01-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Romney: 30
Huckabee: 21
McCain: 10
Thompson: 6
Paul: 2
Giuliani: 1
Hunter: 1

• There are currently 2,380 total delegates to the Republican National Convention, including 1,917 pledged delegates and 463 unpledged delegates. The total number of delegate votes needed to win the nomination is 1,191.

We're not out of this. So much negativity on this forum can be a bummer sometimes. Hopefully this will lighten spirits a bit, and get people back to work. Yes it will be hard, but nothing worthwhile is ever easy. I think my grandpa said that once :) Some of the posts on the NH thread would have you believe the world was over.

PathIveMade
01-08-2008, 10:56 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnd bump

Bradley in DC
01-08-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the post. Yes, the delegate count is what's important.

And as you know, we need a change in the official campaign if those ratios are going to change in our favor. ;)

We can do this, yes. We just need to get some people on the official campaign that can help us for a change.

PathIveMade
01-08-2008, 11:08 PM
I agree wholeheartedly... by he way the Ohio problem was handled. And while I'm at it, Bradley, I had a question for you, maybe you can shed some light? I've heard talk of going into the convention with a "split" delegation and how essentially if Ron Paul was able to garner enough support delegate wise for that to occur, that that would be a coup of sorts. Any idea what I'm talking about, and if so, what would the benefit be?

dkim68
01-08-2008, 11:23 PM
I think the whole delegate process should be done away with.

It should be this simple:
1. People vote with paper ballots
2. Hand count the ballots
3. Pick a winner

Done.

mavtek
01-08-2008, 11:30 PM
People counting out Romney and he's got the most delegates :)

ronpaulitician
01-08-2008, 11:35 PM
How did Thompson get 6?

Crickett
01-08-2008, 11:40 PM
Iowa delegates are NOT final yet. It was just a straw poll there. We have LOTS of delegates going to compete to win the national delegate contest. They do it different in IA.

slantedview
01-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the post. Yes, the delegate count is what's important.

And as you know, we need a change in the official campaign if those ratios are going to change in our favor. ;)

We can do this, yes. We just need to get some people on the official campaign that can help us for a change.

so... .do you see this as possibly actually happening? word is/was that hillary might be adding another "layer" of folks to her campaign to mix things up (as opposed to dismissing people, which looks bad).

werdd
01-08-2008, 11:44 PM
we got 2 from iowa, and we should be getting 1-2 more from NH i beleive.

PathIveMade
01-08-2008, 11:45 PM
How did Thompson get 6?

From his pledged delegates in the WY and IA caucuses.

cswake
01-08-2008, 11:47 PM
I think the whole delegate process should be done away with.

It should be this simple:
1. People vote with paper ballots
2. Hand count the ballots
3. Pick a winner

Done.
Actually, even simpler:

Republican National Committee Nominee Litmus Test:
1) Are you a lawyer?
2) If no, winner found.