PDA

View Full Version : Lusting in Georgetown (PG)

Douglass Bartley
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
"Ron Paul whose [candidacy sends] trendy liberals fleeing like demons do holy water ( Tancredo too anti- immigration, Paul entirely too libertarian, too anti-government spending . . . both too reminiscent of . . . gasp! . . . Pat Buchanan). Although it mystifies me why Paul shouldn’t begin to qualify since he almost alone voted against the war in Iraq. But pro-life will kill you every time with that crowd."

From Thomas Roeser @ The Wanderer. Please see
http://rxpaul.townhall.com/g/77709584-f2ee-425c-a05b-0e6d8452ac2e for the article.

kalami
07-21-2007, 09:30 PM
One guy I know is really critical on the Iraq War/War on Terrorism and I would of expected him to have some nice things to say about Ron Paul. Nope. Ron Paul is pro-life, so let's marginalize him to that one position and ignore the rest.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:35 PM
One guy I know is really critical on the Iraq War/War on Terrorism and I would of expected him to have some nice things to say about Ron Paul. Nope. Ron Paul is pro-life, so let's marginalize him to that one position and ignore the rest.

But he believes in state's right to choose LOL I'm more pro choice towards OTHER people but, I still am pro life in my own life, so what would I be?

Slugg
07-21-2007, 09:35 PM

That's what the abortion issue is supposed to do...most Americans don't even care about abortion anymore.

Douglass Bartley
07-21-2007, 09:47 PM
As Ron Paul has said, there can be no liberty without the right to life.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:51 PM
As Ron Paul has said, there can be no liberty without the right to life.

but he would vote against a federal ban on abortions.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:56 PM
But he believes in state's right to choose LOL I'm more pro choice towards OTHER people but, I still am pro life in my own life, so what would I be?

Anti pro others lives:D ?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:58 PM
Anti pro others lives:D ?

yes... I am against a gf of mine getting an abortion [unless it's life or death], but I think others should just do as they want..... legally, and Constitutionally, I believe it is meant to be left to the states though. Dr. Paul is spot on!

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Ron Paul was quoted as saying "the pro life stance really hit home with me during my medical residency after I saw a breathing, crying 2.5 lb baby thrown into a bucket" pretty graphic stuff.

Honestly, it kinda made me rethink my own past pro choice stance. Thats just me though.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 10:02 PM
Ron Paul was quoted as saying "the pro life stance really hit home with me during my medical residency after I saw a breathing, crying 2.5 lb baby thrown into a bucket" pretty graphic stull.

Honestly, it kinda made me rethink my own past pro choice stance. Thats just me though.

yes.. but what do I care what other people do? It may be disgusting to watch, but so is surgery. Let's just leave it to the states.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:06 PM
yes.. but what do I care what other people do? It may be disgusting to watch, but so is surgery.

Oh I agree completely with you. I dont think caring about life should be legislated. I guess it just comes down to your personal belief about when someone is alive, and when they dont exist as a person. Just my personal belief that if it breathes, its a person, and you are basically murdering it just like you would if you shot them in the head. But I will never disrespect someone elses opinion on the issue. So the state thing is probably best.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Oh I agree completely with you. I dont think caring about life should be legislated. I guess it just comes down to your personal belief about when someone is alive, and when they dont exist as a person. Just my personal belief that if it breathes, its a person, and you are basically murdering it just like you would if you shot them in the head. But I will never disrespect someone elses opinion on the issue. So the state thing is probably best.

yes... it's not that I don't care, I do. I just don't think the government is always the answer.. what about friends, family, churches? I don't believe that any woman enjoys having abortions, I think that it can be a punishment in itself...nonetheless, it IS up to the states :) My only objection is when they paint Dr. Paul, like in the NYT article, that he would SUPPORT a federal ban on abortion! That's just damn misleading. He would not! He opposes that, he opposes federal bans on gay marriage, as well, so stating that he is "anti abortion" just completely defames the man and makes him look like some kind of hawk in the eyes of potential liberal-leaning voters that might actually like the man, unfortunately, they're not getting the full truth.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:18 PM
yes... it's not that I don't care, I do. I just don't think the government is always the answer.. what about friends, family, churches? I don't believe that any woman enjoys having abortions, I think that it can be a punishment in itself...nonetheless, it IS up to the states :)

Once again I agree with you, especially about the "punishment in itself" part. But what I struggle with is, well if I look at aborting the baby as murder, should I also say to my neighbor that murders his wife "hey, you murdering your wife is punishment in itself so were not gonna do anything to ya" .......... this is a tough thing for me just being someone who overthinks crap all the time. It shouldnt be a federal issue though. Im 100 % certain of that.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Once again I agree with you, especially about the "punishment in itself" part. But what I struggle with is, well if I look at aborting the baby as murder, should I also say to my neighbor that murders his wife "hey, you murdering your wife is punishment in itself so were not gonna do anything to ya" .......... this is a tough thing for me just being someone who overthinks crap all the time. It shouldnt be a federal issue though. Im 100 % certain of that.

well, yes.. but, do you see a movement over legalizing adults murdering adults? There is no debate over adults murdering adults, so I don't see it as a good analogy. That's just my opinion. States should decide... The most difficult an issue something is, usually, the less government needs to be involved in it. I do value life... but do I want a federal ban on abortions? This would create a lot of problems (especially as states would be overruled), abortion would still occur, a prohibition on abortion would force it into the underground, there would be tons of illegal abortions.

in a different light.. universal freedom of abortion? This would, again, infuriate a lot of people, it would also overrule pro life leaning states, so what is the BEST balance? States... it's the the way it was supposed to be anyway, right? So...just leave it to the states to decide. If your state is against it, go next door.... atleast it'd be representative of the populations. This goes for all [most] issues...

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree, thats why the state thing is best....... If you dont like a state rule, just move. That way, everyone gets what they want.

GO RON!!!!!!