PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who is promoting Ron Paul

PledgeForPaul
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Nixon used to pay long haired college students to get on the news and say "I don't think Nixon is doing a good job as president". If you are a weirdo, please help Ron Paul by wearing McCain buttons. If you want to help Ron Paul, please wear those 1776 outfits, play your flute & TomTom, but be wearing a Giuliani button while you do it!

If you disagree, then aknappjr has outlined a plan based on what he saw in New Hampshire:

1. Chase down TV personalities who have verbally attacked Ron Paul. Curse at them and insult them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p9uBLqz958

2. Grow your hair long. Longer and more unkempt the better. Republicans listen to you better. Along the same lines, grow the wildest most unkempt beard you can. Visible tattoos also help sell Republicans and undecided indepdendents in New Hampshire. Social conservatives just love those tattoos.

3. You don't need to put a suit on to GOP events - just look like you just put on whatever was laying on your floor and come to that GOP business-attire or formal dinner or bruncheon. Yellowed Ron Paul Revolution t-shirts work well with jeans. It doesn' matter that all the other Republicans are wearing suits - you'll fit in and they'll listen to you anyway.

4. Yell and interrupt all TV news appearances. It especially helps if you yell out things like "the fed is evil" and "abolish the fed". 98% of people already know that the fed causes damage and want it yelled out. Its not necessary to explain yourself in more well-mannered tones and discuss the problems of inflation and printing money and overspending. Yelling "abolish the fed" to voters is enough.

5. It doesn't matter what voters want to hear. What matters is that you say what you want to. Don't use Ron Paul's phrases to promote his message - use your own! Don't use his website, RonPaul2008.com, under Issues, to learn phraseology about how to discuss issues - come up with your own more advanced, radical ones!

6. Spend your time talking to voters who are wearing "Huckabee", "McCain", "Hillary", and "Obama" buttons. Argue with as many Giuliani volunteers as you can. Those are the people you need to convert. Just because they're volunteering for another campaign doesn't mean their minds are made up. Don't bother talking to the 40% who are undecided voters...convert other candidates volunteers!

pcosmar
01-09-2008, 11:29 AM
With all due respect, you don't live here.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2064/2095499249_f6fba9f62e.jpg

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1183/701275674_52b10b5f87.jpg

Yoopers don't often wear suits.

banquo
01-09-2008, 12:36 PM
Wonderfully juxstaposed posts.

I wish people could see how hard I'm laughing right now.

mmink15
01-09-2008, 12:41 PM
hilarious

Rob
01-09-2008, 02:09 PM
Nixon used to pay long haired college students to get on the news and say "I don't think Nixon is doing a good job as president". If you are a weirdo, please help Ron Paul by wearing McCain buttons. If you want to help Ron Paul, please wear those 1776 outfits, play your flute & TomTom, but be wearing a Giuliani button while you do it!

If you disagree, then aknappjr has outlined a plan based on what he saw in New Hampshire:

I'll 2nd and this and qualify it with one major point: know your audience! Be very aware of who you're talking to and what their concerns are. If you don't know, just ask! Trust me that works.

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
Ron Paul's supporters are regular people. so when we show up to events we choose to attend, i tend to wear something that's normal to me. what's normal to me might not be normal to you. I don't think it's bad that people wear what they want. I also don't think it's bad if people voice their opinoins. I do not think that screaming obscenities or threats or words of hate are the best ways to have your voice heard or convince the MSM to listen to us; however, if people believe in the movement, and are out there doing their best to spread the message, i'm not going to tell them it's bad, I'll just stand across the street and spread the message of freedom in a way i'm confortable with.

I am not convinced that Satirical pieces like the one posted here do any good at all for this movement. If we are trying to energize each other and uplift one another then i don't see how negative criticism encourages that goal.

Lets stick to the plan of spreading the message of freedom to all who want to accept it even if it's spread through ways that some of us could do without.

Angry people shout and say angry things and some ron paul supporters are angry... what do we expect?

PledgeForPaul
01-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Angry people shout and say angry things and some ron paul supporters are angry... what do we expect?

We expect them to stay home so ron paul will not lose votes.

Yooper Jo
01-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Pete, your pic brings up another talking point...
For anyone near small farming communities (or what USED to be farming communities), don't forget to bring up the NAIS when telling people about Dr. Paul. EVERY small Christian farmer I know is quitting/has already quit farming just because of Michigan's microchipping law. I have a Huckabee convert just by telling her Dr. Paul is against NAIS. T
here are people in Michigan who's names were turned in to the USDA by our wonderful state with no notification, and 6 year old data, as "farmers" who had one or two cows for personal use only. You should see the intrusive (and threatening under penalty of law if they don't fill them out) "surveys" they are getting from the USDA.
If you do any canvassing and see a couple of goats, sheep, cows, or horses, bring up the National Animal Identification System. It doesn't work well with some of the big farmers, but the homesteader types have absolutely no use for it.

Oh, and Pete...my hubby has your tractor and wants to know what year yours is! LOL

pcosmar
01-09-2008, 03:55 PM
The tractor came with the farm, mid 60s vintage. Still working.http://jamadots.com/~pcosmar/photos/photogallery/83_snowblower.jpeg
This is a very rural area. Low population over many miles.
Walking door to door is not an option.
When I talk to folks, I look like a farmer. Right now I have my winter face (full beard) that is normal here.
Lots of folks like Ron Paul's message, we have to combat the "he can't win" mindset.
I just hope people actually get out and vote.

Paul4Prez
01-09-2008, 10:49 PM
What did John Adams say, in the musical version of 1776?

This is a revolution, damn it, we're going to have to offend somebody!

XNavyNuke
01-14-2008, 11:01 AM
If you do any canvassing and see a couple of goats, sheep, cows, or horses, bring up the National Animal Identification System. It doesn't work well with some of the big farmers, but the homesteader types have absolutely no use for it.

The LA Times picked up on the NAIS rebellion in a story over the weekend.

Farmers fear a barnyard Big Brother (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-animals14jan14,1,3449562.story?coll=la-headlines-nation)

A Bush administration initiative, the National Animal Identification System is meant to provide a modern tool for tracking disease outbreaks within 48 hours, whether natural or the work of a bioterrorist. Most farm animals, even exotic ones such as llamas, will eventually be registered. Information will be kept on every farm, ranch or stable. And databases will record every animal movement from birth to slaughterhouse, including trips to the vet and county fairs.

But the system is spawning a grass-roots revolt.

Family farmers see it as an assault on their way of life by a federal bureaucracy with close ties to industrial agriculture. They point out that they will have to track every animal while vast commercial operations will be allowed to track whole herds.

XNN

Alex Libman
01-14-2008, 11:07 AM
Pedophiles for Romney!