PDA

View Full Version : We have everything we need to win in the NH exit polls

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 03:39 AM
I'm sick of saying this, and people keep pushing these topics off of the front

This is the most important thing we have right now, and it's all the ammunition we need to win...IT'S THAT IMPORTANT!!!!!!!

Analyze it and you will come to the same results as me...we can win this thing if we focus on the pro-war vote and the economy, get better ads, and just generally pound his head into the average american's head with non-stop ads.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#NHREP

dspectre
01-09-2008, 03:41 AM
hawk,

Thank you so much for your post. I think we need them because there is an extreme amount of unnecessary negativity on the forums.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 03:47 AM
63% of NH approves of the war in Iraq
49% of NH believes the economy is Good or Excellent

Why did people think Paul would do good here? 50%+ of the people are out of touch with reality!

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 03:55 AM
63% of NH approves of the war in Iraq
49% of NH believes the economy is Good or Excellent

Why did people think Paul would do good here? 50%+ of the people are out of touch with reality!

WRONG!

You didn't read it correctly, the anti-war vote went to McCain. Why they voted for him when we had who they wanted is what we are looking for.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 03:57 AM
WRONG!

You didn't read it correctly, the anti-war vote went to McCain. Why they voted for him when we had who they wanted is what we are looking for.

What do you mean wrong? :confused:

It says clearly, nothing to read...

[CAPTION: U.S. War in Iraq]
Approve: 63%
Disapprove: 35%

Yes, 44% of that 35% went to McCain, but still, the majority of NH approves of the war... so how is this good for Ron?

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 04:04 AM
Well let's see, McCain got 49% of the somewhat disapprove, and 38% of the strongly disapprove, more than any other candidate.

Let's not also forget that he got more pro ron paul supporters than paul got!

manny
01-09-2008, 05:37 AM
Thankfully there haven't been as many pessimistic threads as after Iowa. RP isn't really trying and he has now beaten Rudy and Thompson in a primary/caucus each.

}McCain will be haunted nationwide for calling for a 10,000yr war. Pro-amnesty for illegals.
}Rudy is a cross-dressing, social liberal, gun-grabber in the wrong party. Also madly pro-war and very ignorant.
}Mitt can't make his mind up on anything.
}Huckabee makes Bush look like a genius. No qualities beyond playing bass.
}Thompson has yet to appear at a debate - I have it on good authority that he is just a cardboard cut-out.

(OK I'm joking the last one).

In short a pathetic bunch. RP has millions of dollars and a lot of grass-roots support. He'll be in this until the very end, I promise you.

What can we do - to win; getting the nomination is a very real possibility. The early states are all about expectations. The media have been saying RP is at 0-2%. Well he now has 10% then 8%; not bad. But importantly above expectations. Nobody is writing off Rudy despite his 3% in Iowa. Romney was stupid to put so much in the early states- Ron was smarter. So what can we do - seems to me a few things:

1) Become a precint captain
2) Donate to campaign & get others to do so.
3) Door-to-door canvassing. I think this is the most important. The best way - by miles - to get the info out.
4) Support grass-roots projects - ads, blimps whatever
5) Join meet-up groups
6) Check out this thread:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/boards/view/viewthread?thread=4010294

These local ads seemed to have had a great impact. And on this board there are seemingly endless different ads/images/letters to choose from.

Keep fighting :)

manny
01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Forgot to ad - the other thing we can do is to emphasize the anti-war credentials of RP.

America is against the war, no ifs and no buts.

No wonder Fox were so desperate to exclude RP. I would guess that a lot of the MCCain NH voters believed they were voting for a more measured, betetr executed foreign policy as the lesser of two evils and didn't even know what RP had to offer.

We should push this angle any chance we get.

Maybe link up with some anti-war groups? I don't know - but it seems an obviously popular policy many support and understand (in contrast to, for example, debates on currency reform or whatever).

saahmed
01-09-2008, 06:11 AM
I think there is an indication that a lot of people who like Ron Paul did not vote for him because they do not think he can win. This is evident by the fact that Ron Paul did not get the highest percentage of votes among people who viewed him as favorable. So, we definitely need to push people to vote their minds and try to show them proof the Paul can win.

RollOn2day
01-09-2008, 07:16 AM
For better or worse, this is a primary for the GOP. There are alot of RP supporters that are not voting for him in the primary. Why? Because it DOES matter to them that they vote for someone they think has a shot at the nomination. They do not see him as a viable GOP option.

Now give them an acutal election with the GOP puppet and the DEM puppet and Ron Paul as a third party candidate.....and you will see a real horse race!

This was supported yesterday in a conversation I had with a Mitt Romney supporter. He said he liked a lot of what Ron Paul was saying but didn't consider him a real possibility....FOR THE NOMINATION!

So I asked the question, " Who would you vote for if Mitt was running for the GOP, the Dems had any of their front runners and Ron Paul were running as a third party."

He said he would have to think really hard about that one. He said he was a previous Ross Perot supporter and would be very inclined to support Ron Paul in a general election...just not in the GOP primaries.

Hang in there folks! This is only the start of a very viable third party run.