PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Grassroots Strategy Suggestions

santopia
01-09-2008, 06:03 AM
Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

I have a few suggestions...would like to see more.

In SC let's focus on NEW ideas and what has WORKED for us thus far.

1. Don't hold your breath waiting for MSM coverage. Don't spend time and energy bitching about which talking head dissed or didn't mention RP.

2. Sign wavers. BE POLITE. Don't do or say anything that will give the MSM reason to call you nuts. BE PROFESSIONAL. People don't want to vote for a bunch of perceived anarchists. (Case in point: Nationally televised video of supporters carrying [gasp] Revolution signs chasing nationally syndicated talk show hosts doesn't sit well with the average American).

3. USE THE INTERNET. This is what propelled us this far. we need to step it up and get the message out via the internet to overcome the MSM blackout.

4. Go door to door. Again, be professional. Look and be respectable. Do not argue or get agressive. People in the south have, and expect, good manners.

5. Make people aware of the PROBLEMS that face this country. Focus less on pimping Dr. Paul and more on EDUCATING the public about the problems that exist. Voters must be aware of (and afraid of) the problems before they will vote for the solution.

We need to overcome 2 obstacles to win SC. First is the MSM blackout which will continue. Second is the negative image RP supporters have developed over the past months.

Other ideas???

liberteebell
01-09-2008, 06:19 AM
Good suggestions! Especially about our behavior. Unfortunately, since they can't smear Dr. Paul, the msm is going to seek any and all poor behavior on the part of the supporters. Sad but true.

I believe that Dr. Paul needs to take advantage of *local* radio and tv since national media outlets are ignoring him. Just about any local host would LOVE to have an actual presidential candidate on their show. And it's FREE advertising.

noztnac
01-09-2008, 06:21 AM
Home schooling contacts in SC. Send info re: Ron Paul and home schooling.

Here's a Ron Paul speech:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQP5KVM5tB8

Here's an official link:
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/home-schooling/
http://www.carolinahomeschooler.com/
Homeward Education Association
6 Professional Court
Sumter, SC 29150
rachelward@homewarded.com

Palmetto Homeschool Association
P.O. Box 486
Lancaster, SC 29721
director@palmettoha.org

Palmetto Independent Educators
P.O. Box 2475
Aiken, SC 29802
MPIELady@msn.com

Palmetto State Association of Homeschools
PO Box 638
Gaffney, SC 29342
palmettostate@bellsouth.net

REACH the TOP
PO Box 3525
Irmo, SC 29063
RTT@reachgroup.org

Grace Homeschool Association
PO Box 12672
Florence, SC 29501
gloria@graceemail.org

oneporter
01-09-2008, 07:45 AM
1. Get a advertisement in every local paper in the next week, sponsored by and including the names of the local meet up group.

2. Dvd drop, try to drop dvds with a handout asking the recipient to give it a try, watch for a minute or two and if you aren't interested after that, give it or throw it away..

I'm in Rock Hill, SC, and we're working on both of these. Does anyone know how we could get a few thousand dvds real quick?

oneporter
01-09-2008, 07:47 AM
**deleted**

thisisgiparti
01-10-2008, 12:11 AM
when talking to people, if they say they are supporting another candidate, just give them literature (if they want it) and move on quickly. save the discussions for friends and family and ignore volunteers for other campaigns, unless you're breaking the ice at a function.

the goal is to get as many names as possible and talk to as many people as possible. GOTV

nicky6
01-10-2008, 04:25 PM
I have had positive results mailing to specific business types. It helps that I was able to get business envelopes with a company letterhead that is of the same type of business I am mailing to.

I mailed something to all machine shops in south carolina, from A-H.

I think we should blanket South Carolina, every business, every business type.

I used http://www.lettersforall.com

go ron!

work2win
01-10-2008, 11:34 PM
I've read about NH, and a few things have become evident:

1. Young people still don't turn out in high numbers
2. Seniors DO turn out in high numbers.
3. A lot of people make up their mind at the last minute, and are probably not that informed.
4. Other campaigns sucessfully sign bomb the last couple days before the election.
5. Paul doesn't seem to be getting much of the conservative vote.

I think we've captured the majority of the "thinking" voters that we can, although there are probably some out there we can still pick up. The areas we need to be putting the attention are on seniors, conservatives, and impulse voters.

-target and appeal to seniors (newspaper ads reach them, for example)
-try to increase appeal to conservatives (show how Ron Paul is STRONGER on the military and defense)
-try to snag impulse voters with a MASSIVE show of signs and support in the couple days before and ON ELECTION DAY. We also might want to consider some cheesy gimmicks and slogans that might make us puke, but will get out the whimsical vote.

asceth
01-11-2008, 12:25 AM
I'd like to emphasize the point (since I live in SC) that people coming from other states need to know that we expect good manners from people. Be professional. Talk to the seniors, they are really involved and in the case of most are the biggest talkers. Get them talking about Ron Paul and it becomes viral without you even trying.

My aunt for instance talk to me about Ron Paul and how she was trying to get my Uncle to go vote. They are interested because they see they can help their children and future generations.

noztnac
01-12-2008, 10:12 AM
I'd like to emphasize the point (since I live in SC) that people coming from other states need to know that we expect good manners from people. Be professional. Talk to the seniors, they are really involved and in the case of most are the biggest talkers. Get them talking about Ron Paul and it becomes viral without you even trying.

My aunt for instance talk to me about Ron Paul and how she was trying to get my Uncle to go vote. They are interested because they see they can help their children and future generations.

Ma'am and sir should be used when talking to older people.

ken locke
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
We want to help as much as we can....
The truck and trailer is still dressed up with all the banners and signs,stickers. It proved its self well on the road during our Ron Paul Riders support team.
We have share Ron's message with many since we came home , road signs put up. Super sign bomb in Cashiers ,NC to Sylva, NC 20

We would like to be on the road more, and are ready to start today, but we have our family responsibilities at home too.

Most important our children.
, this is a moment in history that all is on the line, they need to learn and understand how their country is protected and reclaimed though non violent means, and how important Our Constitution is, so we will bring them with us, whole family agrees excellent life/learning experience.
We as a family support Ron Paul and his word and message, and as a family will serve as a family, that is a powerful statement.
We believe, us helping and serving in such manner, will awake thousands of other families out there to do the same.

We would help Ron Paul across the United States,

A great advertising idea/strategy is the states are in a order in which the primaries are held and debates scheduled. my truck/trailer is available, being well covered with banner,signs,etc, to roll the roads and locations , stop as we did on the Ron Paul Riders journey and hand out thousands of slim jims , get people registered, yard signs planted, stickers on cars, buttons .....Interviews for You Tube ( we learned so much a few weeks ago).
Also re modify my truck camper top, in which my flat screen TV can be installed, and have Ron Paul videos running.
We enjoy photography,and are working on a slide show of our journey as the supprt team for the Mike Maresco/Ron Paul Riders, from West Point,Ga to Washington DC , We would like to be a news reporter team for Ron, giving him another avenue to get his word out .

and use the bicycles for additional ground support at debates primaries,etc.

We hope you will share this with all and Ron, You have a blimp and a mobile ground blimp

Sincerely,

Ken Locke and Shirley Kendrick and Family
ken_locke2001@yahoo.com
828 293 5323 home

"We The People have called upon the Constitution to protect us, Now. The Constitution calls upon We the People to protect it."

Ron Paul President 2008 Hope for America

santopia
01-12-2008, 06:08 PM
People in SC love their guns.

Bush's recent attack on the supreme court's decision to overturn the DC gun ban may get some play down here.

It's also another reason to be polite. Most people will be packing when they open the door. :)