PDA

View Full Version : Are you still going to donate to the campaign?

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 10:32 AM
Just a poll to see, I think we should, we have not come this far to give up before super tuesday.

I know HQ is incompetent, but we should of done a better job of bitching months ago, not now...

The best we can do is give them the money for them to win some states in super tuesday...

if you are going to donate to just grassroots events do it to this and the blimp: http://www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com/

Shink
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
Yes----we can't stop the campaign of Ron Paul like that. The idea of just tanking his campaign is sickening.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Yes----we can't stop the campaign of Ron Paul like that. The idea of just tanking his campaign is sickening.

agree...

c0unterph0bia
01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
Even if Ron Paul doesn't get elected, we are waking up millions of sheep. I'm in this till long after the end.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Even if Ron Paul doesn't get elected, we are waking up millions of sheep. I'm in this till long after the end.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
bump

derdy
01-09-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm maxing out on the next couple money bombs, but its really a shame we can't get www.operationbroadcastfreedom.com much money.

I encourage everyone who has maxed out to donate there!

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
My wife is hugely mad at me for the ~800 I've already spent on what she calls "Ron Paul crap" and it is getting increasingly more difficult for me to justify spending money on this.
My top priority is I've got campaign material to buy for my precinct. Until I get some information about my precinct I don't know how much this will cost.

My next priority is to do a bumper sticker blitz with my meeetup group here in Mississippi where Ron Paul's name recognition is still low. This would be at least $150 for 1000 bumper stickers.

Donating to the official campaign is a distant third, but I will do so if I can.

SleepingNative
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
It's almost as if what we needed was some kind of a "stealth missile" of a project with which to pique people's interests in an area most everyone (particularly lefties) cares about - WITHOUT them realizing it was happening...

Something issue-led, issue-driven, which brought them inexorably closer to the inescapable fact that Dr. Paul was really the only logical choice of them all...

Kind of like an EDUCATIONAL REVOLUTION of some kind!

Hmmmm... I wonder what might work towards that end....

We have partnered with some of the finest film makers in the country. In fact, they were ALL first choice team members, and we even got Depeche Mode to give us their music for our two minute film - for FREE (valued at over $30,000.00 PER AIRING). Even PBS said they would air it if we got it financed and filmed first. The quality of this project and the national exposure it can reach is tremendous!

We have a formula that will educate this country as to why Dr. Paul would be even better for the environment than Al Gore (hello! - remember who won the election in '00?) WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY converting those against the abolition of the Dept of Education, those who are pro-choice, and those who are pro-gay marriage!

FOLKS - YOUR ANSWER IS RIGHT HERE!!! We are waiting for your support!!! Please visit our site and read-up! For only ten bucks you can have your name added as an Executive Producer!!!

- The ONLY project bridging Ron Paul with the Environment -
http://sleepingnatives.org

dave_mack33
01-09-2008, 10:59 AM
i just gave another $80 to the campaign store so I can have more RON PAUL stuff! :D

Whiskey_Pickle
01-09-2008, 11:02 AM
I'm done ! And I am under the impression that the "people" running" or "ruining" RP's campaign are in over their heads. It took me 6 weeks to get 2000 assorted slim -jims. And I am still waiting on my yard signs and stickers that I ordered almost 3 months ago! Get with the program or start now for a halfway decent run in four years. As most of you can see...the first two primaries mean nothing, but the media and our current government are going to control the election and there is nothing we can do about it...period!

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 11:30 AM
bump

Zack
01-09-2008, 12:06 PM
I know HQ is incompetent, but we should of done a better job of bitching months ago, not now...

I voted yes, but I completely disagree with this sentiment. Many have been complaining for a long time, in very constructive ways. Saying it's too late now is illogical. Hilary has shaken up her staff and changed gears in just the last 5 days, and already it helped her zero in on victory in NH.

If people out there feel they can better help Paul’s chances by spending the money themselves or with chip-ins, I totally understand. And they might be right.

sherpah23
01-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Get a Good Campaign manager, Start spending alot of the $ we've given so far (for not just tv ad's but also innovative marketing etc), take matching funds, and I'll max out with the next money bombs - currently at $460.50 to the campaign so far.

I give 5 bucks each year on my own accord to the matching funds $. Take it Dr Paul, dont let Guliani or Mitt take it. This is a voluntary donation by Americans. Take the $, the rules on the $ would mean us spending not more than 4X what has been spent in NH in any state. No Problem, just up the spending 3x from current levels, and with a top notch staff - should go a long way.

Personal Note: Please work on the wave. My brother was undecieded - lives in NH - I convinced him to vote for Dr Paul, and told him to watch him on Leno. He is a mild form of a sheeple. Liked what RP had to say, but was turned off by the "sissy wave". So he voted for Mccain, and almost voted for Obama (who his Girl Friend likes).

rajibo
01-09-2008, 12:47 PM
I have to see some sort of visible improvement in the coming primaries to convince me that the shit ton of money I've already given is being put to good use. Until then, I have to be far less liberal in my generousity.

shasshas
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
no way

stopped donating already

they should use the money to make ron paul president, not spend it on themselves

RPDelegate
01-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Look at all the quitters out there. I hope you are all satisfied when we loose to another President Bush type of president.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 02:14 PM
bump

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Look at all the quitters out there. I hope you are all satisfied when we loose to another President Bush type of president.

If you get on the wrong bus, are you a "quitter" for stepping off and getting on the right one?????

We need to switch to the Libertarain Party. The problem is not Ron or us, it's the fading GOP party.

jab2ur
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
HQ said they need 12 million to win in NH and Iowa. We gave them 20 million. And we lost.

jarofclay
01-09-2008, 02:19 PM
blimp for great justice!

And let it be said, party or not, Ron Paul is DA MAN!!!! Lets rock this nation!

jarofclay
01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
HQ said they need 12 million to win in NH and Iowa. We gave them 20 million. And we lost.

Elections are not an exact science and nor are they for the faint of heart. (Similar to bond trading). We are here for the long haul. Why? Because Ron Paul is DA MAN!

jab2ur
01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Some of the biggest headline-grabbers were not HQ efforts: November 5th, Blimp, Woman walking across the state. Plus the grassroots commercials are better than the HQ ones. It's not surprising that HQ is using the money poorly... after all it goes against RP's whole philosophy of centralized planning! I see no harm in putting most financial support into grassroots endeavors, such as JeremiahBlack, or something clever Mr. Lyman could spearhead.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-09-2008, 02:21 PM
I donate as often as I can.

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 02:56 PM
bump

tsetsefly
01-09-2008, 03:11 PM
yes another bump

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 08:04 AM
bump

mackler
01-10-2008, 12:01 PM
Do not donate to the official campaign. That money will go nowhere useful. If you want to help Dr. Paul win, spend the money yourself.

tsetsefly
01-10-2008, 04:23 PM
bump

Michigan11
01-10-2008, 04:52 PM
I voted maybe, but not because of Michigan's results.

Maybe because, I'm waiting to hear of or see the campaign use the money to do what a campaign is supposed to be doing with the money. HELLO??

Does anyone realize why we 'negative' threads are negative?

It's because of the results people. The f'n results. I have spoken to a local office in Michigan here and these campaign employees (2) are incompetent, in fact the offices opened in Michigan are all incompetent and not worth 2 devalued cents.

Now I'm pissed, thinking about this. What is the purpose of opening 4 offices in Michigan?

No phones are in the offices to do phone banks.
No literature is availabe to hand out, actually they told us one day it's a loss of money for the campaign to send out too much of it.
No signs are there, they were all sent out, and when they arrive there were no metal stakes to hold them up.

What they do have in the office:

Yes, a strategy to distribute lit they don't want to provide.

Can you imagine that? It's like a gas station advertises gas and a grand opening, without ever having gas. WTF

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone, having some sick joke being played on me. Then all the money that I've sent them, comes to mind, I get pissed.

Don't worry people, I've contributed plenty of money and hundreds of hours of time, and have converted 100 people at least to vote for RP on the 15th in Michigan.

I'm in it til the end, don't worry I'll feel better when I see the campaign start!