PDA

View Full Version : If you can't beat them - join them...

WillInMiami
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
I've decided to become as ignorant as (most - not all) the rest of the American people. Starting today I will begin watching such mindless dribble as "Dancing with the stars", "American Idol", and "Everybody Loves Raymond". When not at work, I will only watch things that keep me uninformed and waste my time. Hopefully, as I age, I will develope Alsheimer's so that I can completely forget how stupid and easily deceived the American people are. Until then, I will work hard to become ignorant so that I can achieve the state of "ignorance is bliss" that so many other people enjoy....

ButchHowdy
01-09-2008, 10:44 AM
You left out DUFF Beer Do'hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Mark Rushmore
01-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Don't forget an ever increasing Doctor-advised regimen of pharmaceuticals. You can hardly be a good American without.

MrKoffee
01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
That's why the best thing to do is find something to relate on these people and talk about Dr. Paul in a not so serious tone, joke a bit and try to make it seem like supporting Dr. Paul is cool or popular cause if everyone's doing it, then it must be worthwhile.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Do this instead...

Call 501-324-2008

"Hi, I've heard Governor Huckabee saying a lot of good things lately about the economy, about limited government and eliminating the IRS, and ending birthright citizenship for illegal aliens.

I was just wondering when we can expect Governor Huckabee to endorse Ron Paul now that he is running on his campaign positions?

MrKoffee
01-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Or even better you can say you support a Candidate on something negative about them. Like when you talk to someone who likes McCain say "I like McCain because i saw a youtube video of him where he said we'd be in Iraq 100 more years, that's pretty kickass ." You wanna make that person feel like an idiot for supporting a complete retard.

Hook
01-09-2008, 11:00 AM
haha

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 11:06 AM
Ignorance is bliss until it`s too late:eek:

nullvalu
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
No..

If you can't beat them... YOU'RE NOT FIGHTING HARD ENOUGH.

This is just the beginning, my friend. Do not be discouraged.

If this were another time, I think I'd have no problem being a part of the Sons of Liberty.

We need a new Sons of Liberty.

davidkachel
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
I've decided to become as ignorant as (most - not all) the rest of the American people. Starting today I will begin watching such mindless dribble as "Dancing with the stars", "American Idol", and "Everybody Loves Raymond". When not at work, I will only watch things that keep me uninformed and waste my time. Hopefully, as I age, I will develope Alsheimer's so that I can completely forget how stupid and easily deceived the American people are. Until then, I will work hard to become ignorant so that I can achieve the state of "ignorance is bliss" that so many other people enjoy....

You have a good start. The word is "drivel" not "dribble". <grin>

Mortikhi
01-09-2008, 11:11 AM

I'm sorry, but just like the cave dweller in Allegory of the Cave, it is too late. Once you discovered that there is actually a sun and another world outside the cave, you can't go back.

Imagine prisoners, who have been chained since their childhood deep inside a cave: not only are their limbs immobilized by the chains; their heads are chained in one direction as well so that their gaze is fixed on a wall.

Behind the prisoners is an enormous fire, and between the fire and the prisoners is a raised walkway, along which puppets of various animals, plants, and other things are moved along. The puppets cast shadows on the wall, and the prisoners watch these shadows. When one of the puppet-carriers speaks, an echo against the wall causes the prisoners to believe that the words come from the shadows.

The prisoners engage in what appears to us to be a game: naming the shapes as they come by. This, however, is the only reality that they know, even though they are seeing merely shadows of images. They are thus conditioned to judge the quality of one another by their skill in quickly naming the shapes and dislike those who play poorly.

Suppose a prisoner is released and compelled to stand up and turn around. At that moment his eyes will be blinded by the sunlight coming into the cave from its entrance, and the shapes passing by will appear less real than their shadows.

The last object he would be able to see is the sun, which, in time, he would learn to see as the object that provides the seasons and the courses of the year, presides over all things in the visible region, and is in some way the cause of all these things that he has seen.

Once enlightened, so to speak, the freed prisoner would not want to return to the cave to free "his fellow bondsmen," but would be compelled to do so. Another problem lies in the other prisoners not wanting to be freed: descending back into the cave would require that the freed prisoner's eyes adjust again, and for a time, he would be one of the ones identifying shapes on the wall. His eyes would be swamped by the darkness, and would take time to become acclimated. Therefore, he would not be able to identify the shapes on the wall as well as the other prisoners, making it seem as if his being taken to the surface completely ruined his eyesight.

WillInMiami
01-09-2008, 11:32 AM

Too funny

WillInMiami
01-09-2008, 11:33 AM

See - my plan is WORKING!!!

Mark Rushmore
01-09-2008, 11:45 AM
See - my plan is WORKING!!!

lol