PDA

View Full Version : I think Paul needs to invoke Howard Beale

PAULinSC
01-09-2008, 11:05 AM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dib2-HBsF08

Here is the problem I see with spreading the normal Dr. Paul message (smaller government, lower taxes, non-intervention, peace). Mainstream America doesnt get mad enough. Most people don't care about an issue unless it makes them mad, and it seems like a majority of Americans are content with their own life as long as nothing happens to upset their daily routine. He needs to project his message in such a way that gets the sheeple, not just his youtube viewing audience, upset at the establishment.

Most people don't care about the Federal Reserve, bases in Korea, trade agreements, or things that happened 50 years ago. You can't say in an interview "we did fine without an income tax until 1913." The answer normal people have for that is, "well things have changed since 1913."

What needs to be said is "The government has been stealing your money, stealing it! To give to bankers and big corporations! The sweat off your back went to Halliburton, Blackwater, Exxon. That's your money. Do you Americans think the governemnt should be stealing your hard earned money?? If you live paycheck to paycheck, you should be outraged!!" Every campaign seems to have their popular lines, most of them involve "change". This campaign needs to come up with something that gets people upset. Isn't that the point of it anyway? Why else are we so passionate about Dr. Paul?? It's because we are upset and that we want control of our country back.

Make the people understand that it used to be THE GOVERNMENT WORKED FOR THE PEOPLE, and not THE PEOPLE WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT!

The sheeple need to wake up before this country collapses, and the current message isn't loud enough to wake them up. So how can we wake them up? I don't know, but here's a thought....

I got inspired through watching those youtube videos (A New Hope, Stop Dreaming, Secret Crowds) because they showed me a man who saw the problems in the country, knew what caused them, and knew how to fix them. Every other candidate wants to just put ducktape on the problems and manage them, not knowing what caused the problems or how to fix them. Can the campaign buy some airtime to show versions of these videos even though they are longer? The current ads just arent inspiring at all, and probably don't make a person switch their vote from one candidate to Dr. Paul.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Where are you in SC? What do you think the majority of your fellow voters REALLY give a sh** about? What would make them take their time to vote?

Your post is a good one. We have to figure out what the voters want to "buy"

PAULinSC
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM
I live in Fort Mill, just south of Charlotte. This was a big textile area, thousands of people have lost their jobs over the last decade. The standard of living for those people and the textile towns has gone way down. Many towns that used to be vibrant are like ghost towns now, although on a smaller scale compared to michigan.

The Charlotte area as well as SC is one of the few areas in the country that hasnt seen the housing market bust yet. Neighborhoods are still popping up everywhere, low income to high income. This is not sustainable though. People are living way past their means.

So given those two factors I would say the economy is the main concern, but you have to get people to stop watching American Idol, and start realizing that things are about to change for the worse. Americans have traded freedom for security. Well guess what, we are gonna want someone with some solutions to give us economic security, and forget terrorism.

Dr. Paul needs to say in an interview or in an ad, something that opens peoples eyes to what is going on. Most people don't care or realize that we have a falling dollar. They don't even know what that means. My wife asked me the other day about taking a vacation to Europe, and she didnt realize how expensive it would be due to the falling dollar and a stronger Euro. I had to educate her and show her the graph. People need to see these concepts visually because they arent smart enough to comprehend it. She watches TV all the time, does facebook, myspace, and doesnt care about anything unless it directly affects her. The sad thing is that with an apathetic population, its gonna take a major economic collapse for them to open their eyes and wake the hell up.