PDA

View Full Version : Need web designer (to take down Huckabee)

MrZach
01-08-2008, 11:36 PM
I need someone to redesign this site ASAP. Basically, give it a better look and feel, etc. This is going to be blasted out to millions Evangelicals across the US VERY soon. Think of Huckabee's "out of no where surge in Iowa" and you'll get what I'm talking about here...

http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/huckabee/

If you want to use any images, please place the images on a public hosting website. Please email me back with any changes you make: zach@mrzach.com

Also, the site links the following blog:

http://fyi08.blogspot.com/

This could also use some work probably. If anyone wants to clean up the code on this, please coordinate through Joel: blueharbor22@yahoo.com

mkeller
01-13-2008, 10:25 PM
Hi! Nice site you've got there! It seems a lot of Christians are fooled by Huckabee's show of conservatism, and this site ought to wake them up to the truth!

I'd like to redesign it, perhaps. The current layout looks pretty good, in my opinion - it's mostly the colors that make it look amateurish. I think some nice, inobtrusive graphics along the top and side, and a better color scheme could make it look very professional. The thing is, I'm not very good at HTML . . . I'm pretty good with graphics design in general, though, and I've got a WYSIWYG website creation program, so I could probably do it for you (it does tend to output pretty messy code, if that matters any).

The writing is very good too! You've convinced me. ;) One thing I might point out, though, is that Huckabee's name is misspelled, on the Integrity page. And one of the "source" links on the knowbeforeyouvote.com main page, for Huckabee (third down, I think?) links to the page it's on, which probably ought to be fixed. But other than that, and the colors/graphics, of course, the site is great! Should convince a lot of people!

tekmo
01-13-2008, 10:28 PM
I'm a designer, i think i'd be down to do this. PM me if you're still interested.

MrZach
01-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks, mkeller! The only thing I can say is that I prefer to keep any graphics for the page HOSTED on a free hosting site, so... if anyone is going to do a mock-up of this site, keep that in mind. I agree, the colors totally suck. The layout sucks, really... I'm very concerned about bandwidth though... the main knowbeforeyouvote.com site is about to go viral and I don't want to chew up all my bandwidth...

I'm going to contact tekmo about doing a re-design of the site. Lets use this forum to track changes and suggestions. =o)

ronpaulblogsdotcom
01-13-2008, 11:13 PM
I wouldnt worry about the bandwidth too much. Just run the pictures through Adobe Imageready and optimize for the web.

That will make them small and still look good.

And if you get real popular a free server will stop your account, and stop your images from loading. I would not do anything with a free server.

If you really need it hosted ask the guy above for suggestions or look on this board, many people have lots of bandwidth and will host for free.

NeoRayden
01-14-2008, 01:55 AM
I could have swore I posted that I was interested. What is up with this place. Why are people taking down posts? I have had several removed.

mkeller
01-14-2008, 12:53 PM
And actually, I just recently got myself a website. I've got a lot of available bandwidth (5TB a month, in fact), and since my site isn't finished yet, I'm using just about none of it. So I could host any images I use on there, if you want.

Also, do you think it might possibly be a little too obvious that the creators of the main site (http://knowbeforeyouvote.com/) are Ron Paul supporters? Every single issue has a YES next to it, for him, but none of the other candidates have more than three or four. While I do agree that Ron Paul is much, much better than any of the other candidates, I think you might be making it a little too obvious. Perhaps the wording of a few of the issues could be changed, so that Paul gets at least one NO, and a few of the others get a couple YES's. Honesty is the best policy, yes, but perhaps it might be better to, you know, speak the truth in love. ;) Just my 2 cents.

(and I'll see if I can get you a layout of some sort by this afternoon)

mkeller
01-14-2008, 08:35 PM
Here's my design!:

Link. (http://download337.mediafire.com/zb1tmnjjhbqg/9z9xmywlmym/Huckabee.zip)

It is only the main Huckabee page and the Sanctity of Life page, I'll make the others if you like the layout. The images are also included in the zip, I'll host them on my site once we're all done.

Let me know whether you like it, and if there's anything you want me to change. One thing I was wondering about was whether you really wanted that "Huckabee's Christian Values?" link at the beginning of every article, even though you also have it in the sidebar? I left it off the homepage, because it didn't seem to fit, but it is on the other page.

Have fun with it!

-Mark