PDA

View Full Version : Hire Karl Rove

SneakyFrenchSpy
01-09-2008, 06:01 AM
As much as I despise the man, this article has a lot of compelling points. I still think it'd be an off-the-wall insane idea, especially for the independent / dem vote.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article1044.html (http://www.nolanchart.com/article1044.html)

Rove's lack of integrity and blood-thirst need for power would balance Ron Paul's complete integrity and no desire for power. Why do you think Ron Paul doesn't bicker on stage but instead just explains his policies? Rove could change this. Paul may even say something as off-putting as, "You keep talking about a position I changed my mind on from 20 years ago when I was running for President as the nominee of a different party; ever notice how these guys are 'clarifying' what they said just a few weeks ago?" or "How can the Democrats live with themselves? Do they not realize that the people who can't afford health insurance or to go to college doesn't have a damned thing to do with upholding their Oath of Office to Protect the Constitution of the United States? If they would repeal all of the crap that our government does but has no right to do, health insurance would be easy to afford."

Drknows
01-09-2008, 06:02 AM
hell no.

SeanEdwards
01-09-2008, 06:12 AM
Rove would take Paul's money and betray him.

idiom
01-09-2008, 06:27 AM
Rove is a sell sword. He pushes the message of whoever pays him.

Lars
01-09-2008, 06:52 AM
No way - Ron must - and will - be true to his own message. He is doing great. If people are not ready for the message there is not much Ron can do. I think we are much too hard on him - give him a break.

llepard
01-09-2008, 07:06 AM
As much as I despise the man, this article has a lot of compelling points. I still think it'd be an off-the-wall insane idea, especially for the independent / dem vote.

NFW. You cannot use the devil to spread god's message.

Have faith, we do not need this dirt bag.

mosquitobite
01-09-2008, 07:07 AM

_o_

familydog
01-09-2008, 07:08 AM
Lol hire him.

He'll get Ron elected.

Ron should fire him upon taking office.

Kingfisher
01-09-2008, 07:09 AM

Right!

Johncjackson
01-09-2008, 07:52 AM

People have already been doing this for years. There are people who have been eating off of Paul for 30 years who have used his name to make money and solicit donations, allow his name to be smeared in the press, and everything else. And those are his friends.

At least if Rove took his money he might get something for it.

walt
01-09-2008, 07:53 AM

and that would be different from the current situation exactly how?

noztnac
01-09-2008, 07:56 AM
Not Karl Rove... but someone!

walt
01-09-2008, 07:56 AM
People have already been doing this for years. There are people who have been eating off of Paul for 30 years who have used his name to make money and solicit donations, allow his name to be smeared in the press, and everything else. And those are his friends.

At least if Rove took his money he might get something for it.

Yep, What disgusts me the most is the people who took money away from local activities and did things that got them 15 minutes of fame - and the fools who wrongly worshiped them.

Bern
01-09-2008, 07:59 AM
If Ron Paul is serious about winning the GOP nomination, he needs to get some professional marketing, speech writing and political campaigning help. Anyone who has ever been successful in creating a product and selling it for a profit knows that marketing is the key - you can have the absolute greatest product in the world, but without professional marketing, most businesses will flounder and/or fail.

Redcard
01-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Hire Karl Rove and I'll not vote for Ron Paul, no matter what.

Karl Rove stands for everything that is wrong with politics all wrapped into one package.

Johncjackson
01-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Hire Karl Rove and I'll not vote for Ron Paul, no matter what.

Karl Rove stands for everything that is wrong with politics all wrapped into one package.

Politics is a dirty business. Participating in the political system is a choice. Many of our friends and supporters stay home and do not vote at all. Which is preferable?

Redcard
01-09-2008, 09:31 AM
Politics is a dirty business. Participating in the political system is a choice. Many of our friends and supporters stay home and do not vote at all. Which is preferable?

Karl Rove makes people win by lying about other people.. by creating straw men of other people and bashing those straw men apart using fears and prejudices. He used it against McCain in South Carolina a few years back, in a Push Poll that called white religious people and asking:

"Would you be more or less likely to vote for McCain knowing that he has a child who was born to a black woman and is not married to that woman?"

John McCain has a child who was adopted. The child is black. The biological mother, obviously, is black.

Now, I know McCain is not everyone's best friend here, but he didn't deserve THAT. His child doesn't deserve to be called a bastard by inference in a push-poll. The man was attacked, not on his policies, but because he was trying to do the right thing in a child's life.

Karl Rove played on the fear of others, the fear that hicks in South Carolina have of mixing the races, and he used that to drive a wedge. It was enough to cost McCain the presidential nomination. If that'd happened, Iraq MIGHT not be in the mess it's in now. We might not even BE there now. There's NO telling.

Now, fear is what was used against the american people to get them in to Iraq. Fear is what was used by Karl Rove to sell the message.

If Ron Paul hires that man, or even hints at it.. then Ron Paul's opinions and issues are WORTHLESS. Everything he says is S#!t at that point.

You do not sell out the principles of your message just so you can win. That type of thing makes you into a hypocrite.