PDA

View Full Version : Why no fluctuating percentages?

RCA
01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
Is it just me, or is it completely unnatural for a voting process to maintain the EXACT same percentages at 10% all the way to 100%? It would seem that something as organic as casting votes statewide, that the percentages would fluctuate more dynamically from say 10% to 25% or from 40% to 75%, etc. It seems as if the percentage breakdown is set in the beginning and they just inflate the total votes evenly across the board. The same thing has happened on national TV in Iowa & NH.

:confused:

jd603
01-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I noticed THE SAME THING ... I was also shocked when Fox called the winner when only 14% of the precincts had reported. NO JOKE, 14% of NH

I am hoping we get more reports from blackboxvoting etc.

Misesian
01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
It has not only NOT been the same, but Paul's numbers have trended slowly downwards with each and every update of the count.

I also do not see how this is possible statistically?

We already have a count on the counties that hand-counted ballots having Ron placing much higher than 7.6% and beating McCain in counties like Richmond.

I had to be one of those that assumes or cries "Voter fraud" but unless somebody can explain to me how it's possibly for the count to trend that way I'm wondering if this election was stolen from us?? :(

jake
01-09-2008, 12:42 AM
why cant the grassroots fund an independent recount?

Grandson of Liberty
01-09-2008, 12:43 AM
once you have a big enough sample, i'd say it's pretty tough to move the needle, statistically speaking

jd603
01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Where did you get this from? Where can I check hand counts?

It has not only NOT been the same, but Paul's numbers have trended slowly downwards with each and every update of the count.

I also do not see how this is possible statistically?

We already have a count on the counties that hand-counted ballots having Ron placing much higher than 7.6% and beating McCain in counties like Richmond.

I had to be one of those that assumes or cries "Voter fraud" but unless somebody can explain to me how it's possibly for the count to trend that way I'm wondering if this election was stolen from us?? :(

hillertexas
01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
Email AG office with demand for paper ballout hand count at all machine polling locations before certification. Don't be naive people like they're trying to program us to be...

RELEASED BY: Kelly A. Ayotte, Attorney General
Roger A. Sevigny, Insurance Commissioner
SUBJECT: New Hampshire Primary, January 8, 2008
DATE: January 4, 2008
RELEASE TIME: Friday, January 4, 2008
New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office, 1-866-868-3703 or (603) 271-3650
Assistant United States Attorney Mark S. Zuckerman, (603) 225-1552

ATTORNEY GENERAL AND UNITED STATES ATTORNEY TO STAFF ELECTION INQUIRY AND COMPLAINT LINES FOR NEW HAMPSHIRE PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY

New Hampshire Attorney General Kelly Ayotte and United States Attorney Tom Colantuono announced today that both the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office and the United States Attorney’s Office will staff election inquiry and complaint lines at their respective offices throughout the day and evening during the New Hampshire Presidential Primary Election on January 8, 2008.

The New Hampshire Attorney General’s toll free election line phone number is:
1-866-868-3703
(1-866-VOTER03)
1-603-271-3650 (out-of-state)

This phone line will be staffed from 7 am to 9 pm on Primary Day. Inquiries and complaints may also be submitted via e-mail at electionlaw@doj.nh.gov or by visiting the New Hampshire Attorney General’s Office website at and clicking on “election law“ at the bottom of the list of quick links.

The United States Attorney’s election line phone number is:
(603) 545-2562

This phone line will also be staffed from 7 am to 9 pm on Primary Day. Inquiries and complaints may also be submitted through the United States Attorney’s website at www.usdoj.gov/usao/nh clicking on the “email us” link.

The state and federal election lines are available to all individuals who may have questions regarding their voting rights and/or who may want to file complaints with the New Hampshire Attorney General or the United States Attorney regarding their right to vote or any other election law violation.

jd603
01-09-2008, 12:48 AM
I suppose, but NH is not uniform, the northerners of the state are different politcally than the southerners closer to Mass.

once you have a big enough sample, i'd say it's pretty tough to move the needle, statistically speaking

r3volution
01-09-2008, 12:49 AM
i was saying this to my wife at 40% .

Misesian
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Where did you get this from? Where can I check hand counts?

I read this in the NH primary subforum.

Misesian
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM

Been a while since I was in stats class. Though with 10% of precincts reporting you really see a consistent and steady DOWNTREND of votes cast for Ron Paul?

I could see that being a sampling to extrapolate to the whole state, but you'd think the results might go up on some updates, might go down on others. It would be nice of the graphs site had this stuff, but every time I noticed an update it was always a slight trend DOWN. This is the same thing that happened in IA too IIRC.

Grandson of Liberty
01-09-2008, 01:02 AM
Been a while since I was in stats class. Though with 10% of precincts reporting you really see a consistent and steady DOWNTREND of votes cast for Ron Paul?

I could see that being a sampling to extrapolate to the whole state, but you'd think the results might go up on some updates, might go down on others. It would be nice of the graphs site had this stuff, but every time I noticed an update it was always a slight trend DOWN. This is the same thing that happened in IA too IIRC.

Been a while for me too. . .had to leave for work at about 18% of vote and we were flirting with catching Rudy at the time. Wasn't aware of the downtrend until now.