PDA

View Full Version : You know what sucks the most about all this grassroots stuff?

quickmike
07-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I put this message in another thread, but wanted to make sure everyone saw it, and let everyone know how good it makes me feel that you guys are out there doing all the heavy footwork and reporting on the events and such..... So anyway, back to my original point.....................

I have to run my business every day of the week and dont get to go to this kind of stuff. Thats the worst thing.

I would gladly pay thousands of dollars to just be able to close up for a few months and join you guys, but unfortunately I cant since I run the show here.
Makes me wish I was unemployed right now LOL

I never thought there would come a day when I would say something like that. I hand flyers out on weekends, but thats about all I have time for. Its great that you guys have the time to drive all over the place and make connections, pick up signs, drop off supplies, show up at rallies. etc etc etc.......AWESOME!!!

Who knows, maybe when Ron Paul gets elected and gets the IRS off my back, I can take the savings and hire someone to run the show while im out with you guys in the trenches supporting the future liberty candidates.

Keep up the good work guys and girls.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Advertise WHILE working :p maybe a Ron Paul shirt?

quickmike
07-21-2007, 08:06 PM
Advertise WHILE working :p maybe a Ron Paul shirt?

Oh I do the little things like that. The t-shirts, bumper stickers, handing out flyers.

Im just envious of the ones that get to go out there and drive the miles, and go to the rallys, video taping, and reporting and all that good stuff. I know every little bit helps, but damn!!!

I wanna go!!!! I wanna go !!!!

UCFGavin
07-21-2007, 08:09 PM
you can also help try and plan meetup events around your schedule as well. every little bit helps.

ChicagoLawyer
07-21-2007, 08:12 PM
I highly second the emotion. I sit billing hours in a law office most of the week, and have and will be able to "get out there" a bit, but I envy those who have more time. I was just thinking today that if all this took place when I was in college, when I was spending my summer getting signatures to put libertarians on the ballot, I would instead be spending my summer in Iowa helping out Ron Paul! Word to the wise for those of you in high school and college: take advantage of the time you have now and do some good, and have a lot of fun doing it. Of course, if you're reading this post you're probably already hot on that trail.

MozoVote
07-21-2007, 08:24 PM
The funny thing about RP's campaign is that it can wake up political instincts in people that have never particpated in politcs. You don't need to be college aged. I'm 39 and never expended one calorie of effort on behalf of any candidate until this year.

Dustancostine
07-21-2007, 08:25 PM
It is frustrating to me as well. I have these little kiosk in malls, (mostly in Texas). About 60% of the year I work about 20hrs a week from the computer and go where ever I please. But right now I am scheduled to open three stores in the next four months and each locations takes two to three weeks to get started. It is very frustrating right now. There is so much I could do other than what I am already doing but I can't.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 08:27 PM
It is frustrating to me as well. I have these little kiosk in malls, (mostly in Texas). About 60% of the year I work about 20hrs a week from the computer and go where ever I please. But right now I am scheduled to open three stores in the next four months and each locations takes two to three weeks to get started. It is very frustrating right now. There is so much I could do other than what I am already doing but I can't.

Ever thought about making the homepage of the kiosks ronpaul2008.com ?:D

Dustancostine
07-21-2007, 08:30 PM
Ever thought about making the homepage of the kiosks ronpaul2008.com ?:D

I am a little confused by this. When I say kiosk, I am referring the little carts that are setup in the middle of the shopping mall that sell things. We sell cell phone accessories and they have to be manned with sales people.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 08:51 PM
I am a little confused by this. When I say kiosk, I am referring the little carts that are setup in the middle of the shopping mall that sell things. We sell cell phone accessories and they have to be manned with sales people.

ohhhhhhh. I thought you meant internet kiosks that charge people to use the internet in the mall by the minute................ nevermind:D

guntherg16
07-21-2007, 09:00 PM
I'm slightly jealous of people that can get up and go anytime too. I'm not self employed but I have limited time off. The Pittsburgh Rally is about 6 hours away and on a Friday night. I have to go. I can hardly wait. It's going to be great.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:03 PM
I'm slightly jealous of people that can get up and go anytime too. I'm not self employed but I have limited time off. The Pittsburgh Rally is about 6 hours away and on a Friday night. I have to go. I can hardly wait. It's going to be great.

how many people can this rally hold?

guntherg16
07-21-2007, 09:05 PM

I don't know.

All I know is I made my hotel reservation earlier and I'm there.

Contact abstrusezincate (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=392) . He's the local Meetup organizer.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=7816&page=2

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:15 PM
Is it indoors? If it is, id say enough to have people standing outdoors with the place packed. That will look good. The more the merrier.