PDA

View Full Version : Changing people and changing a country.

Eureeka
01-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Change - what this campaign has really been about.

*warning - heartfelt post - to inspire you to keep on keepin on*

My personal change took a few years, a few months and a few minutes.

It began a few years ago, when a man named Ron Paul decided to go into politics to make a difference. His motivation to make a difference and influence change was key to my own personal change. His change, changed me.

A few months ago, when I heard the name Ron Paul for the first time, was the time that my boyfriend changed and was awoken to a new and frightening world. His change, changed me.

Although I did not know I was changing, over the months I was slowly opening up to the truth. I was resistant because I didn't think it was possible to hear the truth, and I honestly didn't know what the truth sounded like. I did not want to change.

Upon finally watching Ron Paul speak, it only took me a few minutes to really change. To WANT to change. A veil was lifted and the world was a new and strangly unfamiliar place. It was a difficult message to hear.

Change is not simple or pleasant. You have to admit to yourself that you were wrong, or made a mistake.

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof." ~John Kenneth Galbraith

Now that I've decided to change, I want others to change, just as you do. To expect it to be quick, spontaneous for others, just because I think they should change, because I have changed, would not make sense.

"Those who expect moments of change to be comfortable and free of conflict have not learned their history." ~Joan Wallach Scott

And that is where we stand today, we want people to change, we want to wake them up and we want it now. What we don't realize is that we can't change anyone. People have to choose to change themselves.

We are responsible for no ones actions but our own.

What is happening is bigger than me, bigger than you, bigger than this campaign, bigger than this election, bigger than Mr Paul. If you have truely changed and believe the message, there's no going back. After this election I will continue to watch and learn, and i will continue to talk with others and teach them what I learn, so that someday they too may change. My friends, my family, my co-workers. Why? Because I care for my country and those around me. Because I believe in the message. Because I know people cannot change over night, but I know they can change.

When the change occurs is irrelevant, because it's out of my control. What's important is that people change.

If I can help just one person change, I've done my job.

I hope you all continue assisting others to change.

GoApe4RonPaul2008
01-08-2008, 11:16 PM
AMEN!

Well said!

robert4rp08
01-09-2008, 12:19 PM
Well said!

Change has been the major theme for this Presidential election. As we all know, the only candidate whom proposes a true, positive change is Dr. Paul. Change will not happen overnight. And with the odds stacked against OUR movement, change will not occur next year or the next few years.

We need to keep strong, keep united and promote the message of freedom to friends and family members. Talk to people that trust you. Have a genuine conversation. The power of THE TRUTH is impossible to deny. Once they jump aboard the movement, they will spread the word to their friends and family as well. The revolution will snowball until it cannot be stopped- stopped by the media, stopped by the apathetic, stopped by the ignorant.

In Dr. Paul's own words. The revolution and the movement is bigger than him. The revolution and the movement IS US. I encourage everyone to become involved in the movement. Whether it's through donations, talking to friends, becoming involved in local efforts, or even running for a local office.

We shall prevail, we must be diligent, organized, and work together.

"LET IT NOT BE SAID THAT WE DID NOTHING!"

Eureeka
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM

I'm glad the debate has renewed people's optimism.

A gentleman spoke in our last meetup about the rollercoaster we were in for. I'm so glad he did.