PDA

View Full Version : 3 Things The Inept HQ Needs To Emphasize NOW

ronpaulfan
01-08-2008, 11:15 PM
Ron Paul is the MOST ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT CANDIDATE RUNNING

Ron Paul is the LEAD Q4 REPUBLICAN FUNDRAISER

Ron Paul BROKE THE U.S. 1-DAY FUNDRAISING RECORD

God I f-ing hate the official campaign. The creative energy in the official campaign is ZERO :mad:

free.alive
01-08-2008, 11:34 PM
What we need is rebranding. We need to turn our campaign around from one that is against this and that to one that has specific and ingenious solutions (Ron Paul's, ours, those conceived in Liberty). Here is an example:

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/person.xpd?id=400311&tab=bills

Nearly every one of these bills is perfectly crafted to be used as an effective campaign tool.

We need to reinvent our message around positive and forward thinking, not the rolling back of the state. Advocate the same things but from a positive and not from the negative.

Thoughts?

Madison
01-09-2008, 03:32 AM
How about his position on the war?

Just an idea.

Enzo
01-09-2008, 03:35 AM
Yes... Focus on the Iraq "war" and the US economy.

These two issues are the most immediate problems in the minds of most Americans.

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 03:36 AM
Yes... Focus on the Iraq "war" and the US economy.

These two issues are the most immediate problems in the minds of most Americans.

Indeed, I believe CNN highlighted this on their exit polling data.

tgannaway89
01-09-2008, 03:38 AM
Inept... nice!

SeanEdwards
01-09-2008, 03:38 AM
It's the economy.

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 03:39 AM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/epolls/index.html#NHREP

All the information we need to win is right here

volando
01-09-2008, 04:09 AM
+1 to focusing on the war and the downturn in economy..

-1 to focusing on constitution, lengthy discussions about fed/gold standard

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 04:18 AM
+1 to focusing on the war and the downturn in economy..

-1 to focusing on constitution, lengthy discussions about fed/gold standard

Lengthy discussions about the fed don't help us, we need to hit the drive by voters.

The NH exit poll tells us everything we need to win:
1. stress anti-war stance profusely
2. stress economy
3. name recognition

volando
01-09-2008, 04:22 AM
Lengthy discussions about the fed don't help us, we need to hit the drive by voters.

The NH exit poll tells us everything we need to win:
1. stress anti-war stance profusely
2. stress economy
3. name recognition

yes, that's exactly i was saying, thus the "-1" :-p

JohnnyWrath
01-09-2008, 04:40 AM
He could cry on TV because he isn't winning, it worked for Hillary.

Jobarra
01-09-2008, 04:46 AM
In order to grab more Republicans, I think he needs to emphasize that he would take our troops to war IF Congress Declared War with a specific goal that was constitutional. I think alot of Republicans believe he would never go to war. They love his domestic policies but think he would just sit here and wait for someone to attack us. i.e., if Dr. Paul gets into office and Congress decides that we should be at war with Iraq, they will have to pass a Declaration of War.

hawkeyenick
01-09-2008, 04:53 AM
In order to grab more Republicans, I think he needs to emphasize that he would take our troops to war IF Congress Declared War with a specific goal that was constitutional. I think alot of Republicans believe he would never go to war. They love his domestic policies but think he would just sit here and wait for someone to attack us. i.e., if Dr. Paul gets into office and Congress decides that we should be at war with Iraq, they will have to pass a Declaration of War.

How many times do I have to say it...read the goddamn exit poll!

coboman
01-09-2008, 05:24 AM
Too little, too late.

If they were not capable of convincing 100,000 people in two states, what makes you think that it will be easier to convince 2 million people in 40 states?

30 second ads never won a campaign. Specially if the message is as complex as Ron Paul's

Cyclone
01-09-2008, 05:38 AM
He needs to stop trying to market to both the left and the right. Republicans are not winning. They are losing big time. It is time to stop being a Republican and focus on being a Libertarian, a man for the people. A man who truly offers change. Do you all see the Dems? That is all they can say over and over, and guess what, it is working. Calling yourself the most conservative man in the race is crazy! No one wants a conservative. They don't know what that means, except that it means more Republican nonsense.

He has worked so hard at grabbing the far right he is ignoring his base and they are all going over to Obama.

He is the only man in the country who offers the change that people really want, but no one has told them.

Tuff_Fish
01-09-2008, 07:00 AM
What a Ron Paul presidency would mean to the average voter.

What would it mean to the average voter if the IRS were dismantled?

What would it mean if there were competing currencies backed by gold or silver?

How would refusing to go to war without a congressional declaration of war mean to the average voter?

What would it mean to cease the war on drugs? (He needs to be crystal clear on what he means here. I am not sure I understand completely. All I know is we need to stop the urban chaos we have now)

What would it mean.... you get the idea.

The message is not being received by enough of the voters. The campaign MUST do better.

T

LibertyEagle
01-09-2008, 07:03 AM
What a Ron Paul presidency would mean to the average voter.

What would it mean to the average voter if the IRS were dismantled?

What would it mean if there were competing currencies backed by gold or silver?

How would refusing to go to war without a congressional declaration of war mean to the average voter?

What would it mean to cease the war on drugs? (He needs to be crystal clear on what he means here. I am not sure I understand completely. All I know is we need to stop the urban chaos we have now)

What would it mean.... you get the idea.

The message is not being received by enough of the voters. The campaign MUST do better.

T

+1

familydog
01-09-2008, 07:05 AM
Yes. I consider myself fairly educated and the fed/gold standard stuff is almost above me. People who never had a chance to go to school or learn economics just fade out when he talks about that. Simple economics and getting fired up about the war like he did with Ingram will do more.