PDA

View Full Version : One phase is over, the next phase is begins

Badger Paul
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
I know this will be difficult for some to hear, but I think its obvious that Ron Paul is not going to win the Republican nomination. You can't be a nominee of a party where 60% of its members will not support you under any circumstances and you cannot win nominations on fifth place finishes. Facts are facts. More than likely RP will campaign up to Super Tuesday when the money runs out and he has to go back to Texas to run for his Congressional seat. Unless some sort of mircale happens, the first phase of this camapaign is over.

But that means the second one begins. The one beyond Ron Paul. And in that phase, we need to gain a foothold within the GOP. Supporters in the upcoming states should work hard and get what votes we can and whatever deleagtes we can. But more importantly, we need to start getting involved with our local parties so we can secure that foothold.

I know some will want to go third party, but while Rep. Paul may take a few percentage points of the vote, it accomplish nothing for the future. And we are that future because most of are still pretty young and most of the GOP base is pretty old. Our time will come. We just have to be paitient. Somewhere, out there, some young, backbench but ambitious politician is looking at our movement to see whether or not it can be a vehcile for his larger aspirations. Or maybe somebody not in politics will get inspired to run for office based on Ron Paul's message. But they can only be successful, and we can only be successful with system, as much as we despise it. We have to beat it at its own game.

The cause endures, the hope stilllives on and the dream shall never die. That has to be our motto from now until November and beyond.