PDA

View Full Version : Does GrannyWarriors post her Newsletters here? If Not, here's the latest...

politicsNproverbs
01-09-2008, 12:13 AM
Does GrannyWarriors regularly post a copy of her newsletter here?

Her newest newsletter just rolled into my email tonight. Like everyone she is disappointed re: NH, yet not throwing in the towel. Inspiring commentary on their travels and RP Supporters, and "turning on" others to RP, etc. which may cheer everyone up!

Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 21:14:45 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Magnolia Texas

Granny News

On The Road Again

Leaving NC wasn't such a terrible thing for me this time.

Snow, sleet and 18 degree weather isn't something I can really miss. Getting back on the road for Ron this time was a happy moment.Usually I have a lot of apprehension about going on the road with just Buddy but this time Chris Moore is permanently installed in the drivers seat. This young man left a very well paying job, sold his possessions and has decided to work full time to get Dr. Paul elected. I appreciate him so much, good driving skills, calm and a big know it all. We spent the first night in Atlanta at one of his college friends home who by the way is joining us also. Mike another tech junkie and know it all is great. With two of these guys along there isn't much that people can ask they don't already know the answer to or can whip out their laptops and show the answer in black and white.

We did our new radio show from Atlanta with a special guest Ike with the Ron Paul Meet up there. This was our first show and we were all very nervous especially since our equipment is on the way to Texas and we are in Atlanta. We carried on with the cell phones and with the great work of Mike and Chris everything seemed to go very well, we even got a few calls from listeners.

As you can see below Buddy is up to his old tricks again while no one was watching.

We took the next days ride in stride also, just poking along and talking to lots of people and enjoying the time getting to know each other. Second night we spent at a real camp ground in Alabama where the people were all amazed at us having a monkey. Seems like everyone is just blown away with Buddy which is great as it gives us a chance to talk about Dr.Paul with people who would not ordinarily come out to talk.

When entering Alabama we saw lots of Ron Paul Activity, signs and lots of honks for Paul but going through Miss and La was a real treat. Signs everywhere and the honks were one after the other with the truckers all talking on the CB about our lost liberties and Dr. Paul..

In La we stopped by a old friends home to say hello and of course just had to stay the night. After some freshly fried catfish for dinner and a healthy discussion on politics Chris got down to business showing them some of the many sites for Ron. These are good people but don't have computers so they have not heard much about our guy. Look at the intense expressions on their faces looking at the computer. I think we may have some new support here.

Mr Joe and Miss Marion live in a small town right on the Bayou. Naturally two city boys were totally blown away by the swamp. After dark we were all sitting arround the table and talking when a big old Owl on the roof hooted scaring both Chris and Mike and absolutely delighting our hosts. Chris and Mike were like sponges listening late into the night on how the "CoonAsses" ( yes that is what they call themselves, not something I made up) lived years ago and how they fed and clothed their families from the Bayou's bounty which is all but gone now.

We all have to stop and remember that everyone does not have the internet or knows how to use it. We all have to make that extra effort towards getting the information out to those that simply do not have the information they need to make a good decision.

In Magnolia where we are going to be at the big event "house painting party" we met our host and Buddy fell in love with him. Nannette and Rashee are great folks and are true patriots. Can you imagine painting your entire home with a Ron Paul billboard? And people thought I was crazy.

I am sitting here in the RV now the radio show is over, we have had dinner and everything is quiet, Mike and Chris are inside with Nannette and her husband so I have a few minutes of total quiet. I don't think you can appreciate this unless you have been with us for the past few days.. there is a constant banter back and forth with some serious political discussions going on all the time between the two of them. They are so full of information and constantly astounding me with their knowledge. And I thought kids today were dumb. Anyway the quiet is very nice for a change. Chris is a excellent driver and while he drives Mike is on the computer researching details for future radio shows, proving a point to Chris on the computer and actually working at his job. This is working out so well. Both are very good young men, respectful, energetic and willing slaves doing all the hard work which is such a blessing to me.

I was so depressed at Ron's poor showing in NH when I know for sure that that whole state is covered with signs of support it just flabbergasted me. How could McCain come in so strong? I spoke with several people up there that are on the front lines and they are all in shock. Nevertheless, this is not the end.. This only shows us that we have to do this ourselves. The National committee is just not honed in on the average person and what they need to hear or how to get the message to them. We see hundreds of folks a day and I do believe we make some headway. You can see in a persons eyes if they are listening and comprehending what you are saying, just make sure to speak to them as real people who are important to you and the campaign. And have fun.

The campaign is asking for more money now? I am not sending them a cent, I have spent everything I can rake and scrape together to run this RV around the country and haven't even gotten a phone call returned. I think as I have thought for a long time now they are not competant to run this campaign and it is being seen now in the results from the primary's. Lets all get our mess together and start our own work. Fund our own events. Let them know they are not going to be able to just say we need more money and have it thrown at them. I hope you will all think about this. There are so many people working at their own expense and doing a much better job than any of the paid workers. And paid extremely well too. I don't think they are out to undo Dr. Paul but simply are too damned smart for their own good and for ours also. They have no conception of what ordinary people like us are thinking or need to hear. It is up to us to make sure we cover all the bases not just talk over peoples heads. Most people need to hear the truth, it isn't easy sometimes as they are all so accustomed to hearing lies of politicians it is up to us to convey the facts to them about Dr. Paul. We have the ability and the energy. Let's "GET R DUN"

I have asked for help several times and always managed to get enough funding to get to the next event and keep this thing on the road but now we have absolutely run out of credit, this is the last trip we can help finance on credit cards so am now asking for your help. If you think we are doing a service that is helpful please send us some cash for gas. We still support our own needs, Chris has sold all of his belongings to fund his support, Mike is still working on line every day for his support and Tim is still making sure I have the items I need daily. We need your serious support now. Send your money to people in the field not just me but to many who are struggling as I am to keep on going.

We have sent millions to the campaign committee which shows such arrogance and inefficency surely everyone can send us a few dollars to keep us going.

You can see what we are doing every day. In the past 4 days we have handed out 3 boxes of slim jims. Not just putting them on windshields but in the hands of people along with a DVD they can watch at home.

We are on the radio daily just after Jack Blood on GCN Radio Network plugging Dr. Paul. Look at the website: http://www.ronpaulroadshow.org for the details of the show. Give us a call even if you disagree with us you won't get hung up on. We really do care and hope to continue building a base of more and more patriots to continue to fight for our country and our own way of life. We do not have much time left to get Dr Paul on the ballot, we can't afford to waste a moment. I am willing to put my life on hold, work many hours and talk and talk and talk also listen which is half the battle.. Know what is on the people's minds you are talking to before you ever start to tell them about Dr. Paul. Once you know that you can show them what our candidate has to say about that particular problem. It makes such a difference.

I hate to be so blunt and almost beg for help but folks, we are about to the finish line and we need a big shove to get past the blockaid laid down by the media. We will be doing our best to get on to the news as many places as we can in the next few weeks.. We must keep on going, getting stronger and stronger. We have everything to lose.

Again I am asking for help. I pray it comes our way.

Now for a little giggle: Watch this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcBb3PudTcA

This is only the text of her email, obviously. Her website is: http://www.grannywarriors.com