PDA

View Full Version : My most productive exploit in five, apathy-filled years ---

khorbis
07-21-2007, 10:04 PM
--- has been to appraise Dr. Paul with my own eyes, as I did just tonight in Greenville, SC...

...and the man does not disappoint, nor lack, in character, rationality, or principles, truly. For the last three months, I've been hunkered over internet videos, blogs, newsfeeds, and forums to ensure my avid support of Dr. Paul is grounded in solid, updated, and various sources of information.

Sources abound seem to indicate that Ron Paul should be:

1. Genuinely Consistent? Check.
2. Undeniably Rational? Check.
3. Staunchly Principled? Again, Check.

Moreover, and much more important to me, he exudes a sincere, discernable honesty in lieu of the synthetic secretions oozed from the standard politician - Ghouliani and his ilk for starters.

My significant other and I left from Charlotte, NC at around 12:00 PM. Our travel time was a dimunitive 1.5 hours, in comparison to the MANY others who traveled great distances. The Granny Warriors, a determined group of traveling Paulites (in addition to the most sickeningly CUTE monkey I've ever seen) from Faith, NC, had already established base-camp by the time we arrived at about 2:00 PM (1 hour prior). Since this was our first rally, of ANY sort, we spent most of that time introducing ourselves and socializing with the War Wagon crew, especially Linda who lovingly referred to me as "the wacko." HAH!

We headed inside the Carolina First Conference Center, hoping to get good seats, with about 30 minutes to spare. Good seats were abundant - about 50 people were in the room, though I didn't worry about the lack. I had an intuitive feeling that Rick Beltram would be choking on his words (which I'm sure you've all read) by the end of the night. Each seat (about 500, I'd guesstimate) was garnished with a complimentary packet composed of news (something about a Republican-sponsored BBQ in Georgetown, SC the following weekend), various pamplet-type hand-me-out media, a donation envelope, and a nifty sticker (now adorning my car).

After wandering around and taking pictures, I sat down to review the packet with about 10 minutes on the clock. New arrivals continued to trickle in slowly, until just a few minutes before...

...a FLOOD of newcomers arrived. Five minutes later almost every seat was filled - 400+ easy. I could literally feel the excitement in the room. There was even a moment, right before the start, when a group of people started clapping (for some reason I know not what) and the enthusiasm bubbled over to half of the room before, apparently, everyone asked themselves, "Why am I clapping?" I was one of those people, heh.

I'm not going to go into the details of Dr. Paul's oration, because, as was mentioned by a fellow attendee on this forum, you'll be able to see it yourself soon enough. Damn, I love the internet. Suffice to say, he is an inspiring man. I feel eternally grateful for his existence.

Oh, duh, the pictures are posted here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/khorin) (compliments of the lovely Corinne (http://shizucor.com)). I'm the chubby doofus in the blue "Knight Rider" t-shirt.
Feel free to mock me; I know I do!

All in all - one of the best things I've ever done in my life. No, seriously.
As Christopher Walken (sort of) put it, "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more [Ron Paul]!!!"

I vote for Reliability.
I vote for Objectiveness.
I vote for Nonintervention

I vote for Peace.
I vote for Acceptance.
I vote for Understanding.
I vote for Liberty.

KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! DONATE! INFORM! PARTICIPATE!

aravoth
07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
great post

PatriotOne
07-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Great pics Khorbis! Thanks for sharing :)

JoshLowry
07-21-2007, 10:42 PM
Always good to hear and see personal accounts. Thanks!

Brandybuck
07-22-2007, 01:43 AM
Needs more cowbell!

:D :D :D