PDA

View Full Version : How do we get stupid people to vote for Ron?

Razmear
01-09-2008, 04:13 AM
Any rational thinking person should understand why its so important for Ron Paul to be the next President, but how do we convince the not so bright, MSM Spoonfed, possible inbred and infatuated by shiny objects voting block to put a mark next to Ron's name?

Suggestions?

eb

Dave Pedersen
01-09-2008, 04:17 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=83427

Isupportliberty
01-09-2008, 04:28 AM
first, stop insulting them.
second, listen to what issues they care about and then show them how dr. paul has the solution.
third, repeat.

Abobo
01-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Fear mongering seems to work for the establishment. You could always stress the coming collapse of the dollar -- get them wetting them self in fear.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Fear mongering seems to work for the establishment. You could always stress the coming collapse of the dollar -- get them wetting them self in fear.

Yea we need to get Ron on an infomercial nation wide, Ross Perot style, with graphs and pie charts and lay it all our really simple for them how they will be broke and have no money.. It seemed to work. Only bad thing is there are SO many more channels available to watch these days than when perot did that...

Cyclone
01-09-2008, 04:49 AM
Any rational thinking person should understand why its so important for Ron Paul to be the next President, but how do we convince the not so bright, MSM Spoonfed, possible inbred and infatuated by shiny objects voting block to put a mark next to Ron's name?

Suggestions?

eb

People are not as stupid as you think. If you simply break it down for them they will get it. But that is the thing. You have to TELL them. So far, in my state, a super Tuesday state I have not seen one ad, one message, one anything explaining who Ron Paul or what he stands for. Oh, we have thousands of stupid signs everywhere but no one bothered to follow that up with ads in newspapers.

I call 20-50 people a day. About 90% don't know who he is. So how are they going to vote for him? I have an 80% convert rate. All I have to do is tell them and they are interested. So, it is real easy. Spend some bloody money on ads and other things that affect the over 15 crowd and tell people about Ron Paul and stop spending money on gimmicks like a blimp.

I can tell you from experience, that 100,000 signs saying who is Ron Paul or Ron Paul revolution doesn't translate into VOTES. Neither does a blimp.

You need to get the message out.

It is time for people to realize that being cute doesn't win elections. Go watch Obama, go watch Hillary. See what they are doing. Copy their strategy. What they are doing is working. What we are doing is not.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Offer them free cable and beer for a year. Absolutely guaranteed you'll get their vote. Not doubt about it.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 05:33 AM
Put him on the Arsenio Hall Show with a Saxaphone.. Doh..

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-09-2008, 05:34 AM
Go watch Obama, go watch Hillary. See what they are doing. Copy their strategy. What they are doing is working. What we are doing is not.

Join the CFR and sell out to the establishment?

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 05:45 AM
Everywhere I look, I see debt people.

People who are in debt up to their eyeballs for their house, their cars, their possessions.

People who think nothing of running up thousands on a credit card, 10's of thousands on car loans, hundreds of thousands on a mortgage.

People who think home equity is an ATM machine.

People who think by using credit cards and getting a 1% bonus they are beating the system.

People who have no savings.

People who live from paycheck to paycheck and consider themselves middle-class because they have a big screen TV with 300 channels.

Everywhere I look I see debt people, and these are the people voting our country into bankruptcy.

I'm not perfect, I've run my share of debt, and I still have a mortgage that I'm trying to pay off 20 years earlier than I have to.

But if the vast majority of people are STUPID enough, and yes I do mean STUPID enough to think living their personal lives deeply in debt is normal and smart thing to do, then why should I be surprised when they vote for politicians who promise them the moon on a 100 year payment plan?

Keep fighting the good fight for Ron Paul. I will. But take care of you and yours first. You will never be rich with credit card payments, student loan payments, car payments, or mortgage payments.

Debt is a trap, and the debtor is slave to the lender. Get out of debt, get out of bondage.

Just my 2 cents. Well, actually I'll keep those two cents and apply them to my mortgage :)