PDA

View Full Version : Some one Please pass this on...

hrdman2luv
01-09-2008, 12:57 AM
I have been analizing alot of speeches for many years. I started paying attention to their direction, slurs, stutters, eyes, shoulders, and many other things.

For Ron Paul, who I support, Needs to slow down. He needs to slow way down during debates and interviews.
Ron Paul is a genious. So his thoughts get ahead of his speech. And it's hurting his ability to get his message through to those who are just learning about him. Most of us understand everything he says. Even when he doesn't finish his sentence. In our own mind, we know what he's gonna say. Mainly because we have heard his speeches over and over. But, there are alot of people just don't understand economics, or alot of what he is talking about. So they need it to be more understandable than we do.
For example: When John Kerry said " I voted for it, before I voted against it." That makes perfectly good sence if your a genious. But alot of people that I talked to when he said it, didn't quite catch it right off. Not that they were dumb. But because it wasn't worded right. He should have said " Sure, I voted for the war. But when I found out that the evidence had been "cherry picked" I voted to reverse the decisions of the President who did the "cherry picking".

And one more small item I think would help bring in more people to hear his message. Ron Paul appeals to alot of younger voters. Thats a good thing. But he almost isolates himself from the middle aged and older voters by always talking about the younger voters. The older voters know more about the troubles and the effects of our government moreso than the younger generation. They know more about war, debt, taxes and other things that makes the USA go around.
These old foggys' still have a "say-so" in the voting booth and within their own families.
Question: Have you ever asked you mom or dad why they were voting a certain way?

I hope this doesn't offend anyone. My intentions were meerly to help Ron Pauls campaign.

Bowie
01-09-2008, 01:36 AM
I agree. He is not a charming speaker like the others, and this is OBVIOUSLY important to voters who vote on personal characteristics (i.e., charm).

It's time to stop defending Ron Paul with "oh but that's why I like him, I like his slurring sentences" and realise that in the real world average people have NO IDEA about policies and issues and merely read body language to decide for whom to vote.

We need to bring back some constructive criticism to the fold.

Coming 5th all the time is like terrorism. Sure you can get angry at and blame the MSM and its loyal sheeples, but we must get over that quickly and begin to look at Ron Paul's "foreign policy" in communicating with these average Joe Browns and sinister Joe McMedias. We need to HELP PAUL CHANGE WHAT HE CAN CHANGE, constructively, not just sit here and pray people stop "bombing" the polls with ignorance.

The fight is only over if we ignore the positive and constructive lessons that can be learnt from the two bitter pills of Iowa and New Hampshire.

(Meanwhile, we did worse in a state we thought we'd do better in. Obviously something's askew here and we need to help Paul adjust his campaign to match what's really going on.)

RonPaulFTW08
01-09-2008, 01:48 AM
Sounds perfectly fine in these speeches:

Ron Paul speaking at the end of the NH Primaries and Wolf Blitzer's coverage of him:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=oGY8Te6DhMk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z2hPBCirgsA

This is exactly why Ron Paul is my hero.

Ronin
01-09-2008, 02:40 AM
I have been analizing alot of speeches for many years. I started paying attention to their direction, slurs, stutters, eyes, shoulders, and many other things.

For Ron Paul, who I support, Needs to slow down. He needs to slow way down during debates and interviews.

I totally agree. One example is when he talks about "printing the money" and in the next sentence the gold standard. I really do think the average joe pictures in his head us walking around with gold coins. Whenever I write something or do a speech I always ask myself "Who is my audience". I think he needs to ask himself this more often.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:44 AM
I totally agree. One example is when he talks about "printing the money" and in the next sentence the gold standard. I really do think the average joe pictures in his head us walking around with gold coins. Whenever I write something or do a speech I always ask myself "Who is my audience". I think he needs to ask himself this more often.

I agree 100%. I think the lack of coverage has made him feel rushed. It's almost like he's trying to pack as much punch as he can in whatever coverage he can get... somewhat overwhelming to the average citizen. Especially those that love empty patriotic rhetoric like " I will CHANGE things! Yes, bring troops home with HONOR (i.e. stay for 100 years)" This is the reality; constructive criticism is a positive.

driller80545
01-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Dr. Paul has been winning tough elections for a long time. Don't be too quick to assume that there is no strategy.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-09-2008, 02:51 AM
And he needs to pronounce words with t's in them correctly... It's printing money not prit'tin money.

:)

Ronin
01-09-2008, 02:53 AM
And he needs to pronounce words with t's in them correctly... It's printing money not prit'tin money.

:)

LOL, tomato's tomato's.

m72mc
01-09-2008, 03:46 AM
the reason i like him is because he is not a perfect speaker andit shows instead he ishones and it shows, thats why I got hocked.

ofc constructive criticism is never wrong. he could be a bit more sure offfffff himselfffffffff sometimes and be a bit more clear on some points sometimes. heh sometimes I think he just loves what he talks about(ekonomy) so much that he looses himself.

though IŽd hate him sound like huckabee, it shows he is so ffalse...

ps hope you could read, my keyboard is abit messy today..

hrdman2luv
01-09-2008, 12:05 PM
AND............He needs to address this "Iranian Threat" alot more. George Bush is beating the drums for Iran. He is doing the same thing to Iran, as he did with Iraq. ANd it's going to lead us into another war. And, being this close to election, I think Bush might spend a couple of months racheting up his rhetoric and them use another "Gulf of Tonkin" to make sure there is enough support by his followers to keep the rest of us busy.

What happed with the Iranian boats, to me, was just a falsehood. I hope Ron Paul can see this. And make sure everyone gets the message.
I would go all out in ads with this.