PDA

View Full Version : If you're going to quit, then just leave quietly. No more "all hope is lost" threads

madcat033
01-09-2008, 01:53 AM
I am so goddamn sick of seeing these threads popping up! Yeah, I'm looking at YOU King Crimson and your "Face it guys, Ron Paul's message just isn't catching on." And Freestyl24 with your "Reality Check" shit.

You want a goddamn reality check? So far only about 40 of 2,380 delegates have been decided. You need 1191 to win, and Mitt Romney is in the lead with FUCKING THIRTY! Oh noes, he is only 1161 away from a victory! All is lost!

You want a reality check? Every Republican is in bad shape right now. Mitt Romney blew his entire load on NH and IA and lost both. McCain won NH but that didn't get him anywhere in 2000. Huckabee has no cash and limited appeal to non-evangelicals. Giuliani is banking on his late state strategy. And Fred Thompson has just been dismal. Are we really out of it? Please.

You want a reality check? We still have a month until Super Tuesday. Huckabee went from nobody to frontrunner in a matter of days. Nothing is impossible. With a $20 millon national advertising campaign, plus a lot of hard work (canvassing!) from the grassroots, we can turn this election around in a heartbeat.

So, if you are going to give up, then just fucking go. Don't make any threads about it, don't try to discourage everyone else, just leave.

StarKissed
01-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks for posting that. What do they want us to do? It's almost like they want us to feel bad for them. I also just posted a reply to someone that was leaving with their defeatest attitude, and told them I wish they would have left quietly, because the other people who worked so hard on this, don't need to be brought down. I told her that if she comes back, not to leave any more negative posts.

It's so ridiculous....one primary and they've jumped ship. Nice Lot of supporters, huh? Kick their asses. They make me sick.

I am so goddamn sick of seeing these threads popping up! Yeah, I'm looking at YOU King Crimson and your "Face it guys, Ron Paul's message just isn't catching on." And Freestyl24 with your "Reality Check" shit.

You want a goddamn reality check? So far only about 40 of 2,380 delegates have been decided. You need 1191 to win, and Mitt Romney is in the lead with FUCKING THIRTY! Oh noes, he is only 1161 away from a victory! All is lost!

You want a reality check? Every Republican is in bad shape right now. Mitt Romney blew his entire load on NH and IA and lost both. McCain won NH but that didn't get him anywhere in 2000. Huckabee has no cash and limited appeal to non-evangelicals. Giuliani is banking on his late state strategy. And Fred Thompson has just been dismal. Are we really out of it? Please.

You want a reality check? We still have a month until Super Tuesday. Huckabee went from nobody to frontrunner in a matter of days. Nothing is impossible. With a $20 millon national advertising campaign, plus a lot of hard work (canvassing!) from the grassroots, we can turn this election around in a heartbeat.

So, if you are going to give up, then just fucking go. Don't make any threads about it, don't try to discourage everyone else, just leave.

wildflower
01-09-2008, 02:04 AM
I agree, there's no need to bring everyone else down with melodramatic "I'm quitting - it's all over" posts.

Leave if you must, but there are a lot of people here who aren't going to quit and realize that this is about more than just an election.

thanks for the post!

Edward
01-09-2008, 02:05 AM
So, if you are going to give up, then just fucking go. Don't make any threads about it, don't try to discourage everyone else, just leave.Word. And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

spacebetween
01-09-2008, 02:08 AM
Thank you, I agree.

ATTENTION LOSERS: Leave. We have work to do, you're not helping.

Revolutions are not lost in a single battle.

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 02:10 AM
People should be allowed to post what they want unless they're violating the rules. Supporters have a right to be realistic about Ron Paul's chances don't they? I thought this forum of all places would endorse freedom to speak your mind. I guess not.

spacebetween
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
People should be allowed to post what they want unless they're violating the rules. Supporters have a right to be realistic about Ron Paul's chances don't they? I thought this forum of all places would endorse freedom to speak your mind. I guess not.

This is a grassroots forum. We are not here to discuss Ron's loss on Election Day -- we're here to discuss strategies to win.

If you're a sore loser, take it elsewhere.

Edward
01-09-2008, 02:11 AM
People should be allowed to post what they want unless they're violating the rules. Supporters have a right to be realistic about Ron Paul's chances don't they? I thought this forum of all places would endorse freedom to speak your mind. I guess not.What you can do and what you should do are different things.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:15 AM

We're trying to come up with new strategies to help Ron win. We're trying to motivate the grassroots to get out there and canvass.

You, on the other hand, go into every thread and try to crush morale and accuse others of "censoring" and "persecuting" you. You are a detriment to the campaign. Why can't you just fucking leave if you gave up?

wildflower
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM
What you can do and what you should do are different things.

Exactly - no one is saying they don't have the right. We're just saying that if you're going to be negative, please don't try to bring everyone else down and get others to quit the fight. That's a sunshine patriot and quitter mentality that is counterproductive to the movement.

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 02:17 AM
Because it's about more than Ron Paul. I haven't given up on the movement. Do you want me to put on a happy face? Is that what you want me to do? Hey everyone, Ron Paul is going to WIN Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina! He will go from 4% in the polls all the way to 34% in less than 2 weeks and win them all! Let's go guys!!!!!!! We can do this! Yes we can!

Drknows
01-09-2008, 02:18 AM
Ron Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edward
01-09-2008, 02:19 AM
Because it's about more than Ron Paul. I haven't given up on the movement. Do you want me to put on a happy face? Is that what you want me to do? Hey everyone, Ron Paul is going to WIN Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina! He will go from 4% in the polls all the way to 34% in less than 2 weeks and win them all! Let's go guys!!!!!!! We can do this! Yes we can!False alternative.

freestyl24
01-09-2008, 02:19 AM
<>

spacebetween
01-09-2008, 02:21 AM
I will go quietly from here on out, but there come a time for all of us at some point when reality takes over Fantasy. And it has come a little bit sooner for me. Sure, don't give up the fight. Use what ever rational you need to blind you from the truth. But as has been shown, this country is not ready yet for DR. Pauls message.
Don't let me discourage you and there is no real need for you to call me out unless it helps your cause. I hope I am wrong and will come back to eat crow with pleasure. But until that time I will live in the real world.

Um... so... how is it unrealistic to not know what exactly will happen between now and November?

Dang, I wish I lived in the world of the "realist" where I knew what was going to happen tomorrow.

Edward
01-09-2008, 02:22 AM
I will go quietly from here on out, but there come a time for all of us at some point when reality takes over Fantasy. And it has come a little bit sooner for me. Sure, don't give up the fight. Use what ever rational you need to blind you from the truth. But as has been shown, this country is not ready yet for DR. Pauls message.
Don't let me discourage you and there is no real need for you to call me out unless it helps your cause. I hope I am wrong and will come back to eat crow with pleasure. But until that time I will live in the real world.So, the only way Paul's message gets out is if he wins the election? There are multiple ways for this campaign to "win".

Enzo
01-09-2008, 02:23 AM
I just don't understand the mentality.

I liken this campaign to raising a child.

Just because your kid isn't making friends as easily as the other kids... or got beat up at school one day...does that mean you call him a loser and give up on him?

Drknows
01-09-2008, 02:28 AM
I just don't understand the mentality.

I liken this campaign to raising a child.

Just because your kid isn't making friends as easily as the other kids... or got beat up at school one day...does that mean you call him a loser and give up on him?

Good analogy except our kid (Ron Paul) isnt getting beat up. Hes just not showing up to recess yet because hes mastering the art of Taekwondo before he goes onto the play ground.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Because it's about more than Ron Paul. I haven't given up on the movement. Do you want me to put on a happy face? Is that what you want me to do? Hey everyone, Ron Paul is going to WIN Michigan, Nevada, and South Carolina! He will go from 4% in the polls all the way to 34% in less than 2 weeks and win them all! Let's go guys!!!!!!! We can do this! Yes we can!

That's not what this is about. Why don't you read this thread:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=890764#post890764

I posted it a while ago. I attempted to lay out what went wrong, and what we can do to change it before February 5th. That is what we need. No one is saying we should have false optimism. What we're saying is that we should stop moping and start trying to win this goddamn election!

No one's asking you to "put on a happy face." We're asking you to do your best to help Ron Paul win the Presidency. And if you don't want to, then leave. Because I, for one, am going to do everything I can to help Ron Paul win. Either help us, or get out of the way.

Don't let me discourage you and there is no real need for you to call me out unless it helps your cause. I hope I am wrong and will come back to eat crow with pleasure. But until that time I will live in the real world.

Wow. I have never met a more pathetic bunch of individuals. It's not about reality versus fantasy. We took a hit. Now are we going to give up, or are we going to get up and hit back?

This is the bottom line, to all you goddamn defeatists. We're not saying to be blindly optimistic or expect Ron Paul to win. We're not saying you should live in a fantasy world. What we're saying is, the purpose of this forum is to help Ron Paul win the presidency. I'm not deluding myself one way or the other. I'm not blinding myself from the truth. I don't concern myself with trying to guage our chances. I believe in everything that Ron Paul stands for, and I am going to do my best to help him win the Presidency until the very end.

I am not trying to predict whether we will win or not. I am not being optimistic or pessimistic. I am just going to keep playing until the clock is all zeros. If you're in, then help us. If you've given up, then leave.

Bloody Holly
01-09-2008, 02:30 AM
agree with op.

I'm putting negative spinsters on ignore. Today it's been all about Ron Paul being a racist which is false. People will use lies to try to put down Ron Paul. It's sickening that for years people have been screaming against war and claiming they want change.

Here we have Ron Paul who doesn't want us out of war today or tomorrow or months to years from now. He wants us out now!

He also wants to end the war on drugs which so many of the jails and prisons are full of people who are there for minor drug charges.

Ron Paul is the conscious of America. You choose. Stay asleep or wake up.

You want to vote based on appearance and charm? Fine but don't come crying to us if your candidate wins and keep the corporate greed system flowing, economy gets worse, we are still in war and more rapists are let out on the street to rape their next victim while someone in your family is locked away for a long time over marijuana.

PEACE.

GoRon2008
01-09-2008, 02:38 AM
good post.

Man, my mind is flip-floping with emotions.

OK, EVERYONE just grab a beer and relax!

You know none of you all are going anywhere anyways so quit crying wolf!

adpierce
01-09-2008, 03:15 AM
If I decide to leave this rEVOLution.. it shall be due to the fact that I've lost faith in the American people... not in the people behind this movement nor the candidate we support. As of right now I am not giving up. I don't plan on giving up until Dr. Paul does ... if he does. Your characterization that somebody talking about how it's over as people who are just trying to be demoralizing to the rest of us is I believe incorrect. I don't think these people give up hope because of us... or even want us to give up hope. They probably want to be given hope... to be given reasons why they should keep on fighting. And damn it there are good reasons to keep fighting. Just look around at some of the more popular threads going right now and you'll see some real positive ones.

I think it's idiotic when people make negative threads in order to try to deter people from making negative threads. Yeah it's damn frustrating because we're all trying to get a hold of what happened the last few days. We all want to believe that Dr. Paul and his team haven't failed us. We want to believe in our fellow Americans too. We want to believe that they can see what we see in Dr. Paul. We see something so pure and real and right that we can't help but give time and even hundreds of dollars (I have) to a candidate when we've never given money to any other candidate before. This kind of man is a man to follow to the gates of hell to coin a phrase. I believe it too. Ron Paul is hope for America... now lets get back to work damn it and help them see it and believe in it too.

P.S. I don't give a damn about polls... screw em all to hell. We're starting to believe in em' and don't you know that's exactly what they want us to do.

Indy Vidual
01-09-2008, 03:18 AM
Blimp :)

free.alive
01-09-2008, 03:33 AM
Thank you for saying it. We have not the time for charlatans, poseurs, the doubt-ridden and the fairweather fans.

This is a place that needs to rediscover the passion for working for a better future which made it my home on the web. And it doesn't take being brainwashed to understand how strong we really are and how we can use these losses to our advantage, learn from mistakes that were made so we don't repeat them in the OTHER 48 STATES THAT HAVE YET TO CAST A BALLOT!

tip-toe and gently pull the door to on your way out....

adpierce
01-09-2008, 03:37 AM
Thank you for saying it. We have not the time for charlatans, poseurs, the doubt-ridden and the fairweather fans.

This is a place that needs to rediscover the passion for working for a better future which made it my home on the web. And it doesn't take being brainwashed to understand how strong we really are and how we can use these losses to our advantage, learn from mistakes that were made so we don't repeat them in the OTHER 48 STATES THAT HAVE YET TO CAST A BALLOT!

tip-toe and gently pull the door to on your way out....

No... you're wrong we can use all the supporters we can get. This must be a very welcoming place for anybody who even remotely leans towards Ron Paul. We need to persuade people not to leave who might otherwise leave. You don't do this by telling them... "so go already" like a little kid who has just had an argument with a sibling. This is more divisive than what they're doing which is voicing their frustrations. People just don't like hearing them voice their frustrations due to the fact that they may share them too. So what? Be frustrated and admit why you're frustrated... it's okay. We need to regroup that's all, and we will... but we need to be positive with one another.

awitelin
01-09-2008, 03:42 AM
No... you're wrong we can use all the supporters we can get. This must be a very welcoming place for anybody who even remotely leans towards Ron Paul. We need to persuade people not to leave who might otherwise leave. You don't do this by telling them... "so go already" like a little kid who has just had an argument with a sibling. This is more divisive than what they're doing which is voicing their frustrations. People just don't like hearing them voice their frustrations due to the fact that they may share them too. So what? Be frustrated and admit why you're frustrated... it's okay. We need to regroup that's all, and we will... but we need to be positive with one another.

Agreed. No one can be positive all the time - it's human nature to hurt after you get knocked down. We shouldn't dwell on the hurt forever, but it's not fair to say that we shouldn't cry a little before we get back up and get back in it.

Don't expect everyone to fit a cookie-cutter mold of the strong, ever-vigilant supporter that never gets discouraged and never quits.

We need to be respectful and kind towards everyone in this movement - we're all we've got and we're all in it together. Everyone has their own amount to give and everyone has their own toughness. The negativity will dissipate given some time and a good night's sleep without everyone shouting each other down.

V-rod
01-09-2008, 06:43 AM
blump

CelestialRender
01-09-2008, 06:46 AM
Profanity-laced tirade aside, this is the best post on these forums in a while.

webber53
01-09-2008, 07:25 AM
Long live the Ron Paul Revolution!

speciallyblend
01-09-2008, 07:32 AM
im just glad my caucus is over in 30 days ,so colorado is over with,this is fucking stressful..

The republican party is the problem ,not Ron Paul..

If Ron Paul is serious,then im beginning to think he needs to look outside the 2 old parties,the republican party in ia and nh has proven they are useless and clueless and will lose the genral election.

the republicans have one choice RON PAUL,if they dont,they LOSE LOSE the genral election
SO BE IT

Zack
01-09-2008, 07:44 AM
i agree and i bump.

There never was much hope. Only a fool's hope. If you aren't foolishly in love with liberty, then I don't know what you're doing here, anyway.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-09-2008, 08:03 AM
I'm all in as long as RP is. It's as simple as that.

traitorist
01-09-2008, 08:12 AM
i think that the attitude of the OP gives many people good reason to leave. the OP makes it clear that the revolution, for them, is nothing about love, but about hatred and vendetta.

i have no problem with people leaving and expressing their reasons why in a post. if you don't like free speech from those who offer a differing view, then you don't like free speech at all.

if you see attrition here, then lets get it out in the open so the people can see it and use it to ask the serious questions about why it is happening.

profanity, name-calling, thuggery, high-mindedness etc. are all good reasons imho. i wouldn't knock people for leaving here if this is what they are surrounded with. if they want to leave and lead a more peaceful existence and spend more time with people who love them, instead of hating on them, more power to them.

Sematary
01-09-2008, 08:26 AM

Beautiful. +10

amy31416
01-09-2008, 08:42 AM
If I decide to leave this rEVOLution.. it shall be due to the fact that I've lost faith in the American people... not in the people behind this movement nor the candidate we support. As of right now I am not giving up. I don't plan on giving up until Dr. Paul does ... if he does. Your characterization that somebody talking about how it's over as people who are just trying to be demoralizing to the rest of us is I believe incorrect. I don't think these people give up hope because of us... or even want us to give up hope. They probably want to be given hope... to be given reasons why they should keep on fighting. And damn it there are good reasons to keep fighting. Just look around at some of the more popular threads going right now and you'll see some real positive ones.

I think it's idiotic when people make negative threads in order to try to deter people from making negative threads. Yeah it's damn frustrating because we're all trying to get a hold of what happened the last few days. We all want to believe that Dr. Paul and his team haven't failed us. We want to believe in our fellow Americans too. We want to believe that they can see what we see in Dr. Paul. We see something so pure and real and right that we can't help but give time and even hundreds of dollars (I have) to a candidate when we've never given money to any other candidate before. This kind of man is a man to follow to the gates of hell to coin a phrase. I believe it too. Ron Paul is hope for America... now lets get back to work damn it and help them see it and believe in it too.

P.S. I don't give a damn about polls... screw em all to hell. We're starting to believe in em' and don't you know that's exactly what they want us to do.

+1 NH was, in fact, a major disappointment. I sincerely thought we'd do better there than in Iowa. It seems crazy that McCain and Romney got significantly more of the Independent voters, and Huckabee got the same amount. The exit poll data is wacky.

That being said, I'm in this to the end and beyond, whatever that end may bring.

After being really down about it last night, I'll fight harder to get the message out in a peaceful, civil way, as always.

StarKissed
01-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Word. And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

Ha Ha! :)

literatim
01-10-2008, 01:32 AM
Don't worry about these people. They are armchair supporters. All they do is post on this forum.

Freaking become a Precinct Leader already.

http://voters.ronpaul2008.com

Cindy
01-10-2008, 02:08 AM
Word. And don't let the door hit your ass on the way out...

If they are quitting on the most important rEVOLution of our modern times, I say, let the door hit them hard in the ass on the way out!!:p