PDA

View Full Version : **We need to begin deleting negative posts!**

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Or at the very least devote a subforum for it. All this negativity cannot be healthy and we can only crumble from defeatist group think.

For now we should ignore and refrain from responding on such threads.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
You need to stop acting like the people you hate. You hate those who censor Ron, well don't censor people who are being realistic. If you feel like feeding blind optimism, go for it, but stop misleading innocent people into donating their hard-earned money into a campaign that is struggling to stay afloat. Instead, encourage people to go out and canvass and show support at the grassroots level. This campaign staff has failed our movement and I can't trust them anymore, and I believe others should consider doing the same.

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 02:06 AM
Silence the opposition! Isn't that what we've been crying about this whole time regarding the media silencing us? Now you just want to get rid of people who are trying to be realistic. Brilliant.

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:07 AM
You need to stop acting like the people you hate. You hate those who censor Ron, well don't censor people who are being realistic. If you feel like feeding blind optimism, go for it, but stop misleading innocent people into donating their hard-earned money into a campaign that is struggling to stay afloat. Instead, encourage people to go out and canvass and show support at the grassroots level. This campaign staff has failed our movement and I can't trust them anymore, and I believe others should consider doing the same.

I want people to begin canvassing and do all they can. I simply said that all these negative posts will do more harm than most suppose. Those teetering on what to think will be swayed by the massive flood of negative posts that have been popping up around here. We should devote another subforum for "all hope is lost" threads, thats it.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:09 AM
I want people to begin canvassing and do all they can. I simply said that all these negative posts will do more harm than most suppose. Those teetering on what to think will be swayed by the massive flood of negative posts that have been popping up around here. We should devote another subforum for "all hope is lost" threads, thats it.

You're just rounding up reality and throwing it into oblivion... that isn't sensible. If you can't refute these "reality check" threads with tangible evidence of an optimistic future (not ignorant speculation), than you are indeed acknowledging there is a problem. Solve it, don't ignore it.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM

It's not blind optimism you dumb asshole! I cannot stand your attitude right now. I've been reading what you're posting in different threads. Just because we haven't given up you say we are "blindly optimistic." We're not blindly optimistic, we're trying to regroup and refocus so we can win. No one is being blindly optimistic. Okay?

And nowhere in his post did he say to donate. We're not censoring anyone, we're just trying to get you defeatist douchebags to leave. YOU'RE NOT HELPING ANYTHING. We're trying to get Ron Paul elected, and you just want to ridicule everyone who still gives a damn.

Fuck off okay! Go away! I am so sick of reading your shit. If you give up, leave.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:13 AM
You're just rounding up reality and throwing it into oblivion... that isn't sensible. If you can't refute these "reality check" threads with tangible evidence of an optimistic future (not ignorant speculation), than you are indeed acknowledging there is a problem. Solve it, don't ignore it.

Here!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=890764#post890764

I posted this thread a WHILE ago. I outlined the changes we need to make as a grassroots to be more effective and have a better chance of winning. There you go. We don't need to "refute" any of your bullshit. There is nothing to refute. At this point, we need to determine the best strategy to use from this point forward. We need to focus on giving ourselves the best chance to win. We don't need to "refute" any of your defeatist bullshit okay?

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:13 AM

How can we rally people into leaving their mom's basements and begin canvassing when we have ubiquitous "we are not going to win/all hope is lost" posts. This is a DEMOTIVATOR, sort of how like the government says marijuana does to you.

Place negative posts in their own forum, dont censor them. So that those who still hold on to hope are not inundated by the negativity brigade.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:14 AM
NO! I'm trying to get you people to see the fucking LIGHT!

You will not raise $23 million MORE on top of the $20 million raised in time to run national ads! These ad spaces need to be bought MONTHS IN ADVANCE! Stop acting like fucking morons and understand what you are talking about. I'm SIMPLY suggesting that you stop focusing on raising money that will NOT be put to use by that stupid campaign staff, and put the money into MATERIALS to spread, or MAKING OUR OWN MATERIALS, to CANVASS on your own!

The fight is not over, but you people are being ignorant to think we can change this shit with money. Money is not the answer here, God damn it.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM

You will not raise $23 million MORE on top of the $20 million raised in time to run national ads! These ad spaces need to be bought MONTHS IN ADVANCE! Stop acting like fucking morons and understand what you are talking about. I'm SIMPLY suggesting that you stop focusing on raising money that will NOT be put to use by that stupid campaign staff, and put the money into MATERIALS to spread, or MAKING OUR OWN MATERIALS, to CANVASS on your own!

The fight is not over, but you people are being ignorant to think we can change this shit with money. Money is not the answer here, God damn it.

Who the hell has been talking about money? No one else is bringing it up but YOU. The starter of this thread didn't mention money. He didn't say we need to donate. I never said we need to donate. Did you read my thread?

Who the fuck has been talking about money?

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM

I dont believe I said that by raising more money for the campaign will win this thing. It has become pretty apparent to us that a new strategy is warranted. If anything, we should have more negative posts about the official campaign and NOT FOR THE MOVEMENT

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:19 AM
His campaign staff! Do you not read their bulletins? They continously ask for "your most generous donation" to meet their $43 million benchmark in time for Super Tuesday. News-fucking-flash, that shit is WAY too late. I'm also saying that people who really think he can turn people around with TV ADs are also being delusional. This point ALSO pertains to MONEY.

Canvassing is our last hope and frankly, I don't think people will get out to do it. Why? Because they are relying on this great hope of financial success in the advertising arena, and they'll sit on their ass and blog away. Yet again, we arrive at the issue of money.

My point is this: we can no longer rely on this campaign staff to achieve success. It is all on us now, the individual.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:21 AM
His campaign staff! Do you not read their bulletins? They continously ask for "your most generous donation" to meet their $43 million benchmark in time for Super Tuesday. News-fucking-flash, that shit is WAY too late. I'm also saying that people who really think he can turn people around with TV ADs are also being delusional. This point ALSO pertains to MONEY.

Canvassing is our last hope and frankly, I don't think people will get out to do it. Why? Because they are relying on this great hope of financial success in the advertising arena, and they'll sit on their ass and blog away. Yet again, we arrive at the issue of money.

My point is this: we can no longer rely on this campaign staff to achieve success. It is all on us now, the individual.

Okay! Then stop being so negative and defeatist! If it is all on us now, then you better help us come up with ways to win. That's all we are trying to do.

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM

Like I said before we dont MOTIVATE people into canvassing and the like with DEMOTIVATIONAL threads

Bryan
01-09-2008, 02:26 AM
Here is what the forum guidelines state:

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Flag posts that you see that violate that, use this icon: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

As for a sub-forum, you need to sell your case. Perhaps a sub-forum on analysis and discussion on the campaign could be beneficial since many say it needs a new direction.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:29 AM
Okay! Then stop being so negative and defeatist! If it is all on us now, then you better help us come up with ways to win. That's all we are trying to do.
Agreed.

Like I said before we dont MOTIVATE people into canvassing and the like with DEMOTIVATIONAL threads
I don't know about you personally, but there are members of this forum continously asking for donations and "secret media blitz" nonsense, and that's all I'm trying to clear up. No, the fight is far from over I agree. But the continued misleading of our fellows supporters to just dump money into a disorganized organization is wrong.

figueir2
01-09-2008, 02:33 AM
But the continued misleading of our fellows supporters to just dump money into a disorganized organization is wrong.

I guess I can agree that much. But we aren't sure if the campaigns "secret weapon" will be effective yet. Once I begin drowning in Ron Paul commercials and attack ads on the other candidates I will begin donating to the campaign again.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:38 AM
I guess I can agree that much. But we aren't sure if the campaigns "secret weapon" will be effective yet. Once I begin drowning in Ron Paul commercials and attack ads on the other candidates I will begin donating to the campaign again.

And I can agree with you on that. :)

AFTFNJ
01-09-2008, 03:27 AM
I agree make a list of negative poster & keep a eye on them... 3 strikes n ur out

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 03:29 AM
I agree make a list of negative poster & keep a eye on them... 3 strikes n ur out

Or try to acknowledge their plight and rationally bring them back on track. If you aren't capable of that, you shouldn't drive viable support away just because they're having a brief moment of doubt.

Eric21ND
01-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Is it me or do the most negative posts come from members with very low post counts and Dec join dates?

Corydoras
01-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Canvassing is our last hope and frankly, I don't think people will get out to do it. Why? Because they are relying on this great hope of financial success in the advertising arena, and they'll sit on their ass and blog away.

I remember a time a few months ago when a lot of people were high on YouTube videos and were basically saying that money didn't matter to this campaign, the ideas would sell themselves, we're not materialists, etc.

The consensus finally came around to understanding that money was important.

Possibly the grassroots consensus will figure out that canvassing will work. The question is whether they'll figure out in time.

(Personally, I feel crappy about this because I'm maxed out with donations and for various personal reasons I can't be a precinct captain, so I'm basically stuck with giving out literature. But canvassing is the hope of this campaign.)

NeverGiveUp
01-09-2008, 04:10 AM

I have to disagree. I see no reason why we can't raise just as much as we did last quarter - if not more. RP is gaining support every day and the media are finally beginning to warm up to him. Money is not the entire answer, but it is key. He's going to need more to compete. We have 47 states to go and bills to pay, aside from advertising. He's also going to need more boots on the ground ASAP. Let's get busy, folks - there's A LOT of work to do.

P.S.

For those who haven't heard, we need precinct captains. Please contact your area meetup groups for more info.