PDA

View Full Version : An Optimistic Must-Read for those who care enough to act

deloreanz
01-08-2008, 09:56 PM
Regardless of the NH outcome, don't get discouraged. While I think for some, that posting should be done after emotions have cooled off, I do feel for those who have been working so hard to get RP out there. I also commend all the amazing things that everyone has done. I would not be here in support had it not been for all your efforts, and now I have joined the ranks and have started helping out in every way I can.

At the time of this post only ~60% are reporting (at least from the website I'm checking), so theres a little under half the votes still not in yet. I'd love nothing more than for RP to get 1st 2nd or 3rd, but it is what it is. On the flip side I think it is stellar that the grassroots have gotten so many other people behind RP, WITHOUT MAINSTREAM ENDORSEMENT. Seriously, 10k votes in IA - a hard sell from the beginning and he comes within a few thousand votes of 3rd place behind two over hyped candidates.

As many people have said, which I am starting to believe - Even if RP doesn't win the nomination or the presidency - people are waking up and when the sky starts to fall, our numbers will grow exponentially. Apathy, Ignorance, and Blind Faith have allowed people to ignore the truth at hand.

I think RP can win. Other "front runners" will drop out as each state passes, and we've only hit the tip of the iceberg for delegates. States like mine (CA) and FL can hurl RP into the top tier, and we still have time to canvass, sign wave, write letters, call, etc.

This was originally intended as a reply to a fairly pessimistic thread, but its scope grew to the point where I thought it could be its own thread of optimism, realism and commradary.

People have said it before, but I'd like to reemphasize:

Talking in the forums online and joining meetup groups is great, but it won't win votes. We NEED to:

talk to our friends and family
CANVASS
sign wave
write letters
call

Contact your local meetup (http://ronpaul.meetup.com) group organizer and if you don't get the enthusiastic response you should get, contact another until you get in touch with local people who are pumped. Make a plan, hold each other to it, and do it. First priority should be to canvass all local precincts. Start with your own and get your meetups to help, then move to other peoples precincts until you've completed your local precincts.

You NEED to become your local Precinct Captain (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php) if there is not already (PC is just a fancy term for "the person who makes sure your neighborhood is visited about RP). PC's are given a list of addresses that are local to you that you need to visit and talk with about RP. The RP2008 precinct captain site has lots of great videos and info on how to do all this. RonPaulReveres.com (http://www.ronpaulreveres.com/) has a great and practical video on how to canvass.

Lastly, I know canvassing and sign waving can be a scary idea. But from personal experience I can tell you that if you believe in RP, you will have so much fun doing a sign wave and going door to door. People are a lot more receptive than you might think. Even if someone drives by your sign waving with a thumbs down, it will only make you smile and get more excited. I've never been politically active, and all I can say is I didn't want to leave my recent sign wave meetup event, and I immediately started making dvd's and RSVPing yes for every event I could.

I urge you to keep up the good fight (or start it if you're new or busy/lazy). I am proof that reaching out works, and I'm sure many others on here can raise their hand to that. We don't lose this if Ron doesn't "win", and this race is still open for him to do so.