PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 Commission Report- RP should THROW THE BOOK AT THEM!

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 02:29 AM
quite literally.

I was referencing through the 9/11 commission report today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgDfLhVXM8), and I found passages in the 2nd chapter that EXPLICITLY support what RP has been saying about how our support for repressive regimes fans the flames of Islamic Radicalism. I'm not sure when the next debate is, but when it happens, RP should bring a copy of the 9/11 Commission Report and READ IT OUT LOUD TO THEM. I'd love to see how they try to upstage that.

Paulitician
01-09-2008, 02:36 AM
quite literally.

I was referencing through the 9/11 commission report today (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDgDfLhVXM8), and I found passages in the 2nd chapter that EXPLICITLY support what RP has been saying about how our support for repressive regimes fans the flames of Islamic Radicalism. I'm not sure when the next debate is, but when it happens, RP should bring a copy of the 9/11 Commission Report and READ IT OUT LOUD TO THEM. I'd love to see how they try to upstage that.
Indeed, when Giuliani said terrorism has nothing to do with our foreign policy in the last debate, Ron Paul should have brought up the 9/11 Commission Report, since Giuliani is so "Mr. 9/11."

Oliver
01-09-2008, 02:36 AM
HT (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 03:03 AM
up

wbbgjr
01-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Great Idea.

See. These kind of ideas which would make dramatic theater and would get in the minds of the sheeps are lost on the HQ.

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 01:32 PM
up

humanic
01-09-2008, 03:16 PM
bump-- this is a great idea.

itshappening
01-09-2008, 03:20 PM
Please contact the campaign!

partypooper
01-09-2008, 03:22 PM
quite literally.

that won't help because they are aware of his position on this and might even believe him that is a part of 9/11 report. besides, he won't have enough time to read from the book.

he needs to

1) emphasize that our foreign policy is a significant contributing factor - not the only factor in terrorism. as he is fond of repeating, we have bases in 130 countries, but we are only attacked by people from a few. so, in addition to foreign policy there exist other reasons. he needs to acknowledge that and explain that if we move out from the middle east we will have more allies to help us deal with "real" islamic terrorists - those that are not motivated by our foreign policy but their own extreme views.

2) he needs to distinguish between nation-building and preventive attacks. those are two very different things. he lumps them together (so do other candidates) but if he separated these two positions he would either convert some people to himself or make a fracture among war-mongers

3) he needs to stir up imagination regarding what would the world see if we were to remove troops from all over the globe. it would actually take away from any perception of defeat in iraq and it will make it look as if we are doing things we want as opposed to what others want

etc.

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 03:25 PM
dr. Paul Needs To Make Multiple Copies. I doubt they will allow him to carry the report inside, so he probably has to sneak it in with him. Highlight the main parts. So When Asked Question, He Can Read That Quote Directly And Pass The Copies To Other Candidates, So They Can Read Along With Him Out Loud To The American Public On Tv

Highstreet
01-09-2008, 03:39 PM
that won't help because they are aware of his position on this and might even believe him that is a part of 9/11 report. besides, he won't have enough time to read from the book.

he needs to

1) emphasize that our foreign policy is a significant contributing factor - not the only factor in terrorism. as he is fond of repeating, we have bases in 130 countries, but we are only attacked by people from a few. so, in addition to foreign policy there exist other reasons. he needs to acknowledge that and explain that if we move out from the middle east we will have more allies to help us deal with "real" islamic terrorists - those that are not motivated by our foreign policy but their own extreme views.

2) he needs to distinguish between nation-building and preventive attacks. those are two very different things. he lumps them together (so do other candidates) but if he separated these two positions he would either convert some people to himself or make a fracture among war-mongers

3) he needs to stir up imagination regarding what would the world see if we were to remove troops from all over the globe. it would actually take away from any perception of defeat in iraq and it will make it look as if we are doing things we want as opposed to what others want

etc.

1. What you have it good but simplify it.

Their FP is a more Clinton Nanny State Foreign Policy. His is a Strong National Defense, using action when necessary.

They want to waste our military strength and money nationbuilding. He would take the fight to the terrorists and Cut Off Their Reinforcement Supply by removing Some of the motivation (ie. Occupation).

2. I don't think is worth the time to explain.

3. He needs to say that he wants to Give the Troops a break from long missions by rotating troops in Democratic countries in to replace them on a voluntary basis. He wants to give a Stimulus to the Economy by basing more troops here. This also has the added benefit of reducing our military expenditures in maintaining occupation and thus reducing the Deficit.

partypooper
01-09-2008, 03:56 PM
Their FP is a more Clinton Nanny State Foreign Policy. His is a Strong National Defense, using action when necessary

that's overly simplistic. he tried that and it didn't work.

smartguy911
01-09-2008, 06:03 PM
most people trust guiliani, mccain when it comes to foreign policy. so only way Dr. Paul can show they are all wrong is by showing facts from gov reports, commission report etc. we need facts facts facts.

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 06:31 PM
most people trust guiliani, mccain when it comes to foreign policy. so only way Dr. Paul can show they are all wrong is by showing facts from gov reports, commission report etc. we need facts facts facts.

even better than the commission report would be Imperial Hubris, written by Michael Scheuer who was the CIA's premiere expert on Osama Bin Laden for many, many years. 9iu11ani, Romney, huck, McCain and Fred would be literally dumbfounded. Brit Hume would have to help them pick their jaws up off the table