figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:03 AM
+1

rice_classic
01-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Why is the R flipped around?

LibertyEagle
01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
Plus, getting involved in our local GOP.

MGreen
01-09-2008, 02:06 AM
But what about teh online internet pollz!?!1

lorindon
01-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Yeah, let's all cut our internet connections and begin a massive, impersonal canvasing campaign that get's Ron Paul's name recognition up, but ultimately doesn't educate voters on WHY they should vote for him.

You go first.

coboman
01-09-2008, 02:07 AM
Massive Canvassing and traditional advertising were already tried in NH.

We had two grassroots groups ("Operation Live Free" and "FACT"), funded with over $45,000 from chipins. People bought ads in local papers. Massive signing, and handing out slimjims (up to the point of annoying people) for months.
The official campaign had its own efforts canvassing (including the "christmas in NH"), spent over 2 million in ads.

That got us 8% vote.

Drknows
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
after super tuesday brother just wait,

AND YES THE INTERNET DOES MATTER. Look without the grassroots he would only be polling hunters numbers. His message hooked us and this is our HQ.

We took a candidate with almost ZERO support before he entered the race to a Strong contender.

His base is strong if not stronger than Rudy (who expects to win big on super tuesday).

The media already said hucks support begins and ends in IOWA and other evangelical states. Mccain support ends in NH and maybe some other east coast states.

Fred will win some southern states.

Whats left? around 40 states.

Oliver
01-09-2008, 02:28 AM
Plus, getting involved in our local GOP.

QFT

But what about teh online internet pollz!?!1

Irrelevant. Well - a laughing stock for teh Enemy. :mad:

Yeah, let's all cut our internet connections and begin a massive, impersonal canvasing campaign that get's Ron Paul's name recognition up, but ultimately doesn't educate voters on WHY they should vote for him.

You go first.

Canvassing in Europe is irrelevant.

Massive Canvassing and traditional advertising were already tried in NH.

We had two grassroots groups ("Operation Live Free" and "FACT"), funded with over $45,000 from chipins. People bought ads in local papers. Massive signing, and handing out slimjims (up to the point of annoying people) for months.
The official campaign had its own efforts canvassing (including the "christmas in NH"), spent over 2 million in ads.

That got us 8% vote.

Yep. And we spent 200,000 for a Blimp. Now
if 45,000 brought 8% of voters - would 200,000
Dollar bring us 35,55%? :confused:

after super tuesday brother just wait,

AND YES THE INTERNET DOES MATTER. Look without the grassroots he would only be polling hunters numbers. His message hooked us and this is our HQ.

We took a candidate with almost ZERO support before he entered the race to a Strong contender.
His base is strong if not stronger than Rudy (who expects to win big on super tuesday).

The media already said hucks support begins and ends in IOWA and other evangelical states. Mccain support ends in NH and maybe some other east coast states.

Fred will win some southern states.

Whats left? around 40 states.

And I agree - but the Internet isn't relevant
anymore to gain voters. And yes, the Internet
is still good for people to look up Ron Paul once
they catch fire for his issues and philosophy.

Karsten
01-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Revolution over, i get it

Oliver
01-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Revolution over, i get it

Not yet. But we're heading towards this point
in the current race. That should be obvious for
everyone with a realistic estimation.

So either we blabber till it comes true or we
"turn off the computers for 23 hours per day".

Karsten
01-09-2008, 02:44 AM
It's so sad. I knew this was going to happen, that people would split off once we started losing. More than Ron Paul, i enjoyed the community here, the friendships we built. It's sad to see it falling apart. I cried tonight. When you've devoted 7 months to something and it doesn't work out, well...

Oliver
01-09-2008, 02:51 AM
It's so sad. I knew this was going to happen, that people would split off once we started losing. More than Ron Paul, i enjoyed the community here, the friendships we built. It's sad to see it falling apart. I cried tonight. When you've devoted 7 months to something and it doesn't work out, well...

I have no Idea what you're talking about. I'm
still overall optimistic since nothing is lost yet.
But everyone needs to get off the couches and
find a shared course to win this. There is no time
for whining anymore - or cat fighting about 10
Moneybombs and "flying Moneymonsters".

Isupportliberty
01-09-2008, 02:57 AM
it's not over by a long shot. we need to get out there and get out the vote!

remember, the revolution doesn't stop with Dr. Paul. WE are the revolution.

Oliver
01-09-2008, 03:01 AM
it's not over by a long shot. we need to get out there and get out the vote!

remember, the revolution doesn't stop with Dr. Paul. WE are the revolution.

Well, not exactly. The Message itself is the
Revolution - we're just the Messengers. :)

Did someone summed up the Message yet into
an inspiring short Brief - so we can use it for
inspiring more people in a few words?

defcreative
01-09-2008, 03:12 AM
And I agree - but the Internet isn't relevant
anymore to gain voters. And yes, the Internet
is still good for people to look up Ron Paul once
they catch fire for his issues and philosophy.

You are totally right, thats why I've started TheBonfire.com - Grassroots Organizational Project.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=891894

I realize we need this like, today, but I'm doing the best I can over here since I need to maintain other paid jobs in order to keep an income.

Talcott
01-09-2008, 03:16 AM

Let's keep the community going, the issue's and message is what unite's us .

adpierce
01-09-2008, 03:20 AM

screw giving up... screw it to hell... I'm going to be defiant to the end. Our doctor has given his life ... his life ... for something we gave a few months to... and I'll dare say at nowhere near the intensity he has, and he's not giving up. He stands up there and smiles... and he's genuine. He's excited about this campaign because he believes in us.... we need to now believe in him and his people. Fight for your lives because liberty depends on it. Liberty has never been won easily... but only on the shoulders of those who carry incredible burdens.

defcreative
01-09-2008, 03:24 AM
Yup, I've already gone through the 5 stages from this primary. It seemed easier this time then with Iowa, although I deep down inside suspect it was a fraud.

I'm picking myself up back off the ground and continuing on.

Oliver
01-09-2008, 03:27 AM
You are totally right, thats why I've started TheBonfire.com - Grassroots Organizational Project.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=891894

I realize we need this like, today, but I'm doing the best I can over here since I need to maintain other paid jobs in order to keep an income.

I'm not sure if I understand the concept since it's
another online-project and the truth is that we already
have TOO MUCH of them. Besides the fact that we have
this forum plus the MeetUp's.

People shouldn't care about the Internet anymore to
get the word out. There are already trillions of sites
that explain all of Ron's philosophy. The main focus
should be offline after joining a MeetUp group.

Personally I would reform the whole Forum here to
get rid of all things that are irrelevant concerning the
message - and to minimize the topics so no one loses
oversight within the current 50 sub-fora.

So why do you think your project wouldn't be another
distraction that makes it even harder to focus on one
thing?

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 03:28 AM
guys, we already have what we need, it's all in the NH exit polls!!!

Oliver
01-09-2008, 03:31 AM
guys, we already have what we need, it's all in the NH exit polls!!!

:confused: And this is ... ?

defcreative
01-09-2008, 03:47 AM
I'm not sure if I understand the concept since it's
another online-project and the truth is that we already
have TOO MUCH of them.

I would have to agree that there has been too many projects and that we need to collaborate together and focus on the group goal. This has been evident with the latest money bomb sites "competing" with each other.

The main focus
should be offline after joining a MeetUp group.

Agreed, which is the whole purpose of this site, to organize large scale grassroots events.

Personally I would reform the whole Forum here to
get rid of all things that are irrelevant concerning the
message - and to minimize the topics so no one loses
oversight within the current 50 sub-fora.

I think that condensing the forum wouldn't be too bad of an idea as well, but you have to also remember that threads will become lost in a forum that is too busy as well. If we had the traffic like today all in one sub-forum the threads would be probably moving at 10-20 threads per minute and any thread that the OP wanted exposure would have to continuously bump. Forums need to find that "sweet spot" of balance.

So why do you think your project wouldn't be another
distraction that makes it even harder to focus on one
thing?

That's the whole point of my project, to organize and focus on offline projects. I think that is the main problem that we are experiencing with the grassroots right now, there is so many ideas but so little actual organization, planning, and commitment for offline activities. Since you aren't able to understand how the features of the site could be applied to the campaign, I'm going to go ahead and give you a scenario instead. Sometimes that is a better way of explaining.

Anyways, say we want to try to organize a large, 1 day canvassing event on the part of the grassroots. Right now it would be near impossible to do anything like that effectively. With TheBonfire.com it would be very possible. Someone would submit the project and start off by "adding the first branch to the fire" by posting the project and requesting as many other people as possible to join. They would post the information and the goal of the project, along with their locations that they want to confirm to canvass. These locations will be shown as markers on a google maps API based system. Then, other individuals will be able to log in and join the same project and select their own area to canvass. Same with more, and more people. Eventually, hopefully tens of thousands will agree to canvass areas until we have actually a significant portion of the most populated areas of the united states, all to be orchestrated on the same exact day, even at the same time if it was wanted by the original poster.

These projects/activities can be "dugg or buried" and on the front page of the site it will show the top projects, along with new projects, etc.

This could also be useful for other scenarios such as sign wavings, marking locations for RP voters who state that they will need rides (then people can accept the activity of picking them up and taking them to the polls, etc). Even protests can be organized to occur at the same time all over the US in real time.

So, now do you get what I'm talking about? ;)