PDA

View Full Version : Getting more women (to vote RP)

UnitedWeStand
01-08-2008, 11:26 PM
I am a woman. I, like many Americans and fellow Paul supporters, tuned out of politics a long time ago. I am so grateful that my husband brought him to my attention and I am very active in this campaign now. If you know about Ron Paul, it is your responsibility to enlighten the others in your life-- perhaps especially the women.

That being said, heres the tearjerking emotional points I believe could appeal to more women.

1. the draft.
a) they don't want their children and grandchildren to be drafted.
b) bring it to their attention that women will also be drafted

2. as previously mentioned--vitamins/alternative healthcare
a) many women research these fields constantly

3. you can lose 10 inches and 30 pounds in the next few weeks canvassing and sign waving is great cardio=)>

Seriously though, I feel a lot of fear and hope about this election. I'd say we are all feeling those emotions. If women are emotional--appeal to them with the truths of your fear and hope. While some may be shallow, shallow waters are easy to stir.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 09:23 PM
Those are all good platforms to promote for sure.. Keep it up!

quantized
01-09-2008, 09:26 PM
We do need more women votes. Espcially those in the age group >55 where we are now lacking big time.

daniroyer
01-09-2008, 10:01 PM
3. you can lose 10 inches and 30 pounds in the next few weeks canvassing and sign waving is great cardio=)>

YES! I actually told this to someone today while I was canvassing as an aside. It really helped the conversation along.

But seriously, as much as I despise dividing everyone into a "group", some women need strict, targeted message. I'm lucky enough to have kids that behave well enough to come with me while canvassing, and they open up a lot of doors I never would have gotten into.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-09-2008, 10:06 PM
nt

roversaurus
01-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Too easy...

Show them pictures of mutilated dead children from Iraq.
Show them the massivly deformed babies from Iraq because of the spent Uranium.
Show them pictures of the children starving from sanctions.

Don't just show it to them CRAM IT DOWN THEIR F****THROAT AND LET THEM KNOW THAT THEY ARE GOING TO SPEND AN ETERNITY IN HELL IF THEY VOTE FOR SOMEONE WHO SUPPORTS THIS WAR.

We either directly or indirectly fucking murdered over a million people. WAKE UP!!!

Uhhhhh, .... no.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-09-2008, 10:11 PM
nt

amy31416
01-09-2008, 10:37 PM
Take this for whatever it's worth, I'm often accused of being "different" than your average female. The reasons I'm voting for Paul:

1. Iraq War
2. IRS/Fiscal policy
3. Freedom for myself and others
4. Realization that Federally run programs are not efficient and are often detrimental
5. Clarity and openness in Government
6. Just want to be left the F alone
7. Freedom in research and science
8. Free markets

That's in some semblance of order of importance.

My biases? Raised by neocons, liberal early on, became independent during Gore v. Bush, work in a male-dominated profession. Solid middle class, don't like to be told what to do by anyone. 37 yrs old, no kids. Only dependent is a chompy dog. Oh, and I like experiments and do not fear change, I generally welcome it, if I perceive it as good.

Luft97
01-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Umm why not?

People need to know what thier votes really do. They murder innocent people.

While it is true, I think there are better ways to appeal to women voters..many of which are listed here ;)

jenn122
01-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Also, if you know any homeschoolers/private school, be sure to let them know Dr. Paul's stance. As well as for vaccinations.

Many moms are passionate about these issues ;)