PDA

View Full Version : Press Release - Ron Paul Blimp Invites All Candidates for a Ride

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-09-2008, 09:28 AM
(Has already been sent to all major media, feel free to distribute.)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Ron Paul Blimp Invites All Candidates for a Ride

SAVANNAH, GEORGIA, JANUARY 9, 2008 -- The Ron Paul Blimp has officially sent letters of invitation to all contending candidates for the office of President of the United States, offering them a ride in the Ron Paul Blimp.

This gesture was done as an act of goodwill during an often heated campaign, added blimp spokesperson Bryce Henderson, “we realized that not all of the candidates had a blimp so we wanted to invite them to ride in ours.”

For added convenience, the blimp will be attending the January 10th Republican debate in Myrtle Beach, SC where it will be accessible for any of the candidates to take for a spin. Because debates can be such stressful events this is a great opportunity for the candidates to relax and get away from the chaos of the campaign.

Presidential candidates that decide to join us are allowed one guest plus one security personnel. As no in-flight meals are served, they are also allowed to bring snacks and drinks. If time permits the candidates may also be given the rare opportunity of actually flying the blimp.

Candidates contacted by regular mail and email included Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Bill Richardson, Dennis Kucinich, John Edwards, John McCain, Mike Huckabee, Alan Keyes, Mitt Romney, Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul.

The blimp measures 197 feet long and over 66 feet high making it one of the largest airships in the world. It travels at an average speed of 30 mph between 1-2,000 feet off the ground and can be seen from 2 miles away. Along with two pilots the blimp comes with a ground crew of 15-20 that travel with the blimp and assist with landing and takeoffs. The gondola seats 8 passengers, plus the pilots.

The blimp has been featured on numerous national and countless local news sources and is a great way for a candidate to attract additional attention to their campaign.

For candidate flights, we are also reserving a couple of seats on the blimp for a reporter and cameraperson.

# # #

werdd
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
lol good way to get press.

RoyalShock
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
That is hilarious!

Could you see McCain or Guiliani taking a spin in the RPB?

Besides RP, I suspect only Keyes and/or Kucinich would take them up on their offer.

Ethek
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
Blimp'd!

walt
01-09-2008, 09:34 AM
All I can picture is Rudy saying 9/11 and dive bombing the blimp if he got at the controls. ;)

Careful if Huckabee gets near it, he'll claim it as his own...

bucfish
01-09-2008, 09:35 AM
nice job thank you guys!!!

itshappening
01-09-2008, 09:36 AM
it will allow Hucks army to get closer to god

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-09-2008, 09:41 AM
Thank you guys for your support and purchases!

fuzzybekool
01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
I came down from Chicago, and I got my cam ready to get this on youtube.
Woohoooo.

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-09-2008, 10:28 AM
blimp

derdy
01-09-2008, 10:29 AM
Excellent idea!:D

hellsingfan
01-09-2008, 10:33 AM
to tell you the truth, I think this is just for "advertising" their "business plan" so more of the candidates will do it. Like they said in the press release a month ago. They're using our money to expand their business, losers! Although this may get us some media coverage :)

Blimp Media Coordinator
01-09-2008, 12:16 PM
thanks derdy!

Isupportliberty
01-09-2008, 12:29 PM
Careful if Huckabee gets near it, he'll claim it as his own...

haha... it's funny cause it's true.

newbitech
01-09-2008, 12:32 PM
if even one candidate even responds with a no I will be shocked, although I think the idea is brilliant.

kotetu
01-09-2008, 12:53 PM
awesome! :D Now if they will just accept. :D