PDA

View Full Version : It really isn't as bad as people make it seem

njandrewg
01-08-2008, 11:47 PM
First of all lets talk about the competition: going into the next states its a draw.

We have:
-Huckabee who won Iowa, who we all know will never get the nomination, but he'll be a good contender so he'll get his fair share of votes. + lets not forget he only won Iowa because he spent his year there exclusively.
-McCain who won NH, who was able to get even less votes than he got in 2000. And he had a huge advantage, he spent all his year in NH and had the left overs from his 2000 Run. Where he got 115,000 votes. So a lot of people voted for him w/o updating on his record. Which is why as some people pointed out half the people voted for him because they thought he was anti-war.
-Romney: sure he got 2nd in his first 2 states. But he has plenty of $$$ to stay in the race and will be able to compete and get his fair share of votes. + he has the highest delegate #.
-Giuliani: sure he wasn't doing so hot now, but we'll be coming into states where he'll be competing, so once again he'll split the vote.
-Thompson: South Carolina is where he is at, so the next state will be split also.

Second lets talk about voter turn out.

We have:
just had the few states where everyone comes out to vote, no matter what, because its the state's past time. As we get into other states that number will go down big time. Hell I heard on TV that something like 70% of NH people came out to vote. High voter turn out is a bad thing for us, because voter apathy is our advantage. As we get further down through the states, less and less people will come out to vote, so our small core group will be doing just fine.

Third lets talk about the delegates.

We have a total of 2,380 delegates in all 50 states. The current leader is Romney with 30 delegates. Do you guys not understand what a drop in the bucket that is? The ONLY thing the early states are good for is filtering out the candidates. And declaring the "front runners". But this is not your typical election so this has done nothing.

Now lets talk about the future. Its quiet obvious that we need to do more to get the people out. Hell in NH we did worse than the official polls had us at. The problem is college students and them being a bunch of lazy asses. We need to create some sort of mail list to remind people on the day of election to get to the polls. We also need to work on getting Ron's name and positions out...hell there are plenty of Republicans against the war why not play up on that issue?

Also about those flyers, the problem with them is they are NOVELS, seriously its a block of text with all of Ron's positions. Noone reads them. Thats a problem, hell I can tell that 99% of people have their minds wondering as they are reading this because of it's length. So how about pointing out certain positions, and ushering people to a website with all the info?

Something along the lines of: "Ron Paul, the only Republican candidate for president who wants to bring our troops back from Iraq". You KNOW people will find that out eventually, so come out with that, get the people who are interesting in that, then on a website, at something like www.simplyron.com or something like that have that novel, with instructions how to vote. And a mailing list to get a reminder to go vote.

Seriously guys we've come from nothing in a short amount of time, sure the NH could have been the magic bullet, but we've all seen the media, the magic is short lived, and winning outside of NH will be an even bigger magic bullet. Instead of moping about not doing well, realize that the horses haven't even left the stables yet, and that we have plenty of power to make this happen. We just have to use our current resources and bring it up a notch.

And lets not forget that Ron still has a shit ton of money to work with, which is more than Huckabee and McCain going into states where those guys haven't put any effort in.

Seriously guys we've been doing better and better as the months went on, we still have a WHOLE MONTH before super tuesday. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Hell even after super tuesday, we can focus on those states everyone forgets, get those delegates, and still make a decent amount of delegates, so that we get taken seriously at the national convention.

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
No one said it was going to be easy. Anyone who thought it was going to be a cakewalk wasn't being realistic. We will continue to grow.

TwiLeXia
01-09-2008, 12:11 AM
nice, i agree

Bacon
01-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Do we expect Ron Paul's percentages to be higher than around 10% where Iowa and NH were around? Do we hope he starts polling at say 20% and other candidates be in the teens? Do yall think any of the candidates will drop before Super Tuesday?

njandrewg
01-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Do we expect Ron Paul's percentages to be higher than around 10% where Iowa and NH were around? Do we hope he starts polling at say 20% and other candidates be in the teens? Do yall think any of the candidates will drop before Super Tuesday?
-his percentages won't rise on their own, there is work ahead, but it should be very possible to increase his percentages. You gotta remember the NH and IA tend to be important to people in those states because they apparently make the elections. I myself live in a super Tuesday state, and honestly I don't think there is 1% of people in my whole town who even know that there is such a thing as primaries and that people vote on Feb 5th.

-As far as people dropping out I sincerely doubt any of them will drop out until Super Tuesday. Hunter might drop out after SC, maybe Thompson if he does as horribly as he did in NH, but I doubt it

damon04
01-09-2008, 01:42 AM
We Are The Campaign!!! Become A Precinct Captain And Do Everything You Can!! Or Dont You Dare Complain!!

Corydoras
01-09-2008, 02:16 AM
Also about those flyers, the problem with them is they are NOVELS, seriously its a block of text with all of Ron's positions. Noone reads them. Thats a problem, hell I can tell that 99% of people have their minds wondering as they are reading this because of it's length.

QFT. In fact, too much text on a political ad is almost the definition for "fringe." Reminds me of those LaRouche tables full of flyers with solid walls of text on them.

I've not wanted to say it before, because so many people have put so much heart into the grassroots print ads, but many of our ads are very cluttered both in terms of the number of images used to create them and the number of words on them.

This probably is worth starting a thread on, but I'm afraid people will think it divisive.

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 02:19 AM
YEAH! Let's go guys! We can do this! Nobody can stop us now!

spacebetween
01-09-2008, 02:23 AM
In the age of instant gratification and pleasure, it IS as bad as some people make it seem -- but only to those people who need instantaneous satisfaction.

Thank God for that, too, because otherwise nothing in this world would get done.