PDA

View Full Version : Here's why the Grassroots should Focus on Caucus States

free.alive
01-09-2008, 12:02 AM
Caucus states are better for grassroots - you directly get out your vote and the process is much more transparent.

How many people may have been for Ron Paul, but then went with McCain to stop Huck or Ghoul, when if there were several there and they knew they were all for Paul, his vote would have stuck.

Also, for those who are worried about fixes or voting machines, this is totally taken out of the equation.

Third, and probably most importantly, caucuses (except in Iowa) generally have a much lower turnout. I've heard that the typical caucus vote is worth something like 30,000 votes or something. Of course, primaries have low turnouts as well, but it's much easier for any idiot to go place a vote for whoever was ahead that day in the news, than to be a party activist, learn about the rules and what a caucus does, and then to go and sit through the speeches and such. We can take all the caucus states from here on out if we do it right! Primaries are controlled by the media.

Alaska 2/5
Colorado
Hawaii
Kansas
Louisiana (and primary)
Maine
Minnesota
Montana (and primary)
Nevada
North Dakota
Washington (and primary)

dkim68
01-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Ron Paul voted for drilling oil in Alaska. I wonder if Alaskans like that or dislike that. I would think they would support it since it would mean more jobs for them up there. And frankly, it's way past time we started relying on ourselves for fuel.