PDA

View Full Version : This is a race for the White House...not the GOP nomination

RollOn2day
01-09-2008, 07:51 AM
I hope everyone that is getting so hung up on getting or not getting the GOP nomination can step back and see the bigger picture.

We are striving for the Presidency....not the GOP nomination.
Getting ANY of the GOP hard-liners to vote for Ron Paul is an amazing feat.

I am confident that we will see a third party run. http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/spin-room-paul.html

It may be helpful to view your efforts and the present GOP results the first step in a successful run to the White House. It can not happen any other way. To honestly think we are going to convince a majority of the GOP to stop their own freight train is a misguided waste of valuable energy.

It is like a marathon where the runners (us) are acting like it is a 3 mile run.

Breath, relax and go at a pace that you can sustain until November. Being upset with our present results to get the GOP nomination is like getting upset over a scrimmage as you prepare for the actual season. There are lessons to be learned but no need for throwing in the towel.

The regular season hasn't even started yet. That begins when the GOP and the Dems pick their puppet for the season... And we announce that we are supporting Ron Paul all the way until November and will fight them all the way. The money bombs will look like peanuts once this gets into high gear.

There will be a collective "Oh Shit" coming from both parties when look up and see us still ready to play.

Richie
01-09-2008, 07:55 AM
There will be a collective "Oh Shit" coming from both parties when look up and see us still ready to play.

That's an understatement. The Republicans WILL NOT win with Ron Paul running as an independent or third party candidate. It's as simple as that.

jaumen
01-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Yep, without our support, no republican candidate has a shot. If Paul is not the nominee, a Republican will not win.... whether Paul makes an independent/3rd party run or not

traitorist
01-09-2008, 08:03 AM
Yep, without our support, no republican candidate has a shot. If Paul is not the nominee, a Republican will not win.... whether Paul makes an independent/3rd party run or not

Well, that would be fine and dandy if there was really a difference between the 2 parties, but there is not. The GOP will throw the election to the Dems if they don't have our support. Those wanting to spread their big government agendas, war and runaway spending will just put a Dem in power then.

walt
01-09-2008, 08:05 AM
you still must remove incompetent campaign staff

BillyDkid
01-09-2008, 08:07 AM
I'm sorry, It take Dr. Paul at his word - that the cards are so stacked against a third party that to run that way is almost impossible.

RollOn2day
01-09-2008, 08:10 AM
I take him at his word also.

Here are his words from Jan 5th 2008:

"I am in it as long as my supporters want me to be in it, and they finance the campaign, and they do that all spontaneously," he said, not overtly mentioning the $20 million his supporters donated in the final quarter of 2007, but making it clear he has political capital in a very literal sense.

see link for the complete article

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/01/spin-room-paul.html

jaumen
01-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Well, that would be fine and dandy if there was really a difference between the 2 parties, but there is not. The GOP will throw the election to the Dems if they don't have our support. Those wanting to spread their big government agendas, war and runaway spending will just put a Dem in power then.

This is true, I'm not a fan of the democrats, and at least one of them (Hillary) I think would be the worst possible President... but what can you do? Until people wake up a dem or a rep is all that will get elected. I am all for an independent run, and I would support him and vote for him as an independent... but I would be shocked if we won... I think we would retain about the same amount of votes, in the end... we would lose a lot by virtue of being independent... a lot of people won't vote for an independent... I'm sure we could gain some new supporters as well, but I don't see us getting much above 10%... this isn't to say we shouldn't go all out and try, it's just my expectations.

RollOn2day
01-09-2008, 08:21 AM
It was impossible for the American Revolution to be successful. It was impossible for LSU to get into the BCS championship.

Impossible things happen!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 01:49 PM
People who say third party runs are "impossible" don't have any idea what they are talking about. Ross Perot got 19,000,000 votes in 1992 and could have won the race if he did not drop out and have a meltdown. Ron could WIN third party. Right now he is wasting his time, our money, and damaging his reputation by staying in the GOP.

UziSprayTF
01-09-2008, 02:00 PM
Ron Paul could play hardball with the other republicans. Say with fox news. "Put me in the REPUBLICAN debate or I might not be REPUBLICAN much longer" lol, Fox would be like "shit, we are doomed either way!"

DeafPalmdale
01-09-2008, 02:17 PM
I think we are in a long run to win the White House. Let the Dems and Reps battle themselves out until the nomination. If Clinton wins, some of Obama's supporters and others will jump into Ron Paul's third party. Same thing if Romney wins, Huckabee, Mcain, and Thompson's supporters would like to join Ron Paul's camp. We may get 1/3 of Dems, 1/3 of Reps, and us as 1/3, something like that.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 02:18 PM
If Hillary were to win (God forbid) Ron could pick up the ENTIRE antiwar vote and probably half of Obama's people. We are talking about tens of millions of people.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Dr. Paul has my vote in the General election whether he is a Republican, 3rd party, or Write-in... Ron Paul has my vote.

RollOn2day
01-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Is there any other way to do this besides staying with the GOP until at least Super Tuesday?

We have another debate coming up and countless other interviews over the next 25 days that keep Ron Paul in front of the public. Even with the news blackout, some stuff trickles out.

The option would completely shut down the exposure. Ride the GOP ride until Feb 5th then....hold on!

Vintage Ron circa 1990...this is such a testament to Ron Pauls consistent message!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l1zRrEIFtA&NR=1(Length 4:20)

jacmicwag
01-09-2008, 07:05 PM
There is another twist to all this third-party predicting. The GOP may view a third-party run as more damaging to the Democrats than the Republicans. No one really knows but a third-party Ron run could steal more of the anti-war vote from the Dems than the fiscal conservative vote from the Republicans.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 07:12 PM
Who really cares? Both parties are f*cked.