PDA

View Full Version : upcoming Republican Debate schedule and criteria

mendo_liberty
01-09-2008, 03:09 AM
January 10, 2008: Fox News holds a Republican debate moderated by Brit Hume from South Carolina

January 24, 2008: MSNBC hosts a Republican Presidential debate from Florida Atlantic University

January 30, 2008: CNN and the Los Angeles Times host a debate of the Republican candidates in California

RP will be participating at the FOX sponsored debate being held in Myrtle Beach, SC.

The "Before You Vote" (hosted by Florida Atlantic U.) Debate criteria as set by Leadership Florida Statewide Community Foundation, Inc., Florida Public Broadcasting Service, Inc., and Florida Press Association: link (http://www.beforeyouvote.org/index.php?p=debates)

The candidate must have at least 10% support (including the full benefit of the standard margin of error) among all likely voters who will participate in that candidate’s primary as determined by a poll conducted by Mason-Dixon Polling & Research. By way of example, if a poll shows a candidate receiving 8% support among all registered voters, and if the poll’s standard margin of error is 3%, the candidate’s support, including the full benefit of the standard margin of error, is 11%. If such a candidate meets the other criteria set forth in these Rules, that candidate would qualify to be invited to participate in the debate.

[..]

...the candidate must receive at least 10% support in the final Mason-Dixon poll conducted on or before January 15, 2008.

The Partners will not accept any other polling results, specifically including but not limited to any polling results paid for or otherwise obtained, directly or indirectly, by a candidate, a candidate’s campaign, or any supporter of the candidate.

The Ronald Reagan Foundation pre-Super Tuesday Debate criteria as set by CNN, the L.A. Times and Politco.com: link (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1207/7543.html)

...candidates will be invited if they place in one of the top four spots in an early-voting state and receive at least 5 percent in either a California survey conducted by the organizers or any one of 10 nationally identified media-sponsored polls in January.

[..]

For Republicans, the list of possible contests includes Iowa, Wyoming, New Hampshire, Michigan, Nevada, South Carolina and Florida.

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 03:13 AM
Looks like Paul definitely won't be invited to the Florida debate as the deadline has already passed. He may get to the California debate, but he needs at least one top 4 finish and 5% in the state.

mendo_liberty
01-09-2008, 03:21 AM
Looks like Paul definitely won't be invited to the Florida debate as the deadline has already passed. He may get to the California debate, but he needs at least one top 4 finish and 5% in the state.

Ok, I edited the post. He's not out of the FLA debate yet, but that is likely:

the candidate must receive at least 10% support in the final Mason-Dixon poll conducted on or before January 15, 2008

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 03:25 AM
6 days from now. He's as good as out.

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 03:29 AM
RP should show up to the Fox news Debate with a copy of the 9/11 commission report and literally read passages out of it to disprove the giuliani & co BULLSHIT.

I'd love to see the looks on their faces when he breaks out the book and exposes the truth to the people watching. they'd be shocked. shocked, i tell you.

fox news viewers would probably get turned off though. I dont think they'd vote for somebody that READS.

mendo_liberty
01-09-2008, 01:29 PM
bump it up, let it be known

Richie
01-09-2008, 01:33 PM
He needs to give each of them a pocket Constitution, and read directly out of the 9/11 Commission report for all of his foreign policy answers.

mendo_liberty
01-14-2008, 12:29 AM
bump

Goldwater Conservative
01-14-2008, 12:55 AM
He'll be at the CNN one, at least. If nothing else, one or two of the other candidates WILL have dropped out by then, which makes finishing fourth all the easier. Then again, maybe he's just missed fourth place twice already for a reason...

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-14-2008, 01:01 AM
January 24, 2008: MSNBC hosts a Republican Presidential debate from Florida Atlantic University

Oh snap. Is this one still on?? The Ron Paul Limo might be able to make it to this one... it can drop Ron off at the debate in style. :)

mendo_liberty
01-14-2008, 10:44 PM
He'll be at the CNN one, at least. If nothing else, one or two of the other candidates WILL have dropped out by then, which makes finishing fourth all the easier. Then again, maybe he's just missed fourth place twice already for a reason...

It is a long shot at this point. Fred has a chance to win SC. I don't think he is going anywhere.

Goldwater Conservative
01-14-2008, 11:17 PM
It is a long shot at this point. Fred has a chance to win SC. I don't think he is going anywhere.

If he does, and if Romney wins tomorrow, I will officially proclaim that I smell a rat. That would be far too ideal a scenario for both the Democrats and Rudy.

evadmurd
01-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Maybe we can use the precedent now set by a court that forced an upcoming debate to include Kucinich or face an injunction. That would be an interesting twist.

mendo_liberty
01-15-2008, 10:50 PM
Looks as if RP is going to qualify for the debate in California with a 4th place finish in MI.

What about FLA? The final qualifying poll needed to be conducted by today.