PDA

View Full Version : Urge Ron Paul's Campaign to run tests on the newsletters

leglock
01-08-2008, 11:25 PM
It won't be hard for them to prove the signatures are fake and I think it's worth showing that Ron Paul's style of writing is different.

Avalon
01-08-2008, 11:29 PM
I don't believe "the signatures" were ever an issue and the latter has already been done by two independent parties.

runderwo
01-08-2008, 11:31 PM
Why bother with all that? If it's hurting the campaign, he should just out the ghostwriter. Who is so important to protect anyway?

ronpaulitician
01-08-2008, 11:33 PM
Even if Ron Paul didn't write the bigoted articles, they appeared in newsletter bearing his name.

He was negligent in not approving the content. Big mistake, and one that I'm sure he regrets greatly. On the other hand, one must consider the number of articles that have appeared in those newsletters. There may have literally been tens of thousands. If a small percentage of those contained bigoted remarks, there may have been no way for Paul to know. I assume that the target audience of the newsletters can be described as "fringe" and there may not have been many who took the time to complain.

Based on what I've read, it was pointed out to Paul in 1996 that these bigoted comments had appeared in his newsletters.

ronpaulitician
01-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Why bother with all that? If it's hurting the campaign, he should just out the ghostwriter. Who is so important to protect anyway?
Outing the person doesn't help. Paul has already accepted moral responsibility for the comments being published in his name.