PDA

View Full Version : Letter to my meetup

Trassin
01-09-2008, 01:01 AM
Ron Paul volunteers,

Like everyone else, I was rather disappointed with the results from tonight (or last night depending on when you read this). As I was thinking over those results though several things occurred to me:

1) The two guys who were talked up for months on end as the "Republican Favorites" just happen to be the two guys that Ron Paul has beaten.

2) Michigan is next, a state which is currently somewhere between a recession and a flat out depression. Add to that the fact no one has been really campaigning there; the democrats haven't because there are no delegates for them to win and the Republicans haven't because of the other early states. Mitt Romney might have a leg up there due to family history but he also just lost twice when he was expected to win. All of this will lead to no one on the Republican side having a clear advantage, except for Ron Paul, as long as his supporters stay unified. Who knows, he may even get a few votes from the dem's without Obama there to compete with.

3) Nevada and South Carolina are on the same day. McCain will most likely be in S.C. fighting with Huckabee and Romney, meaning that we'll have the the independents of Nevada to ourselves. Something tells me they will respond a little better to Dr. Paul's message of "Freedom is living without government coercion." as opposed to Rudy's message of "Freedom is about the willingness of every single human being to cede to lawful authority a great deal of discretion about what you do." That's if Rudy decides to even leave the beach in Florida.

4) And as I just mentioned, Rudy is counting on Florida. I don't think it is going to be a clear cut win there for him or anyone else. While he may have built strong support, it seems more like he has been laying around waiting for everyone else to catch up. Maybe Dr. Paul should have added one more book to the reading list: http://www.storyarts.org/library/aesops/stories/tortoise.html

5) Which leads us into Super Tuesday. There could very easily be no clear cut Republican "front runner" at this point. Most likely everyone else will be running extremely low on funds if that is the case.

Except for the one candidate who's supporters raise money for him all on their own. This is the same candidate that has been putting small offices up all over the country to enable his supporters. He has also learned a lesson from Iowa and decided an "open" phone bank is the best way to empower his supporters. Even his supporters learned a lesson, seeing that several small ads in a local papers can have a far greater effect than anyone would have guessed.

Is this the situation I would have hoped for, not really, but then again, I find I do most of my best work when other people doubt my abilities.

Sincerely,

Me

Trassin
01-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Come on, someone comment on it. I was hoping to be told either "you suck" or "awesome" or even something in between before I send it to my meetup groups.

Trassin
01-09-2008, 01:18 AM
Really guys, any comment, positive or negative. I would like to send this off so I can get some sleep.

amy31416
01-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Really guys, any comment, positive or negative. I would like to send this off so I can get some sleep.

You suck, yet you're totally awesome. ;)

I'm just in too much of a funk from NH, I'll read it again later.

Trassin
01-09-2008, 01:23 AM
You suck, yet you're totally awesome. ;)

I'm just in too much of a funk from NH, I'll read it again later.

Haha, thanks. Ah well, I'm going to send it off and get some sleep. I've got a Ron Paul campaign office to open for the first time tomorrow :D

Grandson of Liberty
01-09-2008, 01:28 AM
it's good dude. . .keep on keeping on!