PDA

View Full Version : You want to place better than 5th in SC? Heres How

jahazii
01-09-2008, 10:13 AM
Ok guys SC is the next state for an election, and if we place 3rd or better we will get millions of free advertisng from the MSM. This investment is worth it. If we can raise half a million for a blimp in the matter of a month I think we can get the couple grand they need to get these ideas off the ground.

EDIT They are not using the reveloution logo that is just what the company put to see what it will look like they will use a design similar to

the one in NH
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7874/ronpaulcampaignmanchestlr8.jpg
They need $1740 more to get this billboard up the deadline is the 11th. Daily traffic count is 50k a day. There is 10 more days before the vote. This has the potentional to reach half a million voters in that time.
http://ronpaulbillboards.com/id16.html

Also in the SC forum they are trying to run ads in every SC newspaper. They have the ad designed, just need more people to get this thing rolling.http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=76978

Lets get a sticky please this is so important, and since we dont get ANY help from the MSM lets get the message out on our own. This may be out last shot at 3rd or better so act fast guys stop complaining about the HQ and 5th place. These two ideas have the chance to propel him into the top 3.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
As much as I like the idea of billboards in high traffic areas, the idea of putting up another one saying "Ron Paul Revolution" is simply crazy at this point.

The billboard has to grab the voter with something they are interested in.
Example. "Do you like the idea of paying no federal income taxes?" Go to ronpaul2008.com to find out how to make this a reality

Anything that will grab a voters hot button and make them pay attention and take action.

jahazii
01-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Bump this is urgent.

jahazii
01-09-2008, 10:25 AM
As much as I like the idea of billboards in high traffic areas, the idea of putting up another one saying "Ron Paul Revolution" is simply crazy at this point.

Example. "Do you like the idea of paying no federal income taxes?" Go to ronpaul2008.com to find out how to make this a reality

Anything that will grab a voters hot button and make them pay attention and take action.

Thats just a sample they want to run this like they did in NH

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7874/ronpaulcampaignmanchestlr8.jpg

Other designs
http://ronpaulideas.com/Billboards.htm

S3eker
01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
What is that crecent moon and palm tree mean on that website?

S3eker
01-09-2008, 10:30 AM
OMG that's the SC flag!! I thought it was an Al-Quida flag !

Jay778x
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM
you need to find the top issue for voters in SC... if it's taxes then do what the individual above me already suggested, if its the war do a billboard on that... ONE simple phrase, and RONPAUL2008.com or VOTE RON PAUL with it. Too much writing and it's confusing especially for people driving by to look, read, and digest it.

You need a hit and run type billboard.

END THE INCOME TAX
VOTE RON PAUL
ronpaul2008.com

or

RON PAUL FOR THE ECONOMY

or

SECURE THE BORDER
VOTE RON PAUL

etc

mconder
01-09-2008, 10:31 AM

+1

jahazii
01-09-2008, 10:34 AM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb188/shamash_bucket/ronpaulad3.jpg

http://nefex.net/RPAd.png

gpickett00
01-09-2008, 10:38 AM
We don't need any more Ron Paul Revolution signs or billboards. I thinks its a cool motto and all, but we need to appeal to the establishment. Young people are on our side, its the old people who actually vote who we need to appeal to. I think you need to seriously consider changing the sign to the one above as was used in New Hampshire. In fact, Ill donate $25 if you decide to change your mind.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 10:42 AM
How about hitting the social security issue.

"Do you want to stop paying income taxes on your social security?" Call 1877ronpaul to find out how.................

rjl
01-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Illegal immigration is apparently the biggest issue in SC right now. The flyers above are really good.

The rest of the field can't compare with Dr. Paul on the issue. So that should be the focus. We need a compare and contrast ad between Ron Paul and the other guys. Put their records side by side and let people see how crappy these other guys are and how good RP is.

Rebel Resource
01-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Google Ron Paul is the only that suggests something mysterious and gives the impetus to check out videos etc.

jahazii
01-09-2008, 10:47 AM
We don't need any more Ron Paul Revolution signs or billboards. I thinks its a cool motto and all, but we need to appeal to the establishment. Young people are on our side, its the old people who actually vote who we need to appeal to. I think you need to seriously consider changing the sign to the one above as was used in New Hampshire. In fact, Ill donate $25 if you decide to change your mind.

Ya the Reveloution logo has no intention on being on the Board. It was an attempt by the Company who rents the billboard to show thier client what a RP billboard would look like from traffic. They just photoshopped it on the billboard to give a quick look. They will run one similiar to the NH one with key issues, and the design is not finialized you can make suggestions to RonPaulbillboards.com if you want.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 10:48 AM
Illegal immigration is apparently the biggest issue in SC right now. The flyers above are really good.

The rest of the field can't compare with Dr. Paul on the issue. So that should be the focus. We need a compare and contrast ad between Ron Paul and the other guys. Put their records side by side and let people see how crappy these other guys are and how good RP is.

but you cant do all of that on a billboard?? How is anyone going to be able to read it?

rjl
01-09-2008, 10:57 AM
but you cant do all of that on a billboard?? How is anyone going to be able to read it?

It could probably be done. Need someone who really understands how to simplify things. There's gotta be a graphic designer around here who can find a way to make it clear. Obviously the comparing of the actual records would only work on flyers, radio, etc. Billboards need a quick phrase for RP and a quick phrase for the other guys. Tough on Illegal Immigration/Pro-amnesty or something.

jahazii
01-09-2008, 11:07 AM
Well we can focus on the ads words later we have 48 hours to get this funded

scandinaviany3
01-09-2008, 11:18 AM
How about hitting the social security issue.

"Do you want to stop paying income taxes on your social security?" Call 1877ronpaul to find out how.................

We posted flyers in SC meetups to print and use on Social security and seniors

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 11:19 AM
How about paying the people who own "South of The Border" to put "Pedro says vote for Ron Paul and spend the money he saves you at South of the border"

BobSmith
01-09-2008, 11:33 AM
I will give 500 dollars if you tell us what the sign will say and It will actually do any good.

justinc.1089
01-09-2008, 11:37 AM
Everyone focus on Nevada. SC is lost already.

I just saw a Rasmussen poll and we are DEAD last here. Even Giuliani, as hated as much as he is in South Carolina, is crushing us here.

There is a reason the campaign neglected SC, and I now feel they were wise to do so. Everyone focus all efforts on Nevada where we have a shot.

We need a win in Nevada big time to get momentum for super tuesday. SC is not going to even give us a 4th place finish, much less a 3rd.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 11:40 AM
Has any Republican EVER won the nomination without doing well in SC? Justin you are scaring me.

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 11:44 AM
Are scare tactics out of the question? Did you know that the federal Govt can enter your home without a warrant, look through your belongings, without you knowing about it?"

Zarxrax
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
Can independents vote in SC? So far, Ron Paul has gotten VERY little of the republican vote, so I think focusing on the war is the worst move you can make. With the war listed as the first issue, people might not even read anymore past that! I honestly think Ron Paul focuses too much on the war, to the point that most voters don't even know what he stands for, besides getting out of Iraq immediately. I think you need to first win voters over with hot issues like immigration and the economy, and then let them find out about his stance on the war later after they have warmed up to him.

Redcard
01-09-2008, 12:09 PM
Crazy question..

Why do we care about the 24 delegate votes in SC?

Dave Wood
01-09-2008, 12:18 PM
Crazy question..

Why do we care about the 24 delegate votes in SC?

Because the southern states always vote the way SC does???

Redcard
01-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Because the southern states always vote the way SC does???

So? If we're going on what other states do, pack it up right now. No one who finished lower than 3rd in NH ever won the nomination, either.

That was when we didn't have almost 40% of the nation voting on one day.

SC's delegate power is cut in half.

I think it'd serve Ron Paul better if he focused on Tennessee, Georgia, Illinois, and Missouri from now up until Super Duper Tuesday. A solid week in each of those states nets covers nearly 300 delegate votes while everyone else is burning money in CA and NY.

manny
01-09-2008, 05:47 PM
Can independents vote in SC? So far, Ron Paul has gotten VERY little of the republican vote, so I think focusing on the war is the worst move you can make. With the war listed as the first issue, people might not even read anymore past that! I honestly think Ron Paul focuses too much on the war, to the point that most voters don't even know what he stands for, besides getting out of Iraq immediately. I think you need to first win voters over with hot issues like immigration and the economy, and then let them find out about his stance on the war later after they have warmed up to him.

This is a good post.

I used to be all for pushing the war side of things. But I think the emphasis on that is something to save for the general election. We're trying to win the Republican nomination.

Ron Paul is the most Republican & conservative (in the sense of rule of law, with the source of politcal authority being the consitution) in terms of:

Gun rights
Tax cutting (say tax-cutting to unsure Republicans - coming straight out with "abolish the fed and go to gold standard" will only scare them)
Illegal immigration
States' rights
National Sovereignty
Being pro-life

He is also a veteran, a Christian and a family man. He has a wonderful record and is praised by others in Washington as an incredibly honest man.

With this resume we should be doing great in SC.

Once we've got them convinced that Ron is the real republican in the race (against cross-dressing gun grabber Rudy, John "I love illegal immigrants" McCain, Mitt "gun laws protect us" Romney and Tax Hike Mike this shouldn't be that hard!!) then we'll go on to explain how the war hurts finances, torture is pointless and immoral, currency inflation destroys a country. There is, I'm sad to say it, little point in starting off with these issues. These will come later as the icing on the cake as to why Ron can attract dems and inds to win the general election by a landslide. It is his conservative attributes which we must stress.

Push these and we will take the Republican nomination.

pdubya
01-09-2008, 05:49 PM
become a diebold programmer....thats the way apparently.

manny
01-09-2008, 05:55 PM
become a diebold programmer....thats the way apparently.

lol that can be plan b ;)

RPDelegate
01-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I think signs are great. But what is better is a slim jim stuck in the front door of every house in America - that way it is something a potential voter has in their hand to read over, not just a simply sign that says Who Is Ron Paul. Most people apparently are saying who cares. Potential voters need more than a simple one-liner. Slim jims are the way to go. A single person could do a precinct of 1000 houses in one weekend - and that's like at the most 4 hours for two days.

Leslie Webb
01-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Romney has pulled all his advertising from South Carolina and is focusing on Michigan. Could we fill the gap in South Carolina? We did poll 11% there a few weeks ago in one poll, even though we are last now. And, South Carolina has a lot of military bases. Ron is #1 in donations from the military-- that would be a point we could push if we go all out there.

LynnB
01-09-2008, 06:28 PM
OMG that's the SC flag!! I thought it was an Al-Quida flag !

LOL!!!! SHhhhhhh....

LynnB
01-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I think we need ads in every newspaper... Older voters can be depended on the devour the newspaper (they have nothing else to do! jk!) Blimps and blogs won't do it alone. They don't see that.
The SlimJim idea is great also.... in my area in Florida, I've seen private enterprises putting inserts inside of electric bills, etc.

itsnobody
01-09-2008, 06:47 PM
great plan

thehighwaymanq
01-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Bumpity Bump!

LibertyEagle
01-09-2008, 07:27 PM
We posted flyers in SC meetups to print and use on Social security and seniors

"on social security we have flyers we sent to meetups please print and use"

Where are they? Have a link?

Churchill2004
01-09-2008, 07:31 PM
Immigration is about the last thing we need to focus on. We need to push the issues where Paul is different from all the other candidates, not the issues he's closest to them on. That's the mistake we made in NH, and it cost us the anti-war/indy/paleocon vote- which should have been ours almost by default.

Leslie Webb
01-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Immigration is about the last thing we need to focus on. We need to push the issues where Paul is different from all the other candidates, not the issues he's closest to them on. That's the mistake we made in NH, and it cost us the anti-war/indy/paleocon vote- which should have been ours almost by default.

Agree, and stress that the Iraq War is a big part of the massive government overspending we face. We cannot start to pay off the national debt and cover the $50-70 trillion dollars in unfunded entitlement liabilities unless we stop spending so much on policing the world.

I'd like to see a newspaper ad that tried to persuade registered Republicans that we can't slash government spending by hundreds of billions of dollars unless we cut spending on our overseas interventions. These are the people who are not voting for us. They want smaller government, but they don't see that 'war and big government go hand in hand...'

jahazii
01-10-2008, 01:51 AM
Hey guys late bump sorry I am not Affilated with any of the two links, but I am contacting the Billboard site tommorow to have them give me thier Billboard panned design. I will update this thread later on today or early morning. One person said they will donate 500 if they know what it will say. I will update this later.

itsnobody
01-10-2008, 06:42 AM
donate people this ia great plan

jahazii
01-10-2008, 05:00 PM
The heart of Columbia, "The Vista" it is the main social area. It is great location, facing the South Carolina state house and is a mile from University of SC. The best thing is that it is a block away from John McCains office