PDA

View Full Version : "You will explode after few minutes!"

simranjits
01-09-2008, 06:51 AM
Did anyone else find this funny, they really think americans would believe this crap.

asgardshill
01-09-2008, 06:56 AM
Sounds just like those spam emails I get every day advertising male enhancement products.

clouds
01-09-2008, 01:41 PM
It sounded like a joke. I could see college kids doing this.

nunaem
01-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Yeah, and the voice didnt sound Iranian at all. Sounded like it came out of hell

clouds
01-09-2008, 02:11 PM
I imagine a few other kids snickering in the background as the guy reads this off a piece of paper. Then they see the boats are planning to attack and turn back.

Tugboat1988
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
That was not much different that a ship get leaving San Diego harbor. That said, the Persian Gulf is not San Diego Harbor, and those were American man of war ships of the line. But, who's to say that the small boats were not the Dubai yaght club?

I was in the Gulf a few times on US Naval Ships. A US Naval Ship is a government owned, American Flag ship and often in oceanographic research, maping or other activities related to navagation. Some people call them spy ships. I won't tell you that, but you can believe what you will about it.

In the Gulf, it is common to have speed boats pass close by, many times within feet of the bow of the ship. They do it to break any radar contact they might have tracking them. They do it, because they are smuggling and face extermination by 'other' naval assets from area governments, or competitors. They don't act much different that the boats I see on the cam shots of this event.

US Naval ships don't go around just blowing away speed boats. Although, it came very near this time, I suspect. Next time, I have a suspition, the little gnat speed boats will come to a hard violent end. They will deserve what they get.

Several years ago, I faced down an Iranian gun boat from my white painted US Naval Ship. All I had was a clipboard under my chin and two middle fingers held high above both sides of my head. They might have viewed me as goal posts on you favorite football field and they were read to kick a field goal as their 50 cal guns centered on my chest. I'd of shot back, but my clipboard wouldn't have sailed the 20 yards to their bridge. They turned and went away when those two US Navy jets did that supersonic flyby port and starboard of my ships stack.

Tugboat

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Did anyone else find this funny, they really think americans would believe this crap.

I didn't really know what to make of it. It seemed to stupid to be real, and it seemed too stupid to be fake.

LBennett76
01-09-2008, 03:01 PM
I thought it sounded like an absolutely horrible impersonation. There wasn't even any inflection. It was this monotone blah. I could pull of this impression.
If this is their Gulf of Tonkin... they're going to have to do a little better.... Which I assume they're going to with Bush over there and all. I wouldn't be surprised if there was an "assassination attempt". We shall see.

Johnnybags
01-09-2008, 03:14 PM
who cares if small boats play chicken with the Navy, obviously they are smart enough to know they will be destroyed if they really attack. The most ridiculous "incident" report I have ever seen. All meant to appeal to patriotism. Yeah, that Iranian Navy is really scary, I am surprised they are not on our shores already. THE WORLD IS A DANGEROUS PLACE,A DANGEROUS PLACE, A DANGEROUS PLACE. When is the next primary so I can look for the next Release.

mjp1025
01-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Did anyone see any human beings on these "boats?"

Dieseler
01-09-2008, 06:16 PM
I call fake.

sharedvoice
01-09-2008, 08:12 PM
I've been through the straight of Hormuz now 4 times now. This just sounds fishy to me. :rolleyes:

The USS Hopper (DDG-70) is no Joke and usually doesn't travel alone... The Iranians know better.

http://www.fileshack.us/get_file.php?id=105089&file=30326482ve2a.jpg

Tugboat1988
01-09-2008, 08:13 PM
No, I doubt that it's fake.

There is another way to deal with people like that though. I've tried it on ships there, and in areas frequented by pirates. Hay, don't laugh, they are real in this world. Goole it if you don't believe me. They only have two reasons for boarding your ship. First, they want to cut your throat. Next doesn't matter any more.

But that only points out the serious matter most of the posts on this thread indicate. You don't get it. You won't get it until you sail those waters.

My 'other' method of dealing with boats that wanted to harrass my ship, or want to blow it up, or want to board it is a simple one and effective. Set up a fire hose on the sanitary overboard, (that's raw sewage), and spray it overboard in the downwind direction. They speedboat people become defiled and most often leave. It saves wasting ammo on other garbage.

Tugboat

simranjits
01-09-2008, 11:37 PM
I was refering to the voice and the message they supposedly sent. U must listen to it before u say anything . Its hilarious.