PDA

View Full Version : Spartanburg and Greenville - July 21 - The Day In A Rant

Razmear
07-21-2007, 07:13 PM
The alarm went off at 6:30 AM, for the first time in years I didn't hit the snooze button. Do you remember the feeling you had when you were 4 years old and you woke up on Christmas Day, not sure if you got the toy you prayed for or if it was going to be a holiday where all you got was new socks? That was how I felt as I was getting ready to hit the road.

The first stop was at BJ's in Greenville. I had called the night before to have them select $300 in food items hoping to just pick up a pallet and go. When I saw what they had selected (picture taken to be posted later) I realized we had to do some quick shopping. Ever seen the programs where someone wins a 15 minute shopping spree and has to run around getting stuff, well I was the contestant today running around with your donations. We spent about $340 at BJ's after a slight panic attack.

I was using my PayPal debit card which had $289 on it, I thought PayPal would automatically suck any overage from my checking account, but I guess it doesn't work that way. We paid the $40 cash off the top then tried to use the debit card. At BJ's the error message reads "Use Another Card" when it fails, with no other details. This is where the panic set in after 4 tries using the PayPal card. Finally I had the sense to put in another $20 cash and try again and it went thru. It was almost socks for Christmas, but we came thru with a bunch of stuff.

We loaded the stuff into Chriss's truck, he had to stop by Greenville and deliver some banners and stuff, so he said he'd meet me at Spartanburg about 10:30.

I got to the GOP Spartanburg event about 9:45, there were already folks in the parking lot and we all got to chat about politics, life, and how uncomfortable suits can be.

(Bloggis Interuptus: Watching channel 4, 8pm, they just had a nice Ron Paul promo for the 11 oclock news!!!!)

A few people recognized the Jeep from the website, one said it had been used in a YouTube video, I introduced myself as Eric Burke, after all it's the name my parents chose for me, but mentioned Razmear in a chat and got a "Oh, dude, I know who you are now", which was kinda cool. General chatter went on til about 11am, lots of intros, folks from NC, GA, TN, AL and more.

Around 11:20 Chris showed up with the truck, I can't fault him for being late as he's been running around doing everything he can to make this event go smoothly. Of course it was a bit nerve wracking, waiting for the food to show, and some of the folks who brought food, like BeerMotor (who I still don't know his real name) went inside before unloading the food, because we didn't want to set up til the truck arrived.

Another RP supporter, who used to be a roadie (sorry i suck with names), helped me unload the truck and stack the food into a 3 foot high by 8 foot long wall of cans and boxes, we didn't buy much Spam, Spam is like $2 a can and not a great value, but there was a "sprinkling of Spam" on the top of the wall.

By noon just about everyone with reservations was inside. My wife Kelley had volunteered to help out in the children's room babysitting for the folks who traveled with their kids, so it was me and maybe 5 others hanging outside.

The news crews started to arrive shortly after everyone went in, the local FOX, NBC and CBS channels showed up (we don't have a local ABC channel, it's in NC) I plugged the Spam Spartanburg to the FOX guy, he seemed amused by the concept and I referred him to RonPaulForums.com. He said he could do a story about it but I'd have to email him a lot of details within the hour, and seeing how I don't have an Internet Implant yet, that wasn't possible. FOX news is a 10pm, so I'll see if there is any good news.
NBC (4) got in thru a side door, and CBS (7) showed up last. I chatted with the reporter (he might have just been a camera man, not sure), and he asked: so who is this Ron Paul, is he running for something?
So after saying he's running for President, i dashed over to the Jeep, mentioning on the way to someone "that reporter never heard of Ron Paul", and got him the "Slim Jim" info card, and someone else gave him a Ron Paul Goodie Bag before he went inside.

I went inside for about 5 minutes at some point to use the little boys room, and the crowd was standing room only, and the folks listening to Paul, we very impressed with his message, and I'm not talking the folks like us, I'm talking the folks who we thought were going to try to tear Ron apart. I think many minds were changed, or at the very least enlightened in Spartanburg.

The meeting center started to empty out about 1:30pm. Most people went in before the wall of food was set up and were shocked to see it on the way out.
Lots of questions about what it was, who it was going to, who started it, some guy Razmear was doing this, oh it's you, good job, and so forth.

A gentleman from the Board of Directors for the Spartanburg Boy's Club talked to me for a bit, he was impressed, and he is a strong supporter of the Childrens Shelter, and he asked that if we do this again to consider donating to the Boy's Club next time. Maybe the next city that does this can do that? I don't know this gentleman's name but it was obvious that he was respected in the community and he had that air of dignity about him. He even offered to help transport the food to the Shelter, but I said that we could take care of it, after all if we got it this far, we can get it another 4 miles. I think we made a very good friend.

Rachel, the Ron Paul Diva, did an interview with me for her YouTube channel, then I asked her if she wanted to help deliver the stuff. Chris had to take the truck to Greenville and I didn't want to impede his progress, so we had a 4 car caravan to the Shelter. Rachel tried to get it on her GPS, (she drives a really nice car, btw) but after several failed attempts, and because I already had the directions down on paper, we took off with the Jeep in the lead. There were no signs indicating what the shelter was when we got close, so there was some confusion getting to the right door, but after two phone calls to the woman who worked there we got to the right door.

This shelter, due to the cases it handles, does not have any signage, and the woman who met us said we could not take any pictures of the kids or the grounds, we honored her request. She did let Rachel take one picture of us with one of the cartloads of food.

They were shocked and awed with the amount of food we brought. There were also coloring books and crayons donated. This was the Happy Christmas moment, only instead of the 4 year old, I got to be Santa, it was awesome, and I'd go into detail, but my eyes are getting a bit moist making it difficult to see the monitor.
We gave her one of the Ron Paul Goodie Bags, many Thanks and Our Pleasures were exchanged, and we departed to Greenville to see Ron Paul.

Rachel had the Expo Center dialed into her GPS and we headed out with her in the lead. I had gotten in front of her on the highway near the exit and took the lead. Google maps have no basis in reality. I got to Exposition Road no problem, but due to construction there was no entrance on that road, making the 2nd left instead of the first would have been better, but we got there about 3:30 with only about a 2 minute delay caused by my navigation skills.

When we got inside, we heard Ron Paul's voice, and thought we were missing him, but it was only a video montage being played. I missed the intro by the Greenville GOP chair, and got seated about 10 minutes before Ron took the stage.

Ron was amazing and the room was just about full, maybe 10 rows behind me were empty and this was a BIG hall. I'm sure there will be video of the event, so I won't bother trying to document it here.

On the way out we stopped at the Granny Warriors RV, my wife got a button for $1, and a T-Shirt from "The Ron Paul Machine" folks a bit further down.
I didn't know this, but the Granny Warriors travel with a monkey, which was getting a lot of attention.

We hit the road home, because we didn't eat all day and it was about 5pm we stopped at a Waffle House on exit 44 on I85. There was an older gentleman inside who asked me "whats this Ron Paul Revolution thing" referring to my shirt, and noticing the Jeep outside. I was a bit tired to give the whole speech, so I told him I'd be right back and went to fetch some propaganda from the Jeep.

I brought in 2 sets of stickers and fact cards that I gathered from the seats at the Greenville rally, and gave one to him and his friend.

Food arrived as I got back in, and he sat and read while I devoured a double cheeseburger. Once he had determined that I had eaten enough, he started asking me questions about Ron Paul. We sat in the Waffle House for about 45 minutes after we finished eating chatting about Ron Paul, who he had never heard of, politics, the current state of the union and more. Again, he never heard of Ron Paul before today.

I learned this man was 60, had no internet access, his primary news sources were Foxnews, MSNBC and the weather channel, he is a VietNam vet, and he agrees with just about everything Ron Paul stands for. We talked about the declining dollar, corruption in politics, the war in Iraq, and more, again he agreed dead on with Ron Paul's opinions. Christmas part two! This guy is a regular at this Waffle House, and probably a few more diners, and he's a good talker and enjoys doing so.

To me The Waffle House incident was the topper on the day, showing that all you need to do is expose someone to Ron Paul's message and step back for a minute, and they will realize that Ron Paul is the right man to be President. Whomever designed the campaign "Slim Jim's" did a great job, and I'd try and put them in the hands of anyone you meet.

We got home about 7:30, then I started typing this entry.

Long day, I hope I did it justice here, and whatever I missed I'll be glad to answer, at least til I pass out.

Eric Burke
Anderson, SC
aka Razmear

Distribute Freely

Johnnybags
07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
the dreams tonight will be of a better world, gauranteed!

freelance
07-21-2007, 07:23 PM
WOW! What a great debrief! Thank you.

gregp701
07-21-2007, 07:25 PM
I've been waiting to hear about this all day. Thanks Razmear !! :)

jjschless
07-21-2007, 07:26 PM
thanks

d'anconia
07-21-2007, 07:28 PM
Excellent post Razmear.

cujothekitten
07-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Thank you so much for doing this! It sounded like a great day and a real success with the food drive. Man that was such a good idea!

Hurricane Bruiser
07-21-2007, 07:32 PM
Link to newspaper article on Spartanburg, SC Rally:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20070721/NEWS/70721002/1062

Pretty favorable article I would say.

Chibioz
07-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Thank you for the very detailed and encouraging brief!

michaelwise
07-21-2007, 07:38 PM
Excellent work dude. Ron Paul Republicans mean, no more business as usual in Washington D.C..

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 07:39 PM
Was it a total success?

MozoVote
07-21-2007, 07:41 PM
Beltram in person, did not come across as the jerk we all made him out to be. Although when he was talking about the strategic impact of winning his county, he mentioned that Ron was the "32nd" or "33rd" appearance by a presidential candidate.

You could play this as pumping up the importance of his area, or belittling Ron a bit as just another candidate.

But Beltram did say he would support any nominee, and that all of them were better than any of the Democrats. He's a better soldier than Failor, at least.

sunny
07-21-2007, 07:47 PM
thanks buddy for the great post. it was almost as good as being there!

Quantumystic
07-21-2007, 07:48 PM
Great post!

This is the first I've heard of the Wall of Food thing. It sounds like you all have a huge head-start on an idea I thought *I* had come up w/ earlier today...

http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=8344

Now it sounds like I just had an extention of YOUR great idea!

Razmear
07-21-2007, 07:51 PM
My raw pictures from the day have been uploaded to:

http://razmear.us/rp/721/

Will work on cropping and so forth later, but wanted to get these up for ya.

eb

quickmike
07-21-2007, 07:54 PM
You know what sucks the most about all this grassroots stuff?

I have to run my business every day of the week and dont get to go to this kind of stuff. Thats the worst thing.

I would gladly pay thousands of dollars to just be able to close up for a few months and join you guys, but unfortunately I cant since I run the show here.
Makes me wish I was unemployed right now LOL

I never thought there would come a day when I would say something like that. I hand flyers out on weekends, but thats about all I have time for. Its great that you guys have the time to drive all over the place and make connections, pick up signs, drop off supplies, show up at rallies. etc etc etc.......AWESOME!!!

Who knows, maybe when Ron Paul gets elected and gets the IRS off my back, I can take the savings and hire someone to run the show while im out with you guys in the trenches supporting the future liberty candidates.

Keep up the good work guys and girls.

Cindy
07-21-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for typing all of that out after a busy day Raz! Sounds like the set up was hectic for you and I wish I could've been there to help. With such short time to throw it together, sounds like you and your helpers pulled it off with an awesome impact!

What a sweet twist of fate that some one the GOP Board is also involved with those charities and wanted to help and spoke as if, he hoped we would continue with the Good Will campaign trail spamming!

I'll make sure my husband brings his wireless laptop for the food drive at the GOP debates in St. Petes- just in case.......

Funny that the Fox guy saw the good humor in the spam part and was willing to run it if he could get more details sent to him. You know he is at least going to tell the staff there about it.

What I want to know, from anyone is, did HQ and or RP get to find out about it and what were their thoughts on it?

Weird, I am thinking back to the day the I read the first post about Beltram saying RP wasn't welcome at the GOP spartenburg games, and what a positive for all it turned into. Beautiful stuff. Thats the LOVE in the revolution.

Raz, did you see the report where Beltram said he felt like a hero when he left and never recieved so many compliments, and got more then from all the other candidates conferences combined?

Razmear
07-21-2007, 08:04 PM
Watching Fox news at 10 now.

Yeah, I saw the article, says there will be more in Sunday's paper, can't wait.

It wasn't too hectic, just a bit hot outside all day, and some healthy stress.

One thing that i did continually mention was that I might have had the idea, the folks at RonPaulForums.com ran with it and made it happen. I have ideas all the time that never go anywhere, but you all ran with it and made it happen.

We are the campaign that doesn't know the word No, or It Cant Be Done.

Thanks to everyone who helped out both online and at the event!

Long Live The Revolution!

eb

Cindy
07-21-2007, 08:07 PM
Did RP or HQ even get to find out about it and if so, what is their responce to the idea and it being something ongoing?

UCFGavin
07-21-2007, 08:08 PM
day in a rant? don't scare me, i thought it was going to be negative :o

Razmear
07-21-2007, 08:10 PM
Did RP or HQ even get to find out about it and if so, what is their responce to the idea and it being something ongoing?

I don't know if RPHQ was aware of what was happening in front of the building, Ron entered thru a different door. I'm sure someone must have seen something and I talked to a ton of people so one of them could have been with HQ.

eb

Johnnybags
07-21-2007, 08:12 PM

Heck, they are overwhelmed, barely able to bring in all the bank deposits and book itineraries? Rons right, he is the message and we are the campaign, at least until they get a good sense of how to size it. I'd rather it that way, look at all the money the charlatans spent vs. results? Eventually they will mention it, a marvelous idea.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 08:13 PM
Have they moved in yet? I'd be a volunteer at the HQ for free, I'd only need something to eat once in a while and a place to sleep LOL

Razmear
07-21-2007, 08:19 PM
I'd be a volunteer at the HQ for free, I'd only need something to eat once in a while and a place to sleep LOL

I agree!
I was lost my job about a month ago and didn't want to start looking for new work until after Ron Paul got here, so I guess that's what I've been doing.
I'd be glad to work for the campaign for free til November 08, but have to eat and pay the bills, so I'll have to head back to the daily grind.
If RPHQ is looking for a cheap staffer, I could live on about $750 a month and would bust my ass to spread the word for Ron Paul in SC.

eb

Cindy
07-21-2007, 08:20 PM
They closed HQ down on Friday, the day the planning for this was taking place, to do their move. So, they should be rolling in their newer, larger space, ready to bring in more volunteers on Monday morning.

I hope this idea of a Goodwill Campaign Trail food drive gets posted at his web-site. I wonder if there will be copy cats and I think it would be good to make it known, Pauls campaign supporters started it.

Yikes, all of this competitive energy in "pacifist" me lol. It is a race to the WH though and I want Paul to win it.

Razmear
07-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Local FOXnews just did their piece on Ron Paul, played at 40 minutes into the show.
Was about 45 seconds long and rather positive, not bad at all for a FOX station.

eb

quickmike
07-21-2007, 08:50 PM
Local FOXnews just did their piece on Ron Paul, played at 40 minutes into the show.
Was about 45 seconds long and rather positive, not bad at all for a FOX station.

eb

the worm is turning.........sloooooowly:D

MozoVote
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
I think WORD radio is a FOX affiliate, and the general manager of WORD spoke at the Greenville rally to begin the introductions. There is some room for the locals to emphasize news, FOX cronies can't micromanage everything.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
the worm is turning.........sloooooowly:D

yes.. but why never like a REAL piece? why is it always these 30-60 second pieces? I want to see an hour special for god damn's sake! :D

Razmear
07-21-2007, 09:04 PM
Watching the channel 4 news (NBC), lead in was a Paul promo with a "more on that later". Covering local crime incidents first.
2 Minutes in starts Ron Paul story.

Awesome interviews with Paul, no soundbites, long replys.

Calls the internet "A political equalizer", great 2 minute spot.

Ends with Hillary leading dem poll, Rudy leading GOP, reffers people to web for more info on 'all candidates'.

eb

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:09 PM
Watching the channel 4 news (NBC), lead in was a Paul promo with a "more on that later". Covering local crime incidents first.
2 Minutes in starts Ron Paul story.

Awesome interviews with Paul, no soundbites, long replys.

Calls the internet "A political equalizer", great 2 minute spot.

Ends with Hillary leading dem poll, Rudy leading GOP, reffers people to web for more info on 'all candidates'.

eb

hmmm I just turned to channel 4.. will he be on ??

Razmear
07-21-2007, 09:10 PM
Caught Channel 7's coverage of Ron Paul.
It was horrible.
They went back to 9/11, used one clip from Ron saying that "If there was stronger support for the second amendment 9/11 could have been avoided" then cut to next story. Maybe 25 seconds total, not flattering and supporting the Rudy point of view without saying so.

eb

Razmear
07-21-2007, 09:10 PM
hmmm I just turned to channel 4.. will he be on ??

It was already on, and your in New Jersey, we dont have the same channel 4

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
yes.. but why never like a REAL piece? why is it always these 30-60 second pieces? I want to see an hour special for god damn's sake! :D

30-60 seconds now......... remember just 2 months ago, lucky if we got just a name mention at all. Change happens slowly and builds on itself exponentialy(sic?). Maybe 2 weeks from now, we will be complaining about him only getting 3-4 minutes. Id say thats a good thing to have to complain about. Know whutta mean?

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:11 PM
Why would these so called "liberal media" outlets side with an authoritarian like Giuliano? I just don't get it..

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:19 PM
Why would these so called "liberal media" outlets side with an authoritarian like Giuliano? I just don't get it..

Because they know he cant beat Hillary, and thats the ultimate goal. Support someone that cant beat her. The enemy of your friend is sometimes your best ally,especially if that enemy really sucks ass.
Remember, these are some sneaky bastards.

Mom4Ron
07-21-2007, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the update, Eric. I'm so proud of you guys!

I've gotta say, I do hope that this idea grows and can happen at lots of, if not all, Ron Paul events because it emphasizes the part of his message that reminds us that communities CAN be counted on to handle social problems and that individuals will react more willingly without government force.

Way to go!

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the update, Eric. I'm so proud of you guys!

I've gotta say, I do hope that this idea grows and can happen at lots of, if not all, Ron Paul events because it emphasizes the part of his message that reminds us that communities CAN be counted on to handle social problems and that individuals will react more willingly without government force.

Way to go!

The way I see it, if we can do this good in such a tough place like SC, we should show well just about anywhere. Seems every event gets bigger as time goes by. Theres no denying this.

jblosser
07-21-2007, 09:42 PM
The way I see it, if we can do this good in such a tough place like SC, we should show well just about anywhere. Seems every event gets bigger as time goes by. Theres no denying this.

Yeah. Can you imagine the reaction he's going to get speaking to the 50k Iowans at the stadium? I cannot wait to see the results of that vote.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 09:46 PM
Yeah. Can you imagine the reaction he's going to get speaking to the 50k Iowans at the stadium? I cannot wait to see the results of that vote.

Yeah, I have pretty high hopes for that one myself.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Is he gonna win it? :D

FreedomLover
07-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Wow, that made my night reading that. Especially the part about the food for the children's shelter, and the vietnam vet.

It makes me believe that our side is the side of truth and justice. That our message is the best message, one not of fear, but of hope and caring.

Thanks for the write up!

And: when does RP speak at a stadium, are you guys talking about the debate ?

jblosser
07-21-2007, 10:04 PM
The Iowa Straw Poll.

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Is he gonna win it? :D

I think that depends........... Are all 50,000 going to hear him speak? If the answer is yes, or even 30k hear him speak, id say YES definitely.

LibertyEagle
07-21-2007, 10:17 PM

Unfortunately, the straw poll vote is BEFORE they speak. At least that is my understanding.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 10:21 PM
Unfortunately, the straw poll vote is BEFORE they speak. At least that is my understanding.

gawd damn... why? :mad:

quickmike
07-21-2007, 10:21 PM

That seems kinda back asswards:confused:

LibertyEagle
07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
From Dave over in the "news from iowa" thread:

Unfortunately the voting begins at 10 AM and the candidates don't start speeking until 12:45! Lots of people will have voted before the speeches. Ron Paul should be speaking at approximately 1:45 PM and the polls close at 6 PM.

Less than half the people there will be able to get into Hilton to hear the speeches, though they will be broadcast in an adjacent building and the candidates' tents.

Bradley in DC
07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
Have they moved in yet? I'd be a volunteer at the HQ for free, I'd only need something to eat once in a while and a place to sleep LOL

From the Belly of the Beast Meetup group:

Hello RonPaulFans,

Today I had the honor of helping Ron Paul's campaign move their headquarters from Arlington, VA to Arlington, VA.

Why the intra-city shift of location? Because Ron Paul's campaign has achieved maximum runway velocity and is primed for takeoff! The old office was about 350 square feet; the new one is over 3,000 square feet.

But don't take my word for it; come see the office for yourself! The campaign needs volunteers to work four-hour shifts, once per week, at their office near the Virginia Square metro in Arlington. Shifts are Monday-Saturday from 9am-1pm, 12-4pm, 3-7pm, and 6-10pm. Duties will include answering e-mails, making phone calls, office clerical work, and late-night informal policy sessions where it's just you, me, James Hendrickson and Dr. Paul talking sound money and non-interventionism until the wee hours. Hey, could happen.

If you're interested, please contact Don Rasmussen at don@ronpaul2008.com. Please put in all capital letters I WANT TO VOLUNTEER IN THE ARLINGTON OFFICE in the title of the e-mail so Don gets to it quickly; he needs people to start next week, and schedules can be flexible.

I've already signed up for my shift; there are about 14 left of the 24 available, so e-mail Don quick! See those of you who are attending at Nancy Sellers' party tonight.

Matt Gaffney

FreedomLover
07-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Maybe they are getting 50,000 people to vote first, then coming to the stadium for a victory rally? :D

Edit: nvm

Revolution9
07-21-2007, 10:36 PM

"“I left feeling like a hero,” Beltram said. “I got more positive comments after that event than all the other presidential events combined"

Hahaha! Pwned..and he is loving it.. We win again!

Best Regards
Randy

PatriotOne
07-21-2007, 10:39 PM
Wow...3000 feet? Holy Moley. Is there some kind of law that a volunteer can only work a max of 4 hours per week? I really, really, really, wish I could be there. 2300 miles is kind of a long commute though :(

From the Belly of the Beast Meetup group:

Why the intra-city shift of location? Because Ron Paul's campaign has achieved maximum runway velocity and is primed for takeoff! The old office was about 350 square feet; the new one is over 3,000 square feet.

But don't take my word for it; come see the office for yourself! The campaign needs volunteers to work four-hour shifts, once per week, at their office near the Virginia Square metro in Arlington. Shifts are Monday-Saturday from 9am-1pm, 12-4pm, 3-7pm, and 6-10pm. Duties will include answering e-mails, making phone calls, office clerical work, and late-night informal policy sessions where it's just you, me, James Hendrickson and Dr. Paul talking sound money and non-interventionism until the wee hours. Hey, could happen.

JosephTheLibertarian
07-21-2007, 10:41 PM
I wish I could be there.... I got nothing to do! The only problem is that I wouldn't have any place to stay over there, is it a paid job? I would hate taking money from the campaign though.

Razmear
07-22-2007, 08:02 AM
My photos for the day have been uploaded at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10337164@N07/sets/72157600949925401/detail/

with comments and so forth.

eb

Roxi
07-22-2007, 11:08 AM
after 6 pages of thank yous i couldnt really say much that hasnt been said, but i do want to say THANK YOU!!!!! this is an awesome post and made me feel like I was there, you are a great writer and Its people like you that are so important to this campaign. Keep on truckin!

HaroldC
07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
I come down with a caravan from North Carolina. I counted the chairs at the rally. The number I came up with was 1077. But lets say 1050 to 1100. There were some chairs empty in the back. There had to be between nine hundred to a thousand people there. I heard someone from the Greenville County Party say that the attendance was comparable to Hillary's.

BLS
07-22-2007, 11:27 AM
Thanks Razmear for all you did. Sounds like a busy, fun, heartwarming day.

beermotor
07-22-2007, 12:50 PM
My name is Bret, man. Thanks for doing that, I had a great time doing it as well.

WE NEED TO DO THIS AT EVERY RALLY/EVENT EVERYWHERE. That guy who was on the board of directors of the boy's club was VICE PRESIDENT OF THE SPARTANBURG GOP. He told my wife and I that he had never seen as energized a crowd as he had at the luncheon. I was very pleased that we filled it up to capacity.

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 04:03 PM
bump

ghemminger
07-22-2007, 04:32 PM
Great JOB!!

ghemminger
07-22-2007, 04:40 PM

How do we digg - or promote this official article??? So that other papers might carry it???

ghemminger
07-22-2007, 04:55 PM
http://greenvilleonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070722/NEWS01/707220319/1011/NEWS03

"A crowd of approximately 500 greeted Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul on Saturday......Paul, a 71-year-old medical doctor and a U.S. House member from Texas, has a modest but fervent following, some alienated from the political mainstream. His state and national polling numbers range from 1 percent to 3 percent......"

A few in the papers comments section say that his numbers are wrong....

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 06:56 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 09:39 PM
///

ghemminger
07-22-2007, 09:46 PM
In case you missed my other post, the article is up. They used their own pic, no control over that. But it works I think:

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-072307.html

GReat Article Jennifer!

cujothekitten
07-22-2007, 09:48 PM
In case you missed my other post, the article is up. They used their own pic, no control over that. But it works I think:

http://www.gambling911.com/Ron-Paul-072307.html

digg
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_SPAMmers_Spam_local_Charity_With_a_Wall_o f_Food

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 09:51 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 09:52 PM
///

Jennifer Reynolds
07-22-2007, 09:56 PM
///

Razmear
07-23-2007, 06:16 AM
Is there any way to get a link to:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/10337164@N07/sets/72157600949925401/detail/
added to the article?

Those are the pics I took of the Spam Drive.

Thanks for the great write up!

Eric

Razmear
03-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Finally watched the For Liberty movie and that got me looking up some old posts.
Felt like bumping this one.
Great movie if you haven't seen it yet, strange seeing myself, very nostalgic at the moment.

eb

BuddyRey
03-09-2010, 08:00 PM
I still remember that day so vividly! I was just a few feet away from Dr. Paul himself, and even met his wife. What an incredible experience!