PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution is only BEGINNING

MrKoffee
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Last night I was disappointed to see such a high volume of negative threads coming from forum members here. I've been collecting my thoughts and even though we placed 5th in NH I am extremely pleased. Roughly 8% of NH primary voters cast their ballot for Dr. Paul which shows his support is actually greater than poll numbers state. Regardless, last night 8% of primary voters in NH said in one form or another that they believe Ron Paul's message has a place in government which is more than I or I'm sure RP could ever dream.

The machines could be rigged, they might not be, that doesn't matter because victory comes not from the election of one man but from sowing the seeds of liberty into the American population. I am 20 years old, a college student and I work 2 jobs. I was as apathetic as they come and saw all elections as voting for the lesser of two evils. Ron Paul and his message of liberty cured my apathy and gave me a voice. I'm a RP addict and virally spread his name everywhere I go. I'm young and enthusiastic. I have picked up the torch of liberty from the few that have guarded it so carefully in these recent dark ages for liberty and as hectic as my schedule may be liberty is worth whatever sacrifice one must make.

What I have to say is, invest in liberty and invest in the youth. Statistics show that the younger a voter is the more likely he is to vote for Dr. Paul (from the CNN election statistics). Dr. Paul is right though, us, the youth know what we're inheriting and we're not very happy about it. I already have had to concede to the fact that I will be living in a less prosperous and more tyrannical America than my boomer parents grew up in but that doesn't phase me. We can get emotional and complain all we like but what I saw in NH was results, keep up this fight everyone, hold the line like the good Doctor has for so many decades and by the grace of God liberty will prevail. We will lose many battles along the way but if we hold liberty in our hearts we will prevail! This is not about RP, he is our spokesman, this is about LIBERTY!.

Lastly, I believe that it is essential for us to pick up the banner, run for local office and change the face of politics forever. What good will it do if we have a Libertarian President while Congress and the Senate positions are still held by same establishment hacks. NH didn't prove worthy of their state motto yesterday so let us take it, I would rather DIE than give up the fight for liberty.

RoyalShock
01-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Excellent post!!!

There is no doubt we need to continue to push Ron Paul through the primaries and hope for the best. But we also need to be prepared for how we're going to take this movement forward should RP not be our next president.

Local office is a good start, but it has to be with the goal of reaching federal office. That is where our movement's principles must be implemented. I'm a locally elected official but I admit that I'm probably not the "right material" for state or federal office.

I'm encouraged whenever I read (here on RPF.com) that a Ron Paul supporter is planning on running for Congress. I've also noticed a trend that former state governors have a better chance of winning the presidency than members of Congress. So that should be a goal, as well.

extrmmxer
01-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Well said. Folks we can't give up and there's no room for negativity. We need to keep pushing and working hard to get the vote! We need to stay together and continue our mission.