PDA

View Full Version : Big Ron Paul Sign Spotted in Iowa

Dave
07-21-2007, 10:02 PM
I found this sign off Iowa Highway 163 just outside of Des Moines today and couldn't resist taking a few pictures:

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/4/2/8/a/event_1757034.jpeg

http://photos4.meetupstatic.com/photos/event/4/2/8/b/event_1757035.jpeg

OK, I confess. This is my sign in my yard. I had one about 2x3 but tonight I finished engineering this setup for a 4x8. Hope you like it.

I love knowing it's there every time a car goes by - they can't miss it.

Bradley in DC
07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Dave's da man!

UCFGavin
07-21-2007, 10:09 PM
nice sign, wish i had a yard to put one in :(

FreedomLover
07-21-2007, 10:16 PM
Have you seen any random RP signs yet ?

hummtide
07-21-2007, 11:18 PM

Went to Mobile this past weekend.. I must have seen 10 to 12 mainly in western Mobile on the main arteries of Airport Blvd, Moffet Road, and Schillinger Rd.

TheLibertyTree
07-22-2007, 12:21 AM
I saw a van going down I-80 by Iowa City with 2 RP bumper stickers. If they weren't going 90 mph I would have caught up and honked.

Dave
07-22-2007, 02:01 PM

Not yet. I've heard there's some up but I haven't run across them yet. I know there's one on Iowa Highway 4 south of Pocahontas and I think the guys in Fairfield got some put up on Iowa Highway 34. The only bumper stickers I've seen are in the parking lot at the restaurant where our meetup group gathers.

Dave Wood
07-22-2007, 02:20 PM
My neighbor owns some rental properties in Norfolk Virginia where the big naval bases are. He says "Ron Paul signs are all you see down there, there everywhere". This man is a retired L. Colonel......I believe him!

Dave
07-23-2007, 04:13 PM
I just saw my first Ron Paul sign 'in the wild'!

It was a rally sign stuck in the ground at the corner of Merle Hay and Franklin in Des Moines - a pretty busy intersection. I felt like a kid who just found an Easter egg.

d'anconia
07-23-2007, 04:14 PM
OK, I confess. This is my sign in my yard. I had one about 2x3 but tonight I finished engineering this setup for a 4x8. Hope you like it.

LOL it's okay, we're all proud of our pro-Paul endeavors. Nice work!

joshdvm
07-27-2007, 02:27 PM
A question: A friend of mine suggested making a big Ron Paul banner and hanging it from an overpass over the interstate. This goes against my libertarian grain. Thoughts, anyone?

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
A question: A friend of mine suggested making a big Ron Paul banner and hanging it from an overpass over the interstate. This goes against my libertarian grain. Thoughts, anyone?

http://www.photoflock.com/get/p46a2e3d2b355c.jpg

beermotor
07-27-2007, 02:28 PM
that rules!
Is that in Iowa?

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 02:30 PM

In what way Josh?

Property rights? Well it's public property but there may be laws about hanging stuff from highway overpasses, which is probably what you are concerned about.

But any large banner can probably be hung in view of a major thoroughfare fairly easy with a little searching.

JoshLowry
that rules!
Is that in Iowa?

Nah. Houston, TX.

Few more pics here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8375

I would say go for it JoshDVM

ARealConservative
twice now I have come back to my car and found half a dollar bill stuck to my windshield (ripped in half).

That it has happened twice after placing the bumper sticker on my car must mean something!

Of course the first thing I did was see if it was the same dollar bill - it wasn't.

JoshLowry
07-27-2007, 02:31 PM
twice now I have come back to my car and found half a dollar bill stuck to my windshield (ripped in half).

That it has happened twice after placing the bumper sticker on my car must mean something!

Of course the first thing I did was see if it was the same dollar bill - it wasn't.

Haha, that's crazy. Someone is playing mind games with you.

Kuldebar
07-27-2007, 02:33 PM

Anti-fiat currency political statement obviously!

ARealConservative
07-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Anti-fiat currency political statement obviously!

yep. It produced a huge smile on my face both times. (the second time my recently converted in-laws were with me and they thought it was the coolest thing too! - after my explanation of course)

freelance
07-27-2007, 02:40 PM

It's the new $ on a cigarette!