PDA

View Full Version : $43 million Total?

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
I've seen multiple references to this... saying "we need $23 million more for Feb 5th." Reading that correctly that means they expect to raise a total of $43 million? Or do they require only $3.5 million more? Someone clear this up, please...

Cali4RonPaul
01-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Its $43 Million.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 01:16 AM
Wow... absolutely ridiculous. Completely mishandled and unorganized. I feel that the decentralized grassroots efforts was more organized and effective than the actual campaign staff efforts!

Not a CHANCE we will raise $23 million in 1/3 of the first quarter. Anyone that thinks otherwise is in for a VERY rude awakening. At the rate donations are coming in now you'd be lucky to get $5 million before Feb 5th.

Highstreet
01-09-2008, 01:19 AM
I've seen multiple references to this... saying "we need $23 million more for Feb 5th." Reading that correctly that means they expect to raise a total of $43 million? Or do they require only $3.5 million more? Someone clear this up, please...

You would behoove yourself to have a little patience. Paul is a seasoned Politician. If everyone gave up as easily as you his campaign wouldn't have gotten this far.

From the other thread:

Are you kidding? Do you understand how much time is left between now and Feb 5th? You honestly think you can raise another $23 million dollars in 1 month? He raised $20 million in 1 QUARTER, you'd like to match that in 1 month? I'm beginning to believe you people are really delusional!

20 million buys enough ads to get at least 20 million supporters.

If those 20 million New supporters donate even $1 dollar on average, he has another $20 million, and the goal is reached inside of a month.

Cali4RonPaul
01-09-2008, 01:20 AM
Seriously Carlos i am very upset with the campaign.. they were disorganized and incompetent.. too frugal and amateur.. the grassroots had the power and they could not even utilize that properly.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
You would behoove yourself to have a little patience. Paul is a seasoned Politician. If everyone gave up as easily as you his campaign wouldn't have gotten this far.

From the other thread:

If those 20 million New supporters donate even $1 dollar on average, he has another $20 million, and the goal is reached inside of a month.

Show me the mathematical basis that caused you arrived at that conclusion. I'm certain you won't find it because that is a blatant fabrication. Stop lying to these people and start urging them to change course!

adpierce
01-09-2008, 01:24 AM

From the other thread:

20 million in ads does not buy 20 million supporters... marketing doesn't work like this. You're competing with others who spend big bucks too. Ads increase name recognition, if they're good ads then they reinforce positive images to be associated with the candidate... but they won't overcome the stereotypes that the media puts forward about Dr. Paul all by themselves.

Jobarra
01-09-2008, 01:29 AM
Wow... absolutely ridiculous. Completely mishandled and unorganized. I feel that the decentralized grassroots efforts was more organized and effective than the actual campaign staff efforts!

Not a CHANCE we will raise $23 million in 1/3 of the first quarter. Anyone that thinks otherwise is in for a VERY rude awakening. At the rate donations are coming in now you'd be lucky to get $5 million before Feb 5th.
It's a tall order yes, but I remember the feeling I had when I saw $12M needed for the 4th quarter. It was just about the same type of feeling. I thought we would get close, but possibly not make 12M by Dec 31st. Boy was I ever wrong.

That being said, I'm sure it would be a record of some sort if we raised $23M in one month. I think if Dr. Paul wins Michigan or Nevada, the money will start pouring in faster.

Ann Kobialka
01-09-2008, 01:49 AM
If we had done better than 5th and 5th the money and publicity spickets would be running wide open. NH was ours to loose and we did. No blame to the grassroots. This groups has been the most energetic organization I have ever known. We love our new friends and hate our new enemies with some serious vigor. On to the next battle.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:20 AM

Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

Look, no one is expecting to raise $23 million. No one is expecting to win. It's not about expecting these things. It's not about getting your hopes up and being in for a "VERY rude awakening."

IT'S ABOUT TRYING, YOU ASSHOLE! It's like playing sports. You don't go into a game expecting to win or expecting to lose. You go into a game and give it your all and you try to win. Okay?

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:21 AM
Oh my god you have got to be kidding me.

Look, no one is expecting to raise $23 million. No one is expecting to win. It's not about expecting these things. It's not about getting your hopes up and being in for a "VERY rude awakening."

IT'S ABOUT TRYING, YOU ASSHOLE! It's like playing sports. You don't go into a game expecting to win or expecting to lose. You go into a game and give it your all and you try to win. Okay?

Actually, the campaign staff is saying the "need" $43 million to win. So take that up with them. My points are valid and that's why everyone is resorting to "LEAVE NOW" crap, because you can't logically refute it.

wxflyguy
01-09-2008, 02:24 AM
Actually, they're saying the goal for the entire 1st Quarter '08 is $23Million...use a little common sense people....each quarter their goals is roughly to double their last goal.

madcat033
01-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Actually, the campaign staff is saying the "need" $43 million to win. So take that up with them. My points are valid and that's why everyone is resorting to "LEAVE NOW" crap, because you can't logically refute it.

Yeah, but no one on the forums is talking about it! I haven't talked about it! I don't care about the $43 million. I don't care about your points! All I care about is doing our best to help Ron Paul win, and your defeatist attitude isn't helping.