53. Willett, Robert J.
54. Zanona, Joseph R.

http://www.voterinfonet.com/sub/view_all_candidates.asp

dkim68
01-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Anyone?

brutus1
01-09-2008, 07:26 PM
I e-mailed HQ regarding this. Hopefully they'll answer back to me soon enough. I'll see what the local meetup group has to say as well. I'll try to get back to you ASAP.

dkim68
01-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks, mon. By the way, does everyone understand the significance of next month's primary election? The candidate who wins the most delegates wins the Republican party nomination. Voter turnout needs to be HUGE for Ron Paul to win.

John Metcalf
01-10-2008, 09:17 PM
Ron Paul has a slate of delegates in every Congressional District in Illinois. Voting for Paul is appreciated, but it is the delegates who will attend the convention and their votes which will nominate him. Vote for the delegates and for the alternate delegates! I am one of them.

Get a sample ballot in your precinct and find where Ron Paul is listed, where the delegates are, and where the alternate delegates are. Vote for all of them. The name of the candidate appears by each delegate and alternate. You don't have to know who the delegates are, just vote for the ones that are followed by "Ron Paul" in parentheses.

You can vote for four delegates and four alternates. Failure to vote for Paul, and also the slate, could result in him not getting delegates. Please take the time to find and vote for the alternates too, otherwise there is the possibility that a Paul delegate unable to serve could be replaced by a non-Paul delegate.

In my precinct, the ballot is very confusing. Please review it before the primary, and show it to friends.

brutus1
01-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Thanks a lot man!

dkim68
01-10-2008, 10:34 PM
Ron Paul has a slate of delegates in every Congressional District in Illinois. Voting for Paul is appreciated, but it is the delegates who will attend the convention and their votes which will nominate him. Vote for the delegates and for the alternate delegates! I am one of them.

Get a sample ballot in your precinct and find where Ron Paul is listed, where the delegates are, and where the alternate delegates are. Vote for all of them. The name of the candidate appears by each delegate and alternate. You don't have to know who the delegates are, just vote for the ones that are followed by "Ron Paul" in parentheses.

You can vote for four delegates and four alternates. Failure to vote for Paul, and also the slate, could result in him not getting delegates. Please take the time to find and vote for the alternates too, otherwise there is the possibility that a Paul delegate unable to serve could be replaced by a non-Paul delegate.

In my precinct, the ballot is very confusing. Please review it before the primary, and show it to friends.
This is very important information. Is this something Lisa Wogan or somebody could mass e-mail to everyone in Illinois? I fear many voters will simply vote for Paul but skip the delegate votes because they don't understand their significance.

roshi
01-11-2008, 06:40 PM
The delegates for Ron Paul are

Anthony Leonardo
Nicolas A. Ayala

Alternates are:
Clifford R. Pitts
David Pozniak

dkim68
01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Okay, found 'em. Original post updated.

dkim68
01-13-2008, 12:05 AM
Hold on... I'll be updating the list with respective Congressional District numbers soon.

Ill_Delegate
01-15-2008, 02:46 AM
In the 16th district (Don Manzullo's) the delegate candidates are:

* FELKER, SAMUEL DAVID, ROCKFORD, IL
* HAZELBOWER, JR., JAMES H., LANARK, IL
* RAINBOLT IV, JAMES, ALGONQUIN, IL
* JUFFERNBRUCH, DANIEL W., BARRINGTON HILLS, IL

The 16th district alternate candidates are:

* HARRISON, CLYDE C., CARY, IL
* JENNER, CHRISTOPHER J., CARY, IL
* LANE, BENJAMIN J., MARENGO, IL
* BENNETT, JOYCE, ROCKFORD, IL

= = = = =

I don't know why the 16th district delegates aren't on your list I am one of them.

dkim68
01-15-2008, 06:00 AM
I don't know why the 16th district delegates aren't on your list I am one of them.
I don't either. It's the Cook County Clerk's site. Is there another source for IL delegate information?

angelatc
01-15-2008, 06:51 AM

JustAnAmerican
01-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Wait... so Illinois is also having caucuses?! Can someone give me a crash course in what to do, as I live in Chicago?

RPinUptownChi
01-23-2008, 01:17 PM
The campaign website needs to have this under the Illinois tab, this is crucial, it needs to be super-easy to access!

Paul4Prez
01-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Wait... so Illinois is also having caucuses?! Can someone give me a crash course in what to do, as I live in Chicago?

Not a caucus, but a direct delegate election (which determines who goes to the national convention) and a presidential primary "beauty contest" (which matters not at all, except for bragging rights.) Sounds like they are on the same ballot, and you have to vote for the Ron Paul delegates, as well as Ron Paul.