PDA

View Full Version : A libertarian country has formed right in the heart of America!

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
The Lakotah Indians have seceded from the US

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317548,00.html

One good thing came out of all this for me. I have found my new home. I had never heard this before and I just spent 40 minutes reading up on this. The Lakotah Indians are establishing a libertarian, tax-free government right in the heart of America. They have the legal rights as stated in the US Constitution to secede and have been recognized by all international countries except the US, Canada and Australia. They welcome everyone to join their new country. All people who currently live within their borders have been offered citizenship. They will issue their own passports and driver's licenses.

I am dead serious. I will be doing more research into this and will join the Lakotahs in the fight for their sovereignty. They have a very solid legal case and I only hope that in this day and age, the US will not be able to resort to using force. Please join with me.

http://www.republicoflakotah.com/images/lakotanationw.jpg

skinnyskittles1989
01-09-2008, 12:07 AM
exactly how libertarian is it?

disciple
01-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Sounds appealing.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-09-2008, 12:09 AM
It gets better. Guess who made this happen. Russel Means. The same Russel Means that Ron Paul beat back in 1988.

Chris Conyers
01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
Russel Means also played Chingachgook in the Last of the Mohicans film.

EvilEngineer
01-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Hmm... I'd move there.

amy31416
01-09-2008, 12:17 AM
Good for them. I support them fully and possibly by becoming a citizen if they'll have me.

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:18 AM
It gets better. Guess who made this happen. Russel Means. The same Russel Means that Ron Paul beat back in 1988.

Yeah, Russel Means is an active Libertarian party member. His real name is Oyate Wacinyapin.

The goverment is being worked out right now. They have issued a Declaration of Continuing Independence and are in the process of writing a constitution.

From everything that I have read so far, this is completely legal according to our Constitution and the Fort Laramie Treaty of 1851 that the US government has signed with the Lakotah people recognizing the sovereignty of their nation. The facts are, that the US and it's citizens have been in constant violation of that treaty ever since, but that does not change the terms of the treaty. The US Constitution still recognizes the independance of the Lakotah nation. The only way the US could stop this is through deadly force. They cannot stop it by law.

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:25 AM
Good for them. I support them fully and possibly by becoming a citizen if they'll have me.

They have said on their website that they will take all comers into their new Republic. All you have to do is renounce your citizenship and become a Lakotah. They do not care about race. They want all entrepreneurs to be involved in their new country.

Right now they are still getting started, so citizenship is not possible yet, but you may want to keep it in mind once it is available. This is a great time to start something new and amazing. You could be a pioneer of a new country(even though it is actually a very old country).

Abobo
01-09-2008, 12:29 AM
If this gets off the ground and the government doesn't start killing these people I'd become a citizen.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 12:31 AM
Is this really serious? I'm totaly moving there.

Onethreezer0
01-09-2008, 12:32 AM
This is wonderful.

ceakins
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
They'd have to have a fat internet pipe. ;)

CountryRoads
01-09-2008, 12:33 AM
In other news, the United States has started sending free blankets to the indians to congratulate them.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
Just remember people... the last time part of the United States tried to suceed there was a civil war...

philipsantamaria
01-09-2008, 12:35 AM
I wonder if they will accept American Tourism.

ceakins
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Just remember people... the last time part of the United States tried to suceed there was a civil war...

Maybe we need something like that to wake American masses out of their dope haze.

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 12:36 AM
if the Government responds with Deadly Force... I think there will be an uprising against the Government.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 12:38 AM
if the Government responds with Deadly Force... I think there will be an uprising against the Government.

which government do you speak of? You have to realize there are two now.

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 12:39 AM
which government do you speak of? You have to realize there are two now.

American

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:41 AM

I haven't forgotten that, but we live in a new era now. This seccesion is entirely legitimate and legal. The UN has recognized the new nation's sovereignty. America as a nation is very aware of the wrongs done to the native Americans. The people will not have the stomach for murdering US citizens seeking their own independence. I hope.

evan2024
01-09-2008, 12:44 AM
This is very interesting and they definitely have a case for independence here's their website:
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/

They've actually been traveling to other countries trying to gain recognition.

Does anyone know what the different colors mean on the map? I can't seem to find anything about it.

amy31416
01-09-2008, 12:45 AM
In other news, the United States has started sending free blankets to the indians to congratulate them.

Sick but funny.

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:46 AM

Well, the Lakotah have committed to not have an armed force. They know that it will be used as an excuse for the US to attack them militarily. I will become a citizen as soon as possible. I'm sick of where America has gone. It looks like the RL(Republic of Lakotah) is what we are looking for.

There are millions of us libertarians. This is a dream for us. Imagine the possibilities.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 12:47 AM
I haven't forgotten that, but we live in a new era now. This seccesion is entirely legitimate and legal. The UN has recognized the new nation's sovereignty. America as a nation is very aware of the wrongs done to the native Americans. The people will not have the stomach for murdering US citizens seeking their own independence. I hope.

I doubt the US government is about to let go of a chunck of the heartland... if they really insist on being independent something drastic is going to happen. What if other tribes decide to succeed?

Frankie Lee
01-09-2008, 12:49 AM
I will consider this after college if it is looking good.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Hate to rain on the parade, as this sounds great in theory.. It is not very practical.. A Landlocked chunk of land with no real means to drive an economy is doomed for failure..

amy31416
01-09-2008, 12:50 AM
They have said on their website that they will take all comers into their new Republic. All you have to do is renounce your citizenship and become a Lakotah. They do not care about race. They want all entrepreneurs to be involved in their new country.

Right now they are still getting started, so citizenship is not possible yet, but you may want to keep it in mind once it is available. This is a great time to start something new and amazing. You could be a pioneer of a new country(even though it is actually a very old country).

It's a fascinating concept. One that I will definitely not rule out. Stay in the US, be a citizen, but of an entirely different society.....absolutely fascinating. Small enough country to have an effect...very interesting.

katao
01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
I agree that the country wouldn't stomach using force against the Lakotah. War in Iraq is one thing, watching Native Americans go to jail or die is quite another.

But it may be tougher to get rid of your U.S. citizenship than gaining Lakotah citizenship. The government today prevents many individuals from divorcing themselves from the U.S., despite them publicly renouncing their citizenship, if the govt thinks they are not mentally unstable or are doing it for tax-evasion purposes.

legion
01-09-2008, 12:51 AM
Wow. I love Russell Means and hadn't heard anything about this.

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:53 AM
This is very interesting and they definitely have a case for independence here's their website:

They've actually been traveling to other countries trying to gain recognition.

Does anyone know what the different colors mean on the map? I can't seem to find anything about it.

The red parts is where the current reservations are. The yellow outline is the area recognized by the Fort Laramie Treaty as the boundaries of the Lakotah nation. I'm not sure what the orange section is.

evan2024
01-09-2008, 12:55 AM
Hate to rain on the parade, as this sounds great in theory.. It is not very practical.. A Landlocked chunk of land with no real means to drive an economy is doomed for failure..

Not if they have fewer regulations and much lower taxes than the United States. This place is also very close to the U.S. market, surrounded by it in fact. Businesses will flock to this place with factory jobs.

There is potential here for a libertarian paradise.

JohnnyWrath
01-09-2008, 12:56 AM

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM

All the inner states are landlocked. They have offered citizenship to all the people that live within their boundaries. Whatever economy that exists there now would remain the current economy. There is already infrastructure in place and people already live there.

We will have to see where this goes, but it's very clear that this secession is legitimate.

evan2024
01-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Sick but funny.

Ah, the irony.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
This is NOT legitimate. Unfortunately for Means, he does not have the authority to withdraw from any treaties in that he does not officially represent the Lakota people.

ConservativeResurgance
01-09-2008, 01:00 AM
I somehow doubt the majority of Americans currently living in that territory are going to agree to the succession, and they aren't going to want to leave either.

Dave Pedersen
01-09-2008, 01:03 AM
That a huge stretch of very windy country. I bet they could export their wind power surplus.

luaPnoR
01-09-2008, 01:04 AM
So will the Lakotah vote for Ron Paul you think? ;)

Cali4RonPaul
01-09-2008, 01:05 AM
Excellent I say we all move there and raise money to buy the lakota off the land.. thats their big complaint they are suffering from poverty.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:07 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317548,00.htmlWAKE UP PEOPLE! Are you now trusting Fox News to get the facts straight?

evan2024
01-09-2008, 01:08 AM
Excellent I say we all move there and raise money to buy the lakota off the land.. thats their big complaint they are suffering from poverty.

I smell a moneybomb.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 01:09 AM
All the inner states are landlocked. They have offered citizenship to all the people that live within their boundaries. Whatever economy that exists there now would remain the current economy. There is already infrastructure in place and people already live there.

We will have to see where this goes, but it's very clear that this secession is legitimate.

What I meant is I do not belive that "area" of land can sustain itself as a nation without outside help. Even if the US decided not to send the 7th Cavalry to stop them, they would not be friendly to them decalring independance so you can bet they will not be getting any goods from the US.

Since it is landlocked by the US everything coming in or out has to pass through US airspace or over land so.. In the end they will have to fight a war with no real possibility of winning you need a sea port and a REAL industrial infrastructure to even entertain the idea..

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 01:11 AM
This is NOT legitimate. Unfortunately for Means, he does not have the authority to withdraw from any treaties in that he does not officially represent the Lakota people.

Russell Means is an official representative of the Lakotah people. This is not his sole effort.

January 2, 2008
Notice to All Prospective Buyers and Lessors of Government Owned Real Estate within the Republic of Lakotah
Lakota, through its government, have appointed representatives to withdraw from all the treaties with the United States of America.
Lakota, through such representatives, have formally withdrawn from all agreements and treaties with the United States of America. The reinstitution of our freedom and independence is found in law.
Lakotah has reclaimed sovereignty as a nation and over its traditional lands. The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties substantiate this freedom.
While we have the right to impose liens on all of the real estate in our country, we are only declaring liens on real estate held by governments foreign to the Republic of Lakotah, but not on real estate held by private parties. However, if you buy, lease, or make any other real estate transaction with any government foreign to the Republic of Lakotah after this date, the real estate may be subject to a lien by the Republic of Lakotah or the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah. This would especially apply to the purchase of tax deeds or extraction rights.
If you are interested in obtaining any such property free and clear of any lien by the Republic of Lakotah or the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah, please let us know.

We look forward to making win-win solutions with all people in our country.
Russell Means
Chief Facilitator
Provisional Government

Antonius Stone
01-09-2008, 01:11 AM
hemp farming.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 01:12 AM
Another possible succession, if this one works out...
http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2007/12/22/18468443.php

romeshomey
01-09-2008, 01:14 AM
I'd be willing to move there.

Edward
Russell Means is an official representative of the Lakotah people. This is not his sole effort.

January 2, 2008
Notice to All Prospective Buyers and Lessors of Government Owned Real Estate within the Republic of Lakotah
Lakota, through its government, have appointed representatives to withdraw from all the treaties with the United States of America.
Lakota, through such representatives, have formally withdrawn from all agreements and treaties with the United States of America. The reinstitution of our freedom and independence is found in law.
Lakotah has reclaimed sovereignty as a nation and over its traditional lands. The Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States of America and the Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties substantiate this freedom.
While we have the right to impose liens on all of the real estate in our country, we are only declaring liens on real estate held by governments foreign to the Republic of Lakotah, but not on real estate held by private parties. However, if you buy, lease, or make any other real estate transaction with any government foreign to the Republic of Lakotah after this date, the real estate may be subject to a lien by the Republic of Lakotah or the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah. This would especially apply to the purchase of tax deeds or extraction rights.
If you are interested in obtaining any such property free and clear of any lien by the Republic of Lakotah or the Bank of the Republic of Lakotah, please let us know.

We look forward to making win-win solutions with all people in our country.
Russell Means
Chief Facilitator
Provisional Government

The Lakota Sioux are not the "Republic of Lakota". He has as much authority to withdraw from a treaty as you do as President of Ron Paul Forums.

evan2024
What I meant is I do not belive that "area" of land can sustain itself as a nation without outside help. Even if the US decided not to send the 7th Cavalry to stop them, they would not be friendly to them decalring independance so you can bet they will not be getting any goods from the US.

Since it is landlocked by the US everything coming in or out has to pass through US airspace or over land so.. In the end they will have to fight a war with no real possibility of winning you need a sea port and a REAL industrial infrastructure to even entertain the idea..

I agree, kinda. Their success would depend largely on free trade with the United States. Given that, imagine the business lobby in Washington for free trade with Lakota, especially if they establish a low tax, low regulation haven. I think we know how powerful lobbyist can be too.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 01:15 AM
What kind of jobs do they have in this region?

evan2024
01-09-2008, 01:16 AM
hemp farming.

seconded!

Edward
I'm not saying Wikipedia is the end all or be all, but here is some starter information to get some of you in the fact checking mode...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakota_people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Lakota

ConservativeResurgance

What he said, come on guys, I can't tell if your serious or not here but the US can simply blockade the area into submission without ever having to directly violent intervention. That is, if more than 5% of the citizens there would actually succeed and not just continue to operate as if the area is US territory.

Xonox
01-09-2008, 01:17 AM
Perhaps it's not quite as legitimate as it would seem...
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/01/05/lakota-freedom-delegation-says-spokesman-russell-means-hijacked-organization/

romeshomey
01-09-2008, 01:20 AM
where is that map from, what do the different shades of color indicate?

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:21 AM
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/01/05/lakota-freedom-delegation-says-spokesman-russell-means-hijacked-organization/I sense reason attempting to shine it's light here...

kushaze
01-09-2008, 01:22 AM
I am definitely in.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:23 AM
I am definitely in....maybe not...

evan2024
01-09-2008, 01:24 AM
http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/01/05/lakota-freedom-delegation-says-spokesman-russell-means-hijacked-organization/

If this is true, then who is the legitimate Lakota leader? Maybe he can be won over.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:25 AM
If this is true, then who is the legitimate Lakota leader? Maybe he can be won over.Sigh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakota_people#Government

Luft97
01-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Q: Are there any organized efforts to promote a Texas secession?

A: Yes. An organization self-described as the Republic of Texas Interim Government asserts, among other things, that the annexation of Texas as a U.S. State was illegal and/or improperly executed, and that the current Texas State government is therefore illegitimate. Their website can be found at http://www.republic-of-texas.net.

Another organization of interest is Texas Constitution 2000, which calls on Texans to ratify a new constitution liberating Texas from the economic and statutory slavery of the U.S. government. Their website is http://www.tcrf.com.

The Independent Nation of Texas website features a FAQ page listing reasons why secession would be good for Texas, as well as links to multiple online resources pertaining to Texas secession, at http://www.anus.com/etc/texas/.

I think we would be better off working with these people ;)

(What I meant by "these people" is the Republic of Texas) - Info came from http://www.texassecede.com/faq.asp -

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:28 AM
I think we would be better off working with these people ;)Does anyone here yet recognize that "these people" are activists who do not officially represent the Lakota people?

From the above link (http://mensnewsdaily.com/2008/01/05/lakota-freedom-delegation-says-spokesman-russell-means-hijacked-organization/)...

Since the Delegation's press conference, the Rosebud Sioux Tribe and the Cheyenne River Reservation have rejected Means's and the delegation's declaration of secession.

"They're individuals acting on their own. They did not come to the Rosebud Sioux tribal council or our government in any way to get our support and we do not support what they've done. We do not support what Means and his group are doing and they don't have any support from any tribal government I know of. They don't speak for us," said Rosebud Sioux Tribe president, Rodney Bordeaux.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 01:32 AM
But what about this Edward:

Despite those rejections rejection, Archer said that the Pine Ridge Reservation's council will "consider the proposal." A representative for the Standing Rock Reservation's council has said that that reservation is also considering Lakotah Oyate's proposal. Lakotah Oyate have also been holding discussions with "about 150" other indigenous organizations in the U.S. and mentioned particularly the Native Hawaiians.

evan2024
01-09-2008, 01:35 AM
Sigh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakota_people#Government

5 different "semi-autonomous political entities"

sigh...indeed

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:37 AM
But what about thisWho knows? That's might be what I say to my daughter when she wants to date someone twice her age and I just want to watch the news.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
5 different "semi-autonomous political entities"

sigh...indeedYep, it's confusing to me, too. What's clear is that Means doesn't have the power to do what some think he can do.

politicsNproverbs
01-09-2008, 01:39 AM
It sure was fun thinking about it while it lasted... Love all those areas/states.

I feel bad for them. I hope it works out eventually for THEIR sakes, if that's what they want.

Pete Kay
01-09-2008, 01:43 AM
Well, damn Edward. Way to go and burst my bubble. I was getting really hyped up about this.

Edward
01-09-2008, 01:52 AM
Well, damn Edward. Way to go and burst my bubble. I was getting really hyped up about this.Sorry. I was thinking as we went along that I should have just let everyone have their fun. I guess I'm the dumbass who tells kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist...

evan2024
01-09-2008, 01:54 AM
Maybe they will surprise us. Until then the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org/) may be our best hope. No state income tax, no state sales tax, and overall lowest taxes in the country.

CurtisLow
01-09-2008, 01:55 AM
very interesting.... I would like to learn more.

Abobo
01-09-2008, 02:02 AM
Maybe they will surprise us. Until then the Free State Project (http://www.freestateproject.org/) may be our best hope. No state income tax, no state sales tax, and overall lowest taxes in the country.

Screw New Hampshire, after tonight they lost all my respect. When I move it's either going to be to Vegas or Panama.

amy31416
01-09-2008, 02:03 AM
Sorry. I was thinking as we went along that I should have just let everyone have their fun. I guess I'm the dumbass who tells kids that Santa Claus doesn't exist...

That was you???? You son of a . . . .

PimpBlimp
01-09-2008, 02:03 AM
is pot going to be legal

amy31416
01-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Screw New Hampshire, after tonight they lost all my respect. When I move it's either going to be to Vegas or Panama.

What? Montana's not good enough for you?

Snob.

rice_classic
01-09-2008, 02:09 AM
I like the idea behind it but I live in Seattle and honestly, moving from an area like Seattle to there... NOT an upgrade.

the PacNW seriously rocks, there's a reason why half of California is moving here! Locals sometimes refer to it as Seattle-fornia.

When Lakotah becomes a soveriegn nation I'll be property there... Perhaps a Winter home? Any good skiing in that region?

SeanEdwards
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM

Switzerland is landlocked and consists mostly of alpine terrain and glaciers.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 02:35 AM

I am with you. The Free State Project sounds like a failure when NH nominates Hillary and McCain. Is it relatively easy to move to Panama? You are like the 5th person on this forum who mentioned wanting to move to Panama. The Lakotah nation thing would be cool though.

EvilEngineer
01-09-2008, 02:43 AM
Switzerland is landlocked and consists mostly of alpine terrain and glaciers.

yup, the lakota need to be the US bankers when they enslave their population.

legion
01-09-2008, 02:43 AM
I am with you. The Free State Project sounds like a failure when NH nominates Hillary and McCain. Is it relatively easy to move to Panama? You are like the 5th person on this forum who mentioned wanting to move to Panama. The Lakotah nation thing would be cool though (isn't Yellowstone in the middle of that territory?).

Hello? Only 500 people have actually moved there. 8000 have pledged to when 10,000 is reached. I haven't signed up and won't until I finish school.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 02:46 AM
Hello? Only 500 people have actually moved there. 8000 have pledged to when 10,000 is reached. I haven't signed up and won't until I finish school.

Yeah, but why would any one want to move to a state that nominates McCain and Hillary (they got over 200,000 people to vote for them there)? Just that reason makes it sound like a shitty place to move to. Sounds like a lost cause to me full of mindless zombies.

Abobo
01-09-2008, 02:48 AM
I am with you. The Free State Project sounds like a failure when NH nominates Hillary and McCain. Is it relatively easy to move to Panama? You are like the 5th person on this forum who mentioned wanting to move to Panama. The Lakotah nation thing would be cool though (isn't Yellowstone in the middle of that territory?).

From what I've read Panama just LOVES foreign money. They actively encourage people to live and especially retire there. They have zero tax on foreign earned income. They have strict bank privacy laws. foreigners can own land, with full legal rights, without becoming a citizen. Cost of living is very low. The major cities have good communications networks and infrastructure. And they also speak a fair amount of English.

They also use the US dollar as their currency. That's good for convenience, but also bad become they will be hurt when it collapses.

I would really love to move to Switzerland, but they only let you live their if you get a job ( VERY hard to do ) or have a LOT of money.

legion
01-09-2008, 02:49 AM
Yeah, but why would any one want to move to a state that nominates McCain and Hillary (they got over 200,000 people to vote for them there)? Just that reason makes it sound like a shitty place to move to. Sounds like a lost cause to me full of mindless zombies.

A few people can go a long way to changing people's minds.

kushaze
01-09-2008, 02:52 AM
A few people can go a long way to changing people's minds.

I don't know if its possible. They have gone their whole lives being brainwashed. The best thing we can do is to raise our children,so that they have the ability to think for themselves. Everyone else seems like a lost cause.

Danny Molina
01-09-2008, 03:34 AM
If you want to contact Mean for questions here is his email.

treaty@plateautel.net

Misesean
01-09-2008, 04:56 AM
http://www.republicoflakotah.com/images/lakotanationw.jpg

This is pretty old news by now...but does anybody know which area they're claiming, yet? The yellow, orange, or brown?
(And the fact that they've been running around courting people like Chavez and Morales doesn't exactly inspire confidence...)

Drknows
01-09-2008, 05:08 AM
real men succeed they don't join a tribe, leave the country, or buy a island. Dont turn this into some hippy movement this is a real movement. We have 10 percent of the republican vote so far.

We stay till the very end!

Indy Vidual
01-09-2008, 05:13 AM
If this was real it would be the biggest Libertarian success in modern history.
Unfortunately, the leader doesn't have the support of most of the tribes. :(

TheRaguu
01-09-2008, 05:18 AM
real men succeed they don't join a tribe, leave the country, or buy a island. Dont turn this into some hippy movement this is a real movement. We have 10 percent of the republican vote so far.

We stay till the very end!

Real men protect their family at all costs. We'll continue to fight while we're here, however, we are headed for Ecuador in Dec 08 (friends in region). We'll travel for a year or so and see if the US is worth returning to. If we don't return, we'll continue the fight abroad.

I can only imagine what legislation is sitting idly by waiting for the next 9/11 event here to introduce.

-----

Note: Before jumping all over my post count total, I've been a dailypaul member (active) for months and have been canvassing since September.

WilliamC
01-09-2008, 05:25 AM
If this gets off the ground and the government doesn't start killing these people I'd become a citizen.

There's the rub.

Rintrah
01-09-2008, 05:39 AM
Unfortunately, the leader doesn't have the support of most of the tribes.

Yes, this is the key thing they don't mention. The actual Lakotah in charge aren't going for this.
I knew it was to good to be true. Besides, even if it was true- The US government wouldn't allow it. We'd have our third Wounded Knee and the public would cheer.

jupiter
01-09-2008, 05:41 AM
They absolutely *should* have the right to secede. Unfortunately, it looks as though the Lakota people are spread out enough (and probably bought out) much like "this" country. If this were the case, you can expect nothing to be done, and only the people to be harmed.

By the way, if those conditions really as atrocious as described on the website, isn't it the leader's responsibility to take action.

Be careful of e-mailing Means, etc. etc. -- these people are probably under heavy scrutiny by the "powers that be".

Starwind
01-09-2008, 05:43 AM
I'll move there immediately.

familydog
01-09-2008, 07:16 AM
Wow this is pretty cool.

kimosabi
01-09-2008, 07:38 AM
Their already using deadly force, it's just slow deadly force, aerial spraying, poison in your food and water and immunizations, their should have been another revolution 50 f^ckin years ago when they firast got started makin everyone stupid...

rpfreedom08
01-09-2008, 07:46 AM
Their already using deadly force, it's just slow deadly force, aerial spraying, poison in your food and water and immunizations, their should have been another revolution 50 f^ckin years ago when they firast got started makin everyone stupid...

not to sound like a conspiracy theorist but I would say your right. They have been doing the chem trails for a long time and people have analized the substance that comes down to the ground and they find out quick that it is very toxic stuff. I would say they are double timing it in this little libertarian stonghold because isn't the Nafta highway supposed to go right up that way?

tsopranos
01-09-2008, 07:49 AM
The DEA's War On Native Americans
http://bestdocumentaries.blogspot.com/2007/12/deas-war-on-native-americans.html

The Lakota 'Indian' Nation's battle for Industrial Hemp in the U.S. PBS documentary about DEA tyranny of the Lakota Nation's attempts to feed their people by growing earth-friendly non-drug industrial hemp.

ecliptic
01-09-2008, 07:59 AM
They'd have to have a fat internet pipe. ;)

Glass for everyone!

maeqFREEDOMfree
01-09-2008, 08:50 AM
I've emailed them about eligibility to become a citizen. I'll post whatever i hear back

Ogren
01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
Don't forget to stop by the forums and say hi to everyone. I just signed up. They seem like they would be very receptive to paul's message.

Redcard
01-09-2008, 08:53 AM
It's so successful that the Lakota Republic has run into a massive crime problem in which women are being raped by white men.. and nothing is being done about it through lack of law enforcement and the inability of the federal government to get involved immediately.

Ogren
01-09-2008, 09:13 AM
bump

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Sounds good to me.

BuddyRey
07-21-2010, 01:53 AM
Does anyone know how the RoL is progressing? News seems to be slow in arriving outside the western Lakotah area.

inibo
07-21-2010, 01:48 PM
I'm on the RoL mailing list. Other than occasional rambling videos by Russell Means I don't see much happening.

Live_Free_Or_Die
07-21-2010, 02:00 PM
The RoL has some major obstacles. Native American culture is not very property rights friendly and some reservations are in a culture crisis. Check out the documentary Vanguard did about rape on the reservation. You will not walk away with warm fuzzy feelings after watching it.

BuddyRey
07-21-2010, 06:10 PM
^ That's unfortunate. I was really looking to those guys to lead the way for the rest of us. I don't think they know it yet, but if the Native tribes can preserve their culture of self-sufficiency and living off of the land even after TSHTF, they'll probably end up running this whole country again, both economically and politically, just as they did before Europeans settled it.

Keith and stuff
12-17-2010, 12:40 PM
The reason nothing happened was because this was just an idea. There hasn't been much support for the idea so nothing happened.

heavenlyboy34
12-17-2010, 12:53 PM
It sounds interesting, but I think the Free State West project is more practical at this time.

speciallyblend
12-22-2010, 01:08 AM
The reason nothing happened was because this was just an idea. There hasn't been much support for the idea so nothing happened.

there is not much out there! Great idea bad location!!! boy did our gov screw the lakota!! pretty sad when you drive thru pine ridge not to mention the mold issues!!

the area needs alot of investment!!! ALOT!!! hell south dakota is pulling up the asphalt to save money on the res roads for up keep! Various tribes are louting what money is on the res! Makes haiti look like luxury!