PDA

View Full Version : How I see it

DGambler
01-09-2008, 08:40 AM
1st post (sorry if this is in the wrong thread)... I've been watching Ron Paul for years and glad to see he is finally running. While NH is disappointing, the truth is that many voters are just now starting to pay attention to the candidates. I know that is tough to fathom to many here as you have been so involved with the campaign from the earliest days.

Take heart, we still have a chance in upcoming primaries, NOW is the time to start canvassing and getting Paul's message out. A couple of pointers:

1.) I saw another thread about image... regardless of what YOU think, image is a huge factor... if you are out stumping for Ron, you MUST present a positive image and be well groomed.

2.) Preaching: This is a no-no, you must engage people in conversation to find out what their hot-button issue is... you must know Ron's stance on everything so you can educate, not preach... the best way to introduce Ron is for someone to discover him on his own.

3.) Ron has a negative image to a lot of people who *think* they have been paying attention (e.g. only paying attention to the MSM); this is the group that is important to overcome. You must be able to overcome this negativity without coming across as attacking them.

All in all, I'm happy that Ron did as well as the Ghoul and think we have a chance in the upcoming states... I do hope national HQ decides to take the gloves off.

Cheers from Georgia from a Freedom Loving Fool!

rancher89
01-09-2008, 08:43 AM
welcome aboard, dgambler, your #2 is very important, we all tend to get a little excited about our message, slow down, LISTEN to your co-conversationalist!

kaleidoscope eyes
01-09-2008, 08:57 AM
blimp

Lars
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Very good points!