PDA

View Full Version : New mission

jason43
01-09-2008, 06:32 AM
We need to start thinking about money bombs (or other fundraising efforts) to get some allies in congress. This thing is really a freedom movement, but it has been referred to as a personality cult around Ron himself. I think we should start making efforts to put that to rest. If we all got together and researched the 5 most vulnerable congressional districts, or our 5 strongest congressional candidates, we could make some serious inroads in congress. $20 million for the quarter is awesome, but its pretty much required in the Presidential Race to be competitive. In a congressional race, 1 million is a ton of money.

I think we need to start focusing on that so that in 4 or 8 years, after we have expanded these ideas, we will have another candidate that we can get to run under the Republican banner. Otherwise this is all for nothing and will be over at the end of 2008.

This is not to say that we give up on RP, it is just to say that we need to expand our efforts and look to the future and start some planning while we work the primary states.

Maybe a well funded Draft Rand Paul effort???

Or some of these candidates?

Paul Congress (http://www.paulcongress.com/)

Change
01-09-2008, 06:59 AM
I think you are right! I suggest expanding on that idea and see if RP can reach out to a Republican Senator in Michigan that wants some attention on a bill or recent win they just had to lower taxes, or improved a economic policy. All politics are local. With the Republican party fractured, it is time to pull some on some of the Republicans locally to see if they want some RP press as he moves into their State. I know in my home state these politicians are dying for some national exposure

Change
01-09-2008, 07:05 AM
You don't have to have his endorsement to compliment him on this win.
example: BISHOP ANNOUNCES FINAL REPEAL OF SERVICE TAX

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Senate Majority Leader Michael D. Bishop (R-Rochester) released the following statement today after the Senate repealed the expanded sales tax to services:

"After the Michigan House ducked out of work early this week, the Senate rolled up its sleeves and worked until the job got done.

"The task at hand was to repeal a job-killing, business-killing tax. There's no excuse for any legislators to have turned their back on that responsibility.

"The good news is Senate Republicans got the job done for more than 70,000 Michigan businesses by cutting the Democrats' proposed surcharge on business by 42 percent. We fought long and hard to repeal this tax before it could do irreparable economic damage. Michigan's job providers can breathe a sigh of relief that this tax died an early death.

"Not only was the service tax repealed, the replacement represents a net tax cut for Michigan taxpayers and job providers. This was exactly the right message to send to our hard-working families and the ailing business community, at a time when our state needs it the most.

"Signing this repeal will represent the first real, positive step for our state that the governor has made this year and will hopefully start Michigan down a path towards the prosperity we once knew."

RP should then expand on this by say, these are babysteps but well done by the Party, we need somelike myself to continue down this growth approach to governing, bla, bla, bla..

Change
01-09-2008, 07:08 AM
RP should considering calling him and giving him a Good Job plug and maybe put it out in a Press Release or something.

FreeMind&Market
01-09-2008, 07:45 AM
I agree with you - we need to keep promoting The Message.