PDA

View Full Version : The Best Defense is a Good Offense

TwiLeXia
01-08-2008, 10:29 PM
I don't want to, but somehow, and I don't know why, but today I'm starting to look at politics from a new perspective.

Unfortunately, politics is like sports. It doesn't matter how you win, as long as you do win - then no matter what, people will support you. On the other hand, no matter how good you are, if you lose... people will shy away.

People like winners. That's why the media is so focused on the front-runners. Turn on Dr. Paul, and people just change the channels or turn off the TV. They see Huckabee and wonder hmm he's doing quite well why don't I listen to what he says. Why don't I check out his positions.

This is a game, and our strategy is critical. First we need to attack. Make all the other candidates look as bad as possible, and compare them to Dr. Paul. It doesn't matter if voters decide to not vote at all, a no-show is better than a vote for the other guy. Then make Dr. Paul look good as possible.

People like controversy. The media likes controversy. A perfect candidate sounds almost too boring. I was talking with a friend today and he's a Giuliani supporter. He said he didn't care that Giuliani was a flip-flopper, and that the only reason he agrees with him is on immigration. He doesn't even know the rest of Ghouliani's positions.

Dr. Paul is a principled man, and I respect him so much for that. But maybe we need to go on the offense. After all, as they say, the best defense is a good offense. We can't keep defending Dr. Paul against the people who say "Oh... Ron Paul can't get into office... his ideas are too radical... he won't get support... I've never heard of him..."

Instead, we need to go into the offense, attack other candidates on their issues and stir up controversy. The media will follow - believe me - negative or otherwise. People will become interested, and wonder what the heck is going on.

And that's when you draw them in.