, young black guy?

NoxTwilight
01-09-2008, 11:23 AM
I think her and their daughters and daughters-in-law would be great to see a bit more. I also think his sons should be more involved than they are .. at least more in the spotlight, especially if they may carry on what Ron has started.

Bradley in DC
01-09-2008, 11:24 AM
yes!

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:24 AM
YES!! Carol Paul! Carol Paul! We need you!!!!

We have to realise that there are many people in this country that does not vote according to the issues the candidate stands for. They vote because they listen to their friends. They are a powerful voting machines!

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I think her and their daughters and daughters-in-law would be great to see a bit more. I also think his sons should be more involved than they are .. at least more in the spotlight, especially if they may carry on what Ron has started.

Yes! Great point! Get the daughters and daughters-in-law too! We need spokewomen for Ron Paul. Else we will keep losing and losing.

jake
01-09-2008, 11:27 AM
she needs to do a speaking tour! CAR-OL CAR-OL CAR-OL!

amy31416
01-09-2008, 11:27 AM
I agree she needs to speak up. I am a housewife and mother of 3. I Love Ron Paul and his ideas. I too don't understand why women are not voting for him. Is it because he's not a hot, young black guy?

God, cut that out, I'm a pretty visual thinker and have no need to have an image of Paul with a hot, young black guy eeeeeeek!

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:39 AM
Ron should do an ad portraying himself as a loving husband, with his wife by his side giving her testimony. Ron is selling himself short to the women. The women voters would love him if they know the loving side of Ron.

MJfromCT
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
Great call, get the cameras rolling

scandinaviany3
01-09-2008, 11:47 AM
absolutely...look at the christmas tv ad...

She should be talking all through SC in parallel to Ron at womens groups.

Would love to see issues on Seniors, family, faith, protection against criminal illegals and terrorists...

She would do a home run...

Also very good idea to have the daughters and grand daughters do the same.

The human factor is so...important in rural especially.

Lot of territory ...they can do it...

quantized
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
Look at http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/voting/cps2004.html

we are losing on the largest voters bloc... older women with less than a bachelor degree...

we need a stratgy. Simple message and an appealing spokeswomen.

LibertyEagle
01-09-2008, 12:34 PM
absolutely...look at the christmas tv ad...

She should be talking all through SC in parallel to Ron at womens groups.

Would love to see issues on Seniors, family, faith, protection against criminal illegals and terrorists...

She would do a home run...

Also very good idea to have the daughters and grand daughters do the same.

The human factor is so...important in rural especially.

Lot of territory ...they can do it...

YES, YES, YES!!!

nullvalu
01-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, more Carol... Get her next to him on CNN interviews.. Could help.

szczebrzeszyn
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
MORE Carol, MORE women! It will only do good.

Quick
01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Carol Paul reminds me of my Mom. Just a nice older lady who has good recipes.

jake
she could be holding (fund raising?) speeches in all the early primaries states.. it would be amazing!

jake
Carol Paul reminds me of my Mom. Just a nice older lady who has good recipes.

she has the recipe for freedom

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 12:43 PM
yup carol needs to give more speeches

RPDelegate
01-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Have you all seen his wife? I think that maybe wouldn't go over too well, which is probably why you don't see much of her. But perhaps his daughters could make for a decent presentation.

Cindy
01-09-2008, 01:19 PM
yes!!!!

Chase
01-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Have you all seen his wife? I think that maybe wouldn't go over too well, which is probably why you don't see much of her. But perhaps his daughters could make for a decent presentation.

:eek: a little rude? :confused:

I've never seen her in person but from what I have seen online and from what I have heard from others, she'd make a great spokeswoman for the cause.

Cindy
01-09-2008, 01:40 PM

We are talking about attracting FEMALE voters not shallow male voters.

Fred Thomspsons wife looks like a goldigging Bitch and turns women voters off to him.

Carol looks like a strong and nurturing family woman, very down to earth, and will draw in more females to Pauls campaign. She will help to make woman feel comfortable supporting Paul because they will LOVE the idea of a humble, and not magazine quality to live up to image type, First Lady.

derdy
01-09-2008, 01:44 PM
Great idea! Maybe we can have http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/ produce and then we money bomb the hell out of it. Play it in the Super Tuesday states. :D

LynnB
01-09-2008, 01:53 PM
There are a lot of websites out there for alternative health, homeschooling, gardening, home repair/makeovers etc. that are frequented by women, why don't I ever see any GoogleAds for Ron Paul? Do they have any Adsense terms that come up for him? Just a random search for homeschooling forums came up with MAJOR concerns that moms have with government intrusion into this area.

dave_mack33
01-09-2008, 04:41 PM
great idea. i support ron paul

i also support carol paul :D

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 04:46 PM

what the hell....show some respect to First Lady of United States

quantized
01-09-2008, 08:46 PM
night bump

nc4rp
01-09-2008, 09:07 PM
yea. make a commercial about why shes voting for Ron Paul. thats the ticket. a commercial.

Ron LOL
01-09-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm actually very surprised we haven't seen her on the campaign trail for Dr. Paul. She's America's grandmother :D

GregVernon
01-09-2008, 09:29 PM

Sadly thats why my mom doesn't want to vote for him. She likes his ideas, especially concerning the income tax, but she likes how Obama is 'so cute'. :/

daniroyer
01-09-2008, 09:56 PM
If it's any consolation, when I was attempting to pimp Dr. Paul at my GYN visit (c'mon, instant selling point!), one older nurse kept going on about how cute he was and how she only got into nursing to marry a cute doctor. Then she starting asking how solid his marriage was. :)

On Topic: I think a few speeches from Carol would do wonders. She's very relateable. As someone said, she's America's grandma.

MGreen
01-09-2008, 10:27 PM
If she's comfortable with it, I think it would definitely help if she campaigned for him a little bit.

The problem, of course, is getting people who aren't aware of RP in the first place to care. Getting people to know about and get interested in Paul is a challenge already; getting them to listen to his wife would be even harder. Mrs. Paul won't get the kind of media treatment that Mrs. Obama or Mrs. Edwards get.

Jeremy
01-09-2008, 10:29 PM
your post was rather sexist <.<

crink
01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Mrs.Paul seems like a very nice and intelligent lady, and that's exactly why I'm against this. It's bad enough that President Paul has to deal with all these rude reporters and neo-cons, I don't think Mrs.Paul should have to deal with the crap, and I think that President Paul would agree with me.

cheese
01-09-2008, 10:42 PM
how about Joy Paul (http://www.obgynassociates.com/leblanc.html) ?

http://www.obgynassociates.com/images/leblanc.jpg

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:07 PM
how about Joy Paul (http://www.obgynassociates.com/leblanc.html) ?

http://www.obgynassociates.com/images/leblanc.jpg

Ron Paul's daughter?

quantized
01-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Joy Paul Joy Paul Joy Paul :)

freestyl24
01-09-2008, 11:50 PM
<>

quantized
01-10-2008, 12:23 AM
I think having any of Dr Pauls female family members speak about him would do wonders, Promote his large family, fatherly aspects, 50 year marriage, and Strong family values and dedication. I think that would do very well with other females/mothers. The only problem is dealing with the media is not easy and I'm sure they have very little if any experience dealing with the media. They will chew you up and spit you out if they sense fear...Maybe get one of them some public speaking training.

I think people will understand that they are just spokeswomen for Ron and not Ron himself, so probably more forgiveable if they cannot answer everything as perfect as Ron. Anyway, their target audience should be more towards the older women demographics. thats where Ron polls badly among the republicans.

SlapItHigh
01-10-2008, 12:35 AM
yes!

Ditto that. Some of us have been saying this for a while. Carol Paul is so wonderful. I emailed her many months ago and she wrote me back and her words really touched me as a mother. She would be so fabulous as a spokesperson. Carol, we need you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lord Xar
01-10-2008, 12:38 AM
I feel this is a GREAT IDEA, BUT like most good ideas it will not be implemented.

CAROL, YES YES YES YES YES......

But we also thought that wonderuflly talented woman of color who spoke so eloquently would be a great spokesperson... but alas..... they make ads for "I tell, he's catchin on..."

derdy
01-10-2008, 12:43 AM
Too bad the media wouldn't broadcast a speech about family values the way that they broadcated Romney's speech on religion all over the country. :rolleyes:

dougkeenan
01-10-2008, 10:46 AM
Big vote YES. Sooner or later if he's serious she'll have to anyway.

luaPnoR
01-10-2008, 08:43 PM
I did get a prerecorded phone call from Mrs. Paul a few weeks ago talking about "her husband, congressman Ron Paul". It was very nice. So she's at least doing that! But I do agree a TV ad could do wonders.

ecliptic
01-10-2008, 09:20 PM
If it's any consolation, when I was attempting to pimp Dr. Paul at my GYN visit (c'mon, instant selling point!), one older nurse kept going on about how cute he was and how she only got into nursing to marry a cute doctor. Then she starting asking how solid his marriage was. :).

I respectfully ask everyone to not use the "pimps and hos" slang ever again anywhere. Part of re-taking this country is re-taking our language. The use of these types of words degrades women, degrades you, and helps the MainSleaze Media in their efforts to stupify and sleazify our children.

> gets off soapbox and resumes campaigning <

quantized
01-13-2008, 12:47 AM
I did get a prerecorded phone call from Mrs. Paul a few weeks ago talking about "her husband, congressman Ron Paul". It was very nice. So she's at least doing that! But I do agree a TV ad could do wonders.

TV ad will be awesome

bcreps85
01-13-2008, 12:50 AM
I agree, she could be a huge asset.

austin356
01-13-2008, 12:51 AM
There are countless "Republican Women's Clubs" around the nation. Utilize their willingness to allow speakers for candidates Carol!!

Shink
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM
How to make this more than just a good idea?

ShowMeLiberty
01-13-2008, 01:00 AM
There are countless "Republican Women's Clubs" around the nation. Utilize their willingness to allow speakers for candidates Carol!!

You beat me to it! I was just about to say that a tv ad is fine, but personal appearances at small to medium-sized public gatherings would be wonderful.

Yes! Carol Paul!

quantized
01-13-2008, 01:12 AM
How to make this more than just a good idea?

good question...