PDA

View Full Version : NH proves that we need a catalyst and there is only one coming up - MLK

JustAnotherV
01-08-2008, 11:09 PM
I know this is controversial but I am sorry to say that the bulk of the population doesn't give a damn about founders birthdays, random patriotic days, etc.

I thought we would get a slightly better showing in NH than Iowa, but apparently John 1000 years McCain took a lot of the independents and even more of them decided to vote in the "more important" democratic race.

I try to remain optimistic about Ron's message but also have to face the facts of political reality. If we continue on our current trajectory we get nowhere NEAR the nomination. Since most of the nomination will be decided on February 5th, this campaign needs a VERY strong catalyst before then.

If we can get a 3rd or (?) in MI or NV, it might help into SC and then to FL, but people need to start waking up and realizing that that is a highly unlikely scenario, especially all by itself.

There is only one day with enough symbolic weight in January to turn this tide and it is MLK. Do I think it will work? I don't know. Do we need to make it big if we want chance in hell at the GOP nomination, or even being a big enough "spoiler" to influence their policy and/or convince people we are a viable independent run? Yes.

Sometimes when you are behind and have no way out you have to take a gamble. The gamble is an MLK event.

I am not talking about a money bomb. We can have one if people want I don't care. What we need is to rally and March, and draft Ron to make a speech about liberty, individual rights, and pushing for change in government. March on all state capitols. Get the media involved. March on DC. Get a crowd like there was in philly, if not larger, in DC.

It’s the only way to get the media and mindshare that we really need to punch through. Everything else is either divine grace or wishful thinking, and neither of those Is a smart way to run a campaign.

dcatman
01-08-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm there.

I would make any sacrifice to provide a message that the media could not ignore.

JustAnotherV
01-09-2008, 02:28 AM
punt

Ron Paul Fan
01-09-2008, 02:32 AM
Stop with the negativity! Ron Paul will be our next President!

NJ Carlos
01-09-2008, 02:41 AM

I'm beginning to believe you're being sarcastic lol...but that's ok. I've come to the conclusion that Ron Paul will most likely not win, but I will honestly continue to promote his candidacy because I've already committed to it and I know it's the proper and honorable thing to do.

As per the topic starter, I don't think he was being negative. He is completely right, and if we want to win we need to heed his advice.

EvilEngineer
01-09-2008, 02:46 AM
sadly, the only catalyst that work with humanity is violence. Peace inspires laziness and complacency. Only through shocking in-your-face horrific violence are people moved to change. 9/11 was an example of the majority of the people of this country coming together. For the 2nd revolution to occur, sadly will require some sort of government on civilian massive violence... or any attempt of the establishment trying violence against Dr. Paul.

JustAnotherV
01-09-2008, 03:38 PM

Thinking realistically and strategically is not "negativity," nor is trying to find something to rally and motivates our supporters and the nation.

This labeling of anything not containing rose colored glasses or heads in the clouds as "negative" is more destructive than almost any so-called negative comments, and is like a bad page out of "The Secret."

Don't believe me? Try these on for size:

We are winning the war on terror
We are winning the war in Iraq
Liberals don't want us to win
The US base the best health care system in the world
The economy is strong

If you want to play that game you are no better than the liars who run this country. What is a revolution without reality and honesty?

JustAnotherV
01-09-2008, 03:45 PM
sadly, the only catalyst that work with humanity is violence. Peace inspires laziness and complacency. Only through shocking in-your-face horrific violence are people moved to change. 9/11 was an example of the majority of the people of this country coming together. For the 2nd revolution to occur, sadly will require some sort of government on civilian massive violence... or any attempt of the establishment trying violence against Dr. Paul.

I disagree and move to alter your statement from "violence" to "inconvenience" or "discomfort." The entire concept of passive or nonviolent resistance, assembly, strike, etc., is to accomplish such things without physical violence.

Complacency does pose an issue especially in a country which is both rich and specializes in entertaining itself. Maybe nothing will happen until the economy crashes, etc., but it would not be necessary with more awareness or even enough of an irritant like the failing dollar and rising costs.

Dlynne
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Forgive me for being cynical. The last time we put on a rally -- the Philadelphia rally -- Paul scheduled a press conference. The media showed up but Paul did not. He did show up for the rally.

Rallies and chip ins are fine. But if we are to have any chance at all -- if the money raised for Paul is not to be in vain -- Paul needs to hire top notch professionals to assist with this campaign. If he is not going to do this, then he should say so, and then some of us can make an informed decision about what we want to do with our money and our time.

JustAnotherV
01-09-2008, 03:47 PM
At the very least, there is the original MLK site for $ bomb and rally

http://www.freeatlast2008.com/

JustAnotherV
01-09-2008, 03:50 PM
Forgive me for being cynical. The last time we put on a rally -- the Philadelphia rally -- Paul scheduled a press conference. The media showed up but Paul did not. He did show up for the rally.

Rallies and chip ins are fine. But if we are to have any chance at all -- if the money raised for Paul is not to be in vain -- Paul needs to hire top notch professionals to assist with this campaign. If he is not going to do this, then he should say so, and then some of us can make an informed decision about what we want to do with our money and our time.

Like Clinton, "I feel your pain," however I think it is unlikely and that will happen and even if it did, we only have 2 weeks for this and it might not be enough time for it/to matter.

My main concern is just that we somehow galvanize suppport nationwide and at least show them that there is a good chunk of voters that feel the way that Dr. Paul does.

JustAnotherV
01-10-2008, 04:46 PM
RP has mentioned MLK day in the mainstream. Time to move, people.